PDA

View Full Version : Are my ends really that thin? =( (pics)

SoulOfTheSea
September 19th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I love how my hair is waist-length now, but my ends are bugging me to no end. They just seem thin. :( Are they really thin, or am I just imagining it? I don't know, help! :confused:

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/SoulOfTheSeas/DSCF2815.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/SoulOfTheSeas/DSCF2799.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/SoulOfTheSeas/DSCF2717.jpg

SoulOfTheSea
September 19th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Oh my goodness, forgive the HUGE pictures and dirty mirror!

xoxophelia
September 19th, 2011, 01:18 AM
They are tapered but not very thin and they also look healthy. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. With your hair pattern I think the look of some taper is actually very flattering on your hair. It is quite possible it will thicken up over time if you ever maintain your length also :)

Safira
September 19th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I donīt think your ends are thin. And I do believe that itīs normal that ends are thinner than for example lenght.

maria_asa
September 19th, 2011, 01:20 AM
No I don't think they look thin at all and, as xoxophelia said, they look healthy.

longhairedlady
September 19th, 2011, 01:23 AM
First of all your hair is beautiful! Secondly, I do not think the ends look thin. I think its is normal for the last inch of two to not be as thick as the rest of your hair. Especially if you do not trim that often. And you have wavy hair so its hard to tell if its a little thinner than the rest or if the curls gathered together. Either way I would not worry about it because you have pretty hair! :)

MissAlida
September 19th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I'd love to have ends that thick when I'll reach waist. But I will probably have very thin ends, since my hair is cut in a deep V shape, and I swore off trims until next autumn. Your ends are gorgeous, don't worry. :)

EmiliaF
September 19th, 2011, 01:25 AM
I also don't think the ends look thin. Maybe a little tapered, but that's normal at that length (and in your case barely noticeable) Beautiful hair :)

infinity_girl
September 19th, 2011, 01:29 AM
They look great to me. I have hair envy now.

annieangel149
September 19th, 2011, 01:30 AM
wow! gorgeous hair! and no! i actually love your ends! the tapered look really looks nice on you! :) I have always thought tapered on curly hair is beautiful! I dont like it so much on straight hair but thats just my preference!

EvaSimone
September 19th, 2011, 01:39 AM
They do taper out a bit but they don't look bad to me. If you wanted a 1-2" trim would probably get rid of the taper completely. You have very pretty hair.

Athena's Owl
September 19th, 2011, 01:45 AM
It looks like your full thickness stops at BSL, but honestly, it's just a bit of a taper, it's not straggly or anything. you could probably maintain at waist length for a year and see if the rest catches up.

jojo
September 19th, 2011, 01:51 AM
I don't see any thiness or taper, just thickish ends. Ive just trimmed from hip to above waist to get rid of thin ends, they annoy me too but no yours look fine.

kamikaze hair
September 19th, 2011, 02:30 AM
are you kidding, i'd kill for your ends! your ends look good, really good. And like someone else mentioned, you could probably nip that in the butt with a one-two inch trim.

SwordWomanRiona
September 19th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Those ends are gorgeous slightly-fairytailing healthy-looking curls to me! I love that slightly tapered look on wavy/curly people :) Personally, I love how your hemline looks - I wouldn't call it thin-, but if you would feel happier with a blunter hemline you could always microtrim your hair every couple of months or so until it is evened out and looks fuller to you...That's what I did with my straight fairytailing ends, they bugged me endlessly too (even if a fair number on LHC told me they liked them ;)).
But don't worry, your ends don't look thin.

Blackfire
September 19th, 2011, 02:41 AM
They are like fairytail ends! Not thin, just whispey and pretty :D

ArienEllariel
September 19th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Nope, they don't look really thin to me. Actually, your ends are about like mine at the moment. Don't worry about 'em. They're fine. :)

kanaka
September 19th, 2011, 02:56 AM
I don't think your hair ends are thin. everyone has a bit taper along their hair length.your hair is pretty and don't worry about the ends

Alaia
September 19th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Your ends do taper a little bit but they look great!

Personally I wouldn't be worried about that (mine probably look a bit like that too!), but a small trim would probably make a huge difference to you.

bunzfan
September 19th, 2011, 03:54 AM
They don't look thin at all but if they are bugging you you could do a micro trim.

julliams
September 19th, 2011, 03:59 AM
I really really like that look. It's like having fairytale ends but at the one length. Your hair is really pretty.

pepperminttea
September 19th, 2011, 04:29 AM
A little, but in a very flattering way; it's obvious the hair's healthy, and with your waves it looks so pretty and princess-y. :)

PorkChop
September 19th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Looks pretty normal to me :) I think mine will be like that when ive got a few more inches on my length

Sophie.Bold
September 19th, 2011, 04:57 AM
They are thinner than the length but Nice and Healthy Looking! It is normal! Love u hair! :)

Chetanlaiho
September 19th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Hey we're almost hair twins ^_^ (noticed from the pictures that yours was similar to mine, and the typing system mostly agrees xD)

My ends do the same but for me a big reason is that two years ago I had very thick bangs and sidebangs cut in so a lot of hair goes into that rather than into the length. But I've come to appreciate how it brings out the really curly ends =)

Yours look perfectly healthy enough to me and they look rather pretty fairytaling ever so slightly ^_^

arc691
September 19th, 2011, 05:50 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies%204/flowers-horse.jpg

Looks great to me!

