PDA

View Full Version : Can hair become too heavy? and question about sun damage

Tuna
September 18th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Can hair become too heavy, which leads to hair falling out and becoming bald? Im getting really paranoid right now.
I got my scalp sun burned several times this summer. Like really badly, i couldn't even brush my hair. I wear hat now... but blah. Can this be the reason that my hair feels so heavy and my scalp hurts when i brush my hair.
Help!? :(:(:(

Of the Fae
September 18th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I don't think you should be worried :) I have heard of people with neck and head aches because of too long and heavy hair, but never actual baldness. Since many people on this forum have your hairlength and way past that, I think it should be absolutely fine :)
Do you have pain in your neck at all/bothered by the weight?

Madora
September 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Can hair become too heavy, which leads to hair falling out and becoming bald? Im getting really paranoid right now.
I got my scalp sun burned several times this summer. Like really badly, i couldn't even brush my hair. I wear hat now... but blah. Can this be the reason that my hair feels so heavy and my scalp hurts when i brush my hair.
Help!? :(:(:(

Sounds to me that your scalp is still recovering from the sunburns you received (several times!) this summer. Not good at all for your delicate scalp!

I'd cut back on the brushing for the time being and see if your scalp can tolerate general hair massage.

Other members here can probably suggest if you need to use a gentler shampoo on your scalp while your scalp is still recovering.

As for the heavy hair feeling, if your scalp can tolerate it, wear your hair up and section it so that the weight is distributed comfortably on your head.

Please, if you want your hair healthy and vibrant, protect your scalp in the summer by wearing either a WHITE straw hat or thin white cotton bandana. In winter, wear a wool scarf or hat.