PDA

View Full Version : Eczemia and hair washing methods?

Baby
September 18th, 2011, 06:35 AM
When I first started experimenting I used 100% pure shampoo and conditioner, lovely coconut toffie smell but I probably was allergic to something in it because I ended up with eczemia all over my scalp and face, this was also in the winter and here in Sweden we have long cold drying winters so I basically didnīt have to wash my hair at all since it was all dry.
In the spring I tried rhassoul clay washes, it worked fine and was really clarifying but my hair became wery static or elektric, I dont really know what it is called in English.
I used only conditioner for a while when I started to react to that to, my scalp went all itchy so I tried baking soda and AVC, I didnīt like the smell of AVC so I changed to cirtic acid.
Baking soda works for me if I use a fine tothed comb and comb out the greese while washing, but it is rather time and water consuming. Now I am trying reetha/soapnuts and I hope I wonīt react to this to.
I have straight fine hair so if I use wo-method it will look greasy and I donīt want that, and I donīt want to use shampoo or conditioner because of all the chemicals.
I tried egg-washes to but I find it drying and I kind of smell like wet dog afterwards.

Please help me find a rutine I can live with.

I hate my hair right now and now that winter is coming I dont want all these eczemia again. Either it is too dry and all static or it is greasy, I want to be able to have it let out, right now the only way i cope with it is to have it in a bun.
I have been thinking about castor oil and coconutoil for the scalp but how do I get it out of my hair if i donīt use shampoo?

florenonite
September 18th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I have eczema on my scalp, too, though fortunately mine's quite mild. The best solution I've found is to use a transparent shampoo with sulphates and nothing else on my scalp. Don't put it up when it's wet as it takes too long to dry, and the moist environment harbours the eczema. I wash it every 2-3 days; that is, when it's getting greasy but not before.