CastaDiva
September 19th, 2011, 06:03 AM
I think your ends look just fine. You have beautiful hair:)

spidermom
September 19th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Not too thin at all.

Charlotte
September 19th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Heh heh they're thicker than mine so that makes them seem ok to me!!! :p I think that your hair is beautifully thick and healthy looking - even the ends! :D :blossom:

vintage88
September 19th, 2011, 06:41 AM
your hair is stunning, I love your waves and dont think your ends look thin, I am rather jealous of your hair! :)

UltraBella
September 19th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I think they look fantastic, don't worry about that bit of taper, everyone has that :)

Mesmerise
September 19th, 2011, 07:28 AM
They are a bit thinner than the rest of your hair, but they're not too thin at all! I think it's really a normal amount of taper, and if you maintain the length for awhile, I think you'll find that the rest of your hair catches up just fine!

Vercelli
September 19th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Your hair looks beautiful! Don't worry your ends are perfectly fine and not thin at all! :grouphug:

Annibelle
September 19th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I clicked this thread expecting to see thin ends! These are perfect, imo. Now MY ends are another story. =_=; Yours are beautiful-- I think it looks even better than a blunt hemline, because it sort of emphasizes your waves. :flower:

Avital88
September 19th, 2011, 07:39 AM
they are thinner, but not thin. dont cut it!

Anje
September 19th, 2011, 07:40 AM
They're tapered, but not to a bad degree. Just about everyone has some taper, and how much varies from person to person and it also seems to vary based on how long you've maintained a given length. To some extent, taper can be grown out.

Personally, with hair with as much wave as yours (ditto for curls), I think a bit of taper at the ends is nice. It emphasizes the texture in a hugely flattering way.

Oksana
September 19th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I would be happy with your ends when i get to that length :)

ArienEllariel
September 19th, 2011, 07:54 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies%204/flowers-horse.jpg

Looks great to me!

I'm stealing your horsey picture for my desktop background. ^^

UP Lisa
September 19th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I wish mine were that thin!

QueenJoey
September 19th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Waaay better than mine, that's all I'm gonna say. :)

Susana
September 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I dont think they look thin to be honest :S

ericthegreat
September 19th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I agree with everyone else here. Your ends are tapering, but that is completely natural once you reach lengths as long as yours right now. If they really bother you that much and you want a thicker hemline, you can cut back one or two inches. Honestly I would leave it alone if I were you, on wavy hair I like the look of natural fairytale ends, it looks so elven!

MaryRose
September 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Your hair is lovely and you don't need to change it at all. I have the same hair type as you and I can't wait until my hair is as long as yours. Honestly, your hair is gorgeous.

Yame
September 19th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Nope, not thin!

Syrena
September 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I agree with others. Your ends beginn to taper slightly. I think that you could let grow copule more months without trims and it would not be a problem!

Biedronka
September 19th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I wish my ends looked like yours!you have beautiful hair

Little_Bird
September 19th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Don't fret on the ends because they are thin, especially if you are enjoying your lenght :flower: They are tapered BUT they look very beautifull :) I wouldn't do anything to them right now ^^

Your hair looks very pretty :)

ladylovecraft
September 19th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Your ends definitely don't look thin. Tapered, maybe a little, but all you'd have to do to solve that problem would be to maintain at a given length for a time and they'd thicken up. I think that happens when all people stretch trims for a while though :3

Becky Safari
September 19th, 2011, 01:59 PM
My ends looked like yours and although everyone I knew also said that they weren't thin at all, I cut about 4 inches off just because it was always on my mind. I'm glad I did it, if they bother you then you could always microtrim!

Kyla
September 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
You have lovely hair!

They don't look thin to me, just naturally tapered. I think it's rather pretty.

SoulOfTheSea
September 19th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Thank you all so very much for the kind words and help! I was so very tempted to cut off 1 or 2 inches, but now that I've heard it looks fine, I will keep growing to hip and then maintain it there! Then my ends will get thicker. :) This is why I love LHC, kind words and friendship is always in abundance, and you guys always help someone realize their hair is beautiful, when the person doesn't. I can't thank you all enough for the encouragement to keep the ends (which I didn't think look good at all!), it means so much. :flower:

SoulOfTheSea
September 19th, 2011, 09:12 PM
And coming home to all of these kind words have helped a really long, terrible, and busy day, one of the worst I've ever had. <3

Demetrue
September 19th, 2011, 09:38 PM
The ends don't look thin at all, just curling into natural ringlets, which make curly hair look separated at the ends. I bet if you combed them out they would pouf and fill in any spaces!