PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Jamila 2010 dye release?

swearnsue
September 18th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone. I've been searching the posts so long my eyes are blurry. I'm looking for info on dye release time for the Jamila 2010 crop of henna. This is the one on sale at Henna Sooq in the foil bags. I want to mix it up tonight to apply in the morning but I've found conflicting dye release times from 1 hr to 14+ hours. Any advice would be appreciated!

Henna Sooq
September 19th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Have you found anyone with advice on the dye release as yet?

When I used it, I left it out for 10-12 hours for dye release. But some do use it quicker. But the new 2011 takes only about 3-4 hours. If you do start using it earlier, for the 2010, and let's say let it sit for 3-4 hours, and then use, it'l still be achieving dye release on your hair as well, and it will still be good :)

swearnsue
September 19th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Thank you Henna Sooq for the info. It's taking me a while to get used to how natural products have such a wide range for preparation and timing etc. I mixed your henna last night and it was so creamy! It looked like chocolate pudding, but I guess you've heard all this before. It's been 12 hours and a test on my palm says that dye release has occured! So I'm off to treat my hair and splatter the bathroom a bit. Thank you again for your help! Have a great week!

Henna Sooq
September 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah :) Welcome.

It does take more time then chemical treatments but it's all so worth it. I hope you enjoy it. Keep us all posted

kaned_ferret
September 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I originally left my 2010 crop for 12 hours, but found I had the same success with a 4 hour sitting time - just look out for the dye release!

owlathena
September 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Interesting! I ordered some jamila 2010 a couple days ago. I usually leave it (I've only ever used celebration from mehandi before) out overnight, but I might try a shorter release time this go around and see if I still get good results. I'm so impatient!

swearnsue
September 20th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I left it out to dye release 12 hours but I think I should have waited longer. The orange on my hands and nails faded in one day (I don't use gloves). I used room temperature distilled water and just about 1Tbs lemon juice to 500 ml of henna. The house was 78 degrees.