PDA

View Full Version : Apple cider vinegar

miss legs
September 16th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Hi just want to know is anybody drinking apple cider vinegar and why?Did you get the results you wanted and how long did it take you to get the results?

amyhenna
September 16th, 2011, 06:37 AM
I've never heard of anyone drinking it. I used to use it to rinse out my natural shampoo, which worked better than not using it at all. (the natural shampoo was very sticky).

Also, I've not washed my hair in six days, so I'm considering using ACV for rinses, but I've not started yet. Maybe today.

pepperminttea
September 16th, 2011, 06:42 AM
It's completely anecdotal, but I've heard drinking a tablespoon of it everyday can be very beneficial generally (if you can put up with the flavour!). My mother did it in her youth, mixed in a glass of orange juice. :) Personally I use it in a very dilute rinse at the end of every wash, to stop the hard water residue building up.

julierockhead
September 16th, 2011, 06:51 AM
ACV is supposed to be beneficial for weight loss and for trace elements. In SMALL amounts, like a shot in O.J. Messing with your body's pH is a very dangerous game that can result in death.

PrincessBob
September 16th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I drink it a couple of table spoons in six ounces of water, when I have sinus problems or a cold. It breaks up the mucus, allowing me to breathe and reduces sore throat for me. I spend a lot of time sick and having sinus problems in winter, so I rely on ACV more than normal cold medicine.

girlthursday
September 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I drink a shot whenever I have a bad headache or am feeling fatigued or like I need a restart button for my day. I only drink the Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother) (http://bragg.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=8&zenid=sp966r2val68rthqpt4733jb80). It's like eating most other fermented food. It may take awhile to get used to the flavor but it aids digestion and helps balance your system (in my opinion).

Here's what WebMD has to say about the probable benefits and risks (http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar?page=2).

I love the bite of drinking a teaspoon or so by itself. (When I say a shot of vinegar, I only mean 1-2 teaspoons.) It really wakes me up. But when I have a headache or just don't want so much bite, I mix about two teaspoons with 2 oz of water. This is closer to the size of shot you would get in a bar (of liquor). You can also add a tiny bit of honey or maple syrup to help it go down a bit easier, but I prefer it without.

Anje
September 16th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I'm not in the habit, but when I do have a splash of it in water, it seems to clear up acne a bit for me.

Merkaba
September 16th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I have just starting drinking a tablespoon of Braggs ACV in water before bed- it has been helping my digestion and has had a huge improvement on my skin! I am updating in my blog if you are interested.

Be sure to get ACV with the "mother" in it

KwaveT
September 16th, 2011, 07:57 PM
There is probably too many to name as far as the reasons for drinking ACV. I mix 1/2 cup water with 1/4 cup ACV. I can not imagine trying to drink it without diluting it. I would about gag on it if I did.

swearnsue
September 16th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I also use the Bragg's vinegar, about 1/4 tsp in my 20oz water bottle. I do it because I like the taste but I don't use it every day. I give it to my chickens too because they love the taste. My dogs sometimes like vinegar in their water too but the kitty will have none of it.