PDA

View Full Version : Missing the length after a big trim.

Xan
September 18th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I was at 46" but the ends were uneven and had many split ends. I trimed 5" over two months ago and I am back to 42.5" but I miss the length :( . oh well it is healthier though, hoping to grow it back soon. Has anyone else done a big trim that they wish they didn't?

Madora
September 18th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I had to cut from 47 inches to shoulder length because of pains in my shoulder. I really missed my long hair and short hair is a bore. Luckily, the pains finally went away and I was able to grow my hair longer.

Congratulations on your trim. To me, hair that is trimmed looks fuller and healthier as opposed to piecy ends.

Xan
September 18th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks Madora your hair looks lovely keep growing.

MissAlyssa
September 18th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Yeah in may I cut about 4 inches from about mid back to APL. This was before I found LHC, so I assumed to only thing to do abut my rough dry ends was cut =/ I miss the length sooo much! And I feel like it's going to take forever to get it back... but I know how to take care of my hair now, so now I just have to work on my patience... ;P

sun-kissed
September 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I have to cut my hair, it's just past BSL and it's horribly uneven on the hem. I mean horribly. I had a very stressful year last year, and had no time to take care of my hair. I tore through it in the car on the way to school every morning with a plastic brush, and obsessed over keeping it combed all day with my plastic wide-tooth combs.

My right side is shorter than my left, and the middle is shorter than both sides. I'll need to take off about 3 inches just to get my longer side the same length as the short one, and trim a lot for the next year or so to try to get rid of these splits. And my hair hasn't grown more than 3" in the last year from all of my breakage.
It is making me very sad, I really don't want to lose all that length. :(

Foxy_Booker
September 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I'm sure your hair looks and feels AMAZING! Losing length is always difficult. I cut off only an inch the other day and it bothered me, but the added thickness and the happy ends were so worth it for me.

The way I think about it to help me cope with losing length (I know an inch isnt a big deal) but I think about where my goal length is and now I will have even more time to pamper my hair and do all the other hair care stuff before it gets there.

For me, its about the journey, not the destination. So extending the journey to my dream hair is all part of the fun.