PDA

View Full Version : Is my aloe good for SMT?

Tsopana
September 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hello everyone!:) Since I'm a newbie around here and since in the past few months I've been obsessed with using natural products only, I'd like some help concerning the aloe gel I just bought. It says Aloe 99% bioactive, with Calendula and Chamomile, but what I'm concerned about is the list of ingredients in the back of the bottle. Some of the names listed there are plant extracts, but there's also a large number of chemicals. I just want your opinion on this guys, cause I really want to do my first SMT but I'm afraid my aloe gel isn't pure enough to put it on my hair. Here's the list of ingredients that worry me:

Peg-40, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Triethanolamine, Carbomere, Disodium EDTA, Benzophenone 4, Parfum, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Butylphenylmethylpropional, Linalool.

Does anyone have a clue?:confused: Thanks in advance!!

Cassie 123
September 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Wow, that is a lot of junk. I would personally not put glyceryl polyacrylate on my hair because it would function as a hold product (like hair gel), and you'd probably have to shampoo to get it all off.

Pure aloe juice from the health food store works fine in an SMT and is often cheaper than gels like this.

Mirsha
September 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Nah, it's no good in an SMT. Looks like a nice body creme though :)

(polymers, carbomere and preservatives are basically in it)

HairFaerie
September 19th, 2011, 01:44 PM
No. I would not use it in my hair.

The best aloe (in my opinion) to use is the kind you get in the health food store/section of grocery store that can be ingested. It's 100% aloe vera pulp and needs to be refrigerated after opening.

Tsopana
September 19th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Oh.. such a shame! :( Anyway, thank you so much for your advice, I'll definitely look for a health food store..:)