PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use this?

longhairedlady
September 18th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I just bought a filtered showerhead tonight and I was hoping that yall have something to tell me about it or maybe you have one? :) It says it filters chlorine and other stuff. Here is the link of the one I just got at lowes. I am hoping the no chlorine will be a good change for my hair :)

http://www.lowes.com/pd_169727-51915-HM5-CM-R_0__?storeId=10151&Ntt=puremist&UserSearch=%22pure+mist%22&productId=1217989&N=0&catalogId=10051&langId=-1

mora
September 18th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I don't have this exactly but I did recently start using an inline filter from the same company to replace my previous of another brand. The results aren't very dramatic to me but after a few uses, my skin seems a little less dry (not sure about the hair though).

longhairedlady
September 19th, 2011, 02:53 AM
I am really hoping for maybe a little less dryness with my hair. :) I would be thrilled with that!

theodora
September 19th, 2011, 03:25 AM
I just purchased a shower filter as well! I've only used the shower with it once so far so I can't really say how well it works. I bought it because our water is really hard which is a pain.

Sophie.Bold
September 19th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Water softeners or filters are great! Especially if you have river water it can make a huge diference.
I live in Dubai where we have desalinated water and even with filters water doesnt change that much... :(

honeyblonde
September 19th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Yes! I love my shower filter! My hair feels much softer since I have been using it! :cheese:

KwaveT
September 19th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I use a chlorine shower filter because we have hard water. I notice more difference with my skin than my hair. My hair is always so oily that any minor difference with chlorine is unnoticable.

Anje
September 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I'm trying to get my husband to use one. Since he relocated to a different city (job, long story...), he's been complaining of dry skin and I think the chlorine in the water is to blame. Where I live uses chloraminated water and a softener, his new town uses chlorinated water and he doesn't have it softened yet.

danacc
September 19th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I'm puzzled by the comments about hard water. This shower filter doesn't soften water; it removes:

75% of Free Chlorine
Combined Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite)
Hydrogen Sulfide (odors)

Less chlorine sounds beneficial! But the water will be as hard (or as soft) as without this type of filter.