PDA

View Full Version : Braid waves at the roots?

Rini
September 16th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Occasionally I like to give my hair a different texture (ie not the usual wurly frizz mess!) and braid my hair damp so that the next day I get nice braid waves. The problem is: I always get straightish roots with this method. I'm only french or dutch braiding now, so should I try another way? ie maybe do multiple braids? What would be the best configuration to get the waves starting as close to my head as possible?
(the waves I get after crown braiding also give me the straight roots problem)

jojo
September 16th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Have you tried mini french or dutch braids? this I would think would give you rooty braid waves!

caiti42
September 16th, 2011, 02:50 AM
2 French braids starting right at the hair line.

Rini
September 16th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Have you tried mini french or dutch braids? this I would think would give you rooty braid waves!

"rooty braid waves" :lol: I like it :)

I will try some smaller french braids tonight for the first experiment. 2 for the first try as per caiti42's rec.

Will report back...

Catlover
September 16th, 2011, 04:04 AM
I have been wondering the same thing!!

missdelarocha
September 16th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Do report back!

That was a good suggestion to put them closer to the part, it's a good way to get away with doing less but making it look like it's all wavey rooty ;).

Madora
September 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Be careful when combing or brushing out those minis. I did that once upon a time and had hair out to here. The mini braids have a lot of "poof" and seemed to make my hair very full (I had a total of 12 minis..on shoulder length hair).

ssjhotau2
September 16th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Nothing to contribute- just watching for suggestions as well since I would also like to get braid waves starting at the roots :)

lapushka
September 16th, 2011, 10:21 AM
2 French braids starting right at the hair line.

That's what I thought. I hope it turns out okay this way. Might try this method if it does. :)

Anje
September 16th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Two french/dutch/belgian braids seems to do the trick for me. Gets enough waves close to the roots to do the trick, and they're not as tiny waves as I would get if I were to do more braids.

swearnsue
September 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I just love your silver and gold hair, it's so pretty!