PDA

View Full Version : pics of my hair after my SMT!! Its growing YAY!!

annieangel149
September 19th, 2011, 05:12 AM
so here is my hair 8 weeks ago

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/annieangel149/Rachelhair006.jpg

and this is my hair yesterday after an SMT

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/annieangel149/misc019.jpg

isabelx
September 19th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Wow impressive :) did you mean the first picture was your hair 8 weeks ago?

insomniac-uk
September 19th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Thats amazing growth for 8 weeks

spidermom
September 19th, 2011, 06:29 AM
It looks very smooth and shiny.

annieangel149
September 19th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Wow impressive :) did you mean the first picture was your hair 8 weeks ago?

yes it is! i dont think i realised that it had grown that much! cant figure out if im at APL or nearly at APL!

vintage88
September 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM
looks really healthy, great progress!!:)

Yosha
September 19th, 2011, 07:30 AM
That's some amazing growth, and it looks healthier too!

Toiréasa
September 19th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Wow great progress!

annieangel149
September 19th, 2011, 07:38 AM
thankyou :o
you guys are so great! You are all so caring and encourage me sooo much to keep growing! It seems healthier! I decided to wear it up everynight and have been wearing it up more in the day after posting that pic 8 weeks ago! I think this has really helped my hair! Also my hair loved that SMT i did yesterday! That was my first SMT on my hair! My hair liked it :D

CastaDiva
September 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Great progress!! Your hair looks really shiny, healthy and smooth. Love the thick hemline too:)

Sunny_side_up
September 19th, 2011, 08:14 AM
shiny, pretty, healthy looking hair. :) It has been growing well!

utdesertrunner
September 19th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Woah....it's growing like crazy!!! Yay!

greentealeaf
September 19th, 2011, 08:25 AM
That's some great growth! The condition of your hair looks so healthy as well. :)

Roscata
September 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM
SMT really does wonders and your hair is living proof of that, it looks really pretty. I'm glad you found something that works. :D

annieangel149
September 19th, 2011, 12:38 PM
thankyou again for your kind words! I dont think i would even have got this tiny bit of growth if i wasn't here at LHC :)

Bambi
September 19th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Your hair looks so nice! Hooray! I am sorry for my stupidity but what is SMT? Thank you!

infinity_girl
September 19th, 2011, 01:01 PM
That's a lot of growth in 8 weeks. Your hair looks really healthy now.

Anje
September 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Looks shiny, moisturized, and like it's growing like crazy!

pepperminttea
September 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM
That is some happy hair right there! :D

annieangel149
September 19th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Your hair looks so nice! Hooray! I am sorry for my stupidity but what is SMT? Thank you!

Hi! there is an article on it but my netbook is playing up so for some reason its not letting me put the link here.... buts its 4 parts conditioner, 1 part honey and 1 part aloe gel i didnt have the aloe though so i used coconut oil instead. I clarified, then smothered the mixed up smt all over my hair and wrapped it in a warm towel for 3 hours... then washed it all off with warm water and conditioner ( i didn't use shampoo to wash the smt out) :D

Columbia River
September 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
How long have you been growing and where did you start from? I'd love to have that length by next summer. ;)

Lisa R
September 19th, 2011, 11:17 PM
That is a big difference! Looks so healthy and shiny and looks like it loved the SMT:)

annieangel149
September 20th, 2011, 01:53 AM
How long have you been growing and where did you start from? I'd love to have that length by next summer. ;)

well....i had been having perms since 2008 and my hair sort of stayed at around shoulder length! I had my last perm around June 2010 and a trim and there was about 3 inches of dye left on my hair! My hair was a mess! I was miserable! The perms and dye had really damaged it! I decided to stop having perms because of its fragile state! My hair hadn't grown at all and it looked so bad in september as half my hair was straight and the other half was curly! It looked stupid so out of desparation i used a chemical straightener on it! :rolleyes: It got my hair completely straight but after i did that stupid thing my hair was so weak! When i tugged just a little at strands the hair came away in my hands! It was that bad! I had no idea what to do so i decided benign neglect was the only way! I just chucked it in a pony tail and tried to forget about it! amazingly, after a month of not doing anything with it but shampooing and conditioning my hair was looking slightly better! it was growing again very slowly! then in november i went to get a cut back to shoulder to try and get rid of more damage! Then i joined you great peeps here at LHC in dec 2010! Since then i got three trims and because my hair seems to grow quite fast I got rid of all the damage....It was great to have virgin hair! I made the decision to grow my hair when i joined here and had reguler trims not going above shoulder length! I have not had a trim for 4 months and have babyed it like crazy! It does need another trim now because i do have fine hair but im holding off untill it gets to BSL!

sorry for the long post but i really wanted to encourage peeps here that are growing out damage! If i managed it (im a very impatient person) so can you!! :D

Bambi
September 20th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Hi! there is an article on it but my netbook is playing up so for some reason its not letting me put the link here.... buts its 4 parts conditioner, 1 part honey and 1 part aloe gel i didnt have the aloe though so i used coconut oil instead. I clarified, then smothered the mixed up smt all over my hair and wrapped it in a warm towel for 3 hours... then washed it all off with warm water and conditioner ( i didn't use shampoo to wash the smt out) :D

Thank you! I will definately try this:D My hair will appreciate it he he:)