PDA

View Full Version : Cones question

Hamh
September 16th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Sorry if this is obvious to some!

I alternate between cones and non and have recently to my delight discovered Nightbloomings Panacea which I love. My query is this - if I use a really coney conditioner like Redken All Soft or Pantene am I wasting my time putting panacea on top? Will the cones block out any benefit and cause this to just sit on top and not actually penetrate the hair as intended?

Any views appreciated! Do you do something similar with good results?

luxepiggy
September 16th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I don't think you'll have any issues using both. I use lots of 'cone intensive products (including Pantene!) and have successfully integrated coconut oil into my routine with good results.

It's a common misconception that 'cones create an impenetrable barrier, which is absolutely false. In fact, while they do deposit on the hair surface, they form non-occlusive films that are water-vapor permeable (^(oo)^)v

Copasetic
September 16th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I use coconut oil and shea butter over cones all the time. It works very well for me!

Hamh
September 17th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the input guys, away I go to slather on panacea!! :D

celebriangel
September 17th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I think the reason people have issues with cones is due to buildup they didn't know they had. If you have a cone overload buildup situation, then you might have trouble getting the oils to work, but just keeping on top of the clarifying whenever your hair starts to feel funky should mean that this works just fine!

I heart my panacea salve too :)

Hamh
September 17th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I think the reason people have issues with cones is due to buildup they didn't know they had. If you have a cone overload buildup situation, then you might have trouble getting the oils to work, but just keeping on top of the clarifying whenever your hair starts to feel funky should mean that this works just fine!

I heart my panacea salve too :)

Thank you - I'm not sure how I survived without the panacea to be honest! A week after getting it I threw out all my other leave ins and shine sprays, I am besotted!