PDA

View Full Version : Hair-safe Party Hairstyes?

Eternal.Fiend
September 18th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Ok, so my sixth form is having a Freshers party on the 29th, really looking forward to it, just have no idea on how to do my hair.

If I didn't care about the hair, I'd wash it them blow dry it with the Tresemme 24 hour body blow dry lotion (amazing stuff), with a diffuser, backcomb it and then either have it down with lots of hairspray in the roots for a straight/voluminous/messy look, or backcomb the ends more and throw it in a messy top knot, with loads more hairspray.

I will have to wash my hair and blowdry it, because thursday is wash day, and even if I did it the night before, I would have been at college all day and my hair would be a mess :P But any ideas on things I could do to my hair to make it look similar, but be a bit nicer on my hair? And how to protect my hair from the blowdryer? I do use heat protectant, and I've heard that silicones help protect the hair from heat... is that true? Because I do have coney products if so. And although I know it'll mess up my washing schedule, I was planning on washing my hair on Friday to get the hairspray out, then a deep conditioning treatment as i won't be going anywhere :P

Mutinous
September 18th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I'm not really sure if you can replicate back combing without actually doing it! I would avoid using loads of hairspray, as it can be pretty damaging, there are pictures on the forum somewhere which shows what it does. If you are going to put it up into a top knot, or an updo of some description there are loads of ideas on the site, or if you searched party hairstyles on youtube I'm sure something good will come up.

You could always try getting some volume by blowdrying you hair upside down, I've done that a couple of times before.