PDA

View Full Version : Bent Hair

Jcv-Shelley
September 17th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Lately, someone I know of well cut her hair short because she was busy in life. Their is nothing wrong with that and I support her choice. Except my friend doesn't; she immediately regrets it and ties her hair back in a pony-stub with a scrunchie everyday. Since she does so their has been a "bent" in her hair ever since. She realizes this and tries to wear it down, but then she's reminded of how short her hair is! Do any you have any quick and easy updos that wont make that wierd dent on short hair? Many thanks. :)

Lollipop
September 17th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend :(. Could you share her hair length/cut? That might help with suggestions. I can't think if a hairstyle that doesn't affect hair shape in some way.

Jcv-Shelley
September 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend :(. Could you share her hair length/cut? That might help with suggestions. I can't think if a hairstyle that doesn't affect hair shape in some way.

Thanks for your concern :blossom: . It's been a while now and she has already adjusted to it. Im pretty sure she'd be a bit happier if she found a solution though. Her cut is all one length and is barely bast her shoulders; she has very thick hair and medium texture. It tends to be dry sometimes. Yes, I'm also stumped in finding updo that won't completely keep her hair straight; but the way it is now is too noticeable for her. I think it's because her hair is short now that their is more pressure when she ponytails it.

SarahKayfa
September 17th, 2011, 08:10 PM
How much hair does she have? I mean, depending on the length of her neck at shoulder-length she may be able to do small buns, sock buns, french & english braids, pigtails, high or low pony tails, french twists...Or she may be limited to short pony tails.

julliams
September 17th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Not much you can do about that dent. I still have one in my hair and it's almost hip length now. It's probably the start of her "S" shape wave. If she has wavy hair, as her hair grows, more will form and they will be beautiful waves.

Styles I liked when my hair was her length was the peacock - looks great at this length and taking two pieces from the side, twisting them and meeting at the back (like a half up).
Here is a link to the peacock twist http://frannyslonghair.blogspot.com/2010/04/this-is-quick-and-easy-hairstyle-for.html

And the half up twist http://thewrighthair.blogspot.com/2010/03/sides-pulled-back-with-twist.html

Have your friend try scrunching her hair when wet to see if she can encourage any wave. Headbands do wonders and hats are always fun when you want to disguise dents in your hair from ponytails. Hope this helps.

Yozhik
September 17th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I second the suggestion of peacock twists or sock buns if she has enough hair!

She could also wear her hair partially back in a half-up or pulled back in a headband.

Hope that helps! :flower: