PDA

View Full Version : How many ways can I wear my hair?

8thsinner
September 19th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Okay for you galls with a thousand bun variations but with my hair being shaved at the back and sides, I don't feel there are too many ways to wear,
Straight
Pony tail
Central braid down the back...(I prefer 4strand round braid)

I am aware of the hairstyle dictionary, but I am working off a dongle here and cannot afford to check out each and every one, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have been looking for a long time for something with a strong and obvious japanese influence for my Halloween costume but without success. Not sure I wanna cut it for that top knot look, nor with the saved sides do I think it would work anyway.

slz
September 19th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Could you post a picture showing precisely which part is shaved or not ? It might help.
For starters I'd say any type of braid or bun except done with whatever amount of hair you have, but it might not be equally attractive depending on where the shaving is, I don't know though - I'd say you try first then see what you think of it. My favourite ever is asimple braided bun, once you've done your usual braid just coil it around, secure with a stick. Yours will be higher up because of the shaved part but I think it can look great just the same.
As of japanese inspired do, you could try and make any kind of high-up, top-knotty bun with two sticks in it - even if technically it's not the real deal, it will remain close and japanse inspired ?

Madora
September 19th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Perhaps two braids wound around in a bun?

Or two braided twists in a bun? Or two cinnamon twist bun?

Cameo bun?

A lot depends on the length of your hair and its thickness.

8thsinner
September 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I am not convinced any kind of bun will suit a guy.

slz
September 19th, 2011, 05:16 PM
15 more posts to go and you might change your mind after you visit Gumball's photo albums :D .

8thsinner
September 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Make that 14, sounds interesting, I am open minded enough to look at least.

FrozenBritannia
September 19th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Have you ever watched Mulan (The Disney film)? It is chinese not japanese but the hairstyle Mulan as a boy wears might work for you... Or you could do a series of mini buns in a row and go for a knotted mohawk :D