PDA

View Full Version : Demi-permanent?

Barniie
September 17th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hey everyone!
So two days ago me and my friend dyed our hair demi-permanently. She did dark brown and i did light brown (my hair is golden blonde). They turned out a smidgen darker than expected, but other than that they went very smoothly - no hair falling out, no burning or reaction etc.

BUT
Yesterday i was going to wash my hair but then remembered that on the dye packet, it said to wait 48 hours. I was like "ok fine, i'll braid it."
So i went to french braid it, and its all getting up in tangles! The hair feels super rough and snaggy. So i said stuff it, and washed it gently, then used a deep conditioner which was meant to be protein with some moisture.

Then i did a conditioner soak and very light vinegar rinse and came out of the shower. My hair felt like gum! It was stretchy and snaggy and gross, so last night I put on an olive oil, mayo, and egg protein soak and have just washed it out this morning. ( Using L'occitane Huile d'olive Shampoo and Conditioner - smells divine!)

My hair is feeling somewhat better , but i'm used to having really soft hair. I expect the colour has faded somewhat, but right now i'm focusing on making my hair supple and smooth again. Any tips? Im going to be doing a lot of oil soaks in the next week, me thinks.

Help appreciated! x

PS: I also trimmed a good half inch last night - the splits were horrendous! White dots EVERYWHERE. Well now they're gone :)

Lostsoule77
September 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I used what I thought was semi-permanent dye for years on my hair (only once a year or two years). I learned on here that it was a demi-permanent color. I last dyed my hair black in November of 2009, that dye is still in my hair! I just did a quick google search and came across this article. http://www.livestrong.com/article/69199-demi-permanent-vs.-semi-permanent/

There are many here that can help you best repair any damage that may have been done. Ultrabella in particular comes to mind, but there are other hair dressers on here as well. Plus an amazing amount of lovely people that just have tons of knowledge. I am unfortunatley not one of them. Good luck. :)

UltraBella
September 17th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I would quit doing so much to your hair and let it settle down. Any time you color your hair with something other than deposit-only dye, your hair is going to feel a bit strange. Give it a chance to return to normal and hopefully it will be fine.

Jcv-Shelley
September 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I'm sure your hair will return to normal as long as you are careful. But I do suggest lots of moisture treatments with some protein now and then. Have you ever heard of henna/honey lightening? Some around here like to dye their hair with this and find it to be much gentler.

ravenreed
September 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Are you sure your friend used the right developer? I use demi-permanent all the time and my hair doesn't feel any worse after.

Barniie
September 17th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks everyone! Yeah we used all the stuff given to us in the box. I think i'm going going to wash every few days and used a leave in all the time, other than than just wait for it to fade out and hopefully my hair will be fine :) Its feels alright now though. :D