PDA

View Full Version : Head and Shoulders question

UglyTresses
September 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Does it work as a clarifying shampoo?

atlantaz3
September 17th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Not for me it gunked up my hair and I rewashed with my shampoo mixed with a smidgen of baking soda

x0h_bother
September 17th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Same, not for me. It was a baddd idea. The only way that 'worked' is when I used it alone, on the scalp, no conditioner. I did this for years until I did heat damage. I now use Paul Mithchell clarifying on the length, once a week.

Mairéad
September 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
If it has -cones in it, then no. And, it looks like a cone-y shampoo but I can't be sure of that. VO5 and Sauve make clarifying shampoos and they're super cheap. They'll get the job done.

MandyBeth
September 17th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Neutrogena has a strong clarifing shampoo, my favorite for my hair, runs about 5. VO5 has one that is good, that is 1 or so. Herbal Essence has one that is hit or miss.

longhairedlady
September 17th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Im not sure but if it is clarifying but it dries my hair out like crazy!

CurlyCap
September 18th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I use it as a clarifying shampoo.

I have 3b/c hair, and the traditional clarifying shampoos are too harsh for me. It takes me a whole week to recover from my hair being stripped that severely!

I shampoo once a week with Head and Shoulders 2n1, and it does just fine. I then condition with half oil half conditioner.

This routine is what I keep coming back too because I use a lot of leave-ins to control my curls. It is drying for me, almost "squeakifying", but as long as I'm sure to give it a good condition, I'm fine.

Hope that helps.