PDA

View Full Version : I got a Deva Curl Trim! Great cut and GREAT Stylist!

Fencai
September 16th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Now that Ive been seriously embracing my wurls and curls, and seeing just how curly my hair is, I realized that on me, I just wasnt enjoying it being all one length.
So, I got to researching, and found a salon that is not even a full half mile from my house that has an AMAZING stylist named Jen who is Deva Curl certified!
She's a super curly herself, and is the nicest lady!!
So I went and we talked for a few mins before she did anything (and I even went with three day old hair that had been brushed out and was braided). She asked me what I was looking for, and what products I was currently using.
She even said "well, I don't think we need to touch the overall length. Let's just clean up your layers!"
and that's exactly what she did!

She used the same deva products on me for my cut that I use at home. :) (I start with Set it free, followed by B'Leave In, and then AnGel light hold)

and let me tell you what! She gave me the royal treatment, and a great Deva-Cut (the hair is cut curl by curl, rather than cutting straight across)

She did such an amazing job that one of the girls I work with (and have spent a LOT of time with this week in meetings and problem solving at work) said that my curls were so awesome she had to know what I was doing.

This friend/co-worker is now going to this stylist TONIGHT to get hers done! :) (she's a curly too)

So anyone in the area I can pass the salon/stylist info along to you.

Anyone thinking about it.... its TOTALLY worth searching out someone to give you a Deva-Cut for your curls!:cheese:

ncurls
September 16th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Congrats Fencai! I'm glad that you like your cut! :)

Roscata
September 16th, 2011, 09:45 AM
That's awesome. I'm glad you found a stylist that knows how to handle your hair. :D

Juneii
September 16th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Pictures? Before and After? :D

I'm happy to see another positive salon experience on here!

Wavelength
September 16th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'm glad your experience was so positive! It sounds like you got an excellent stylist. And yes, pics please! :D

dRummie
September 16th, 2011, 11:54 AM
My last cut was from a Deva stylist, too, and I also walked out very happy :)

The deva cut was nice, but I actually think the best part was not having to worry about her doing the typical damaging things to my hair. I hate confrontation, so if I had to keep watching a regular stylist to catch them before they blow dried my hair or something that'd be a ruined afternoon for me.

longcurlygirl<3
September 16th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Now I really want a Devacut :(. How much does it cost to trim it up a bit?

greentealeaf
September 16th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Wow, that sounds great! Looks like you've found a keeper! :)

manderly
September 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Congratulations!!! I completely LOVED my Deva Cut last year! I can't wait to get back up to St. Louis to see my stylist again. BEST HAIRCUT EVER!

ETA: my siggy is post-deva cut :)