PDA

View Full Version : A deep condition and CO-ing

Clem_Dela
September 15th, 2011, 08:05 PM
hello everyone!

So, I'm about to deep condition (honey, evoo, butter, coconut oil, egg, lemon juice, VO5 moisturizing condish) and I'm considering washing it out with conditioner!

I currently have:
VO5's moisturizing conditioner
VO5's clarifying conditioner
and something coney from Dove.

shampoo-wise, i have some Dr. Bronners unscented and VO5's clarifier.

So how do you wash with conditioner? I need to wash out my deep conditioner thoroughly, I don't want to be sticky, and I don't like an oily scalp.

Mairéad
September 15th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Huh, wonder how the protein and the lemon juice tossed in there will affect the deep conditioning effects of that treatment.

There's a CO thread here with plenty of information here. But, I'll give a quick run-down.

Load up hair and scalp with conditioner and massage with pads of fingers for a few minutes.

Let sit on your head for duration of shower (the longer, the better).

Tilt head back in shower for a moment and the surfacants should foam up at this point.

Once again massage the scalp for a few minutes with the pads of your finger.

Rinse like your life depends on it.

Apply a moisturizing conditioner to your ends like you would after a shampooing and rinse.

You could use VO5 clarifying condish as your wash and could probably get away with using either of the two on your ends. Typically I wouldn't recommend a cone-y condish for the wash step, some have done it with success. But, I can see it working fine on the length, if that person's hair likes cones that is.

mallorykay13
September 15th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Also here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898) is the CO washing thread.

luxepiggy
September 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM
For CO washing I recommend using the clarifying conditioner (^(oo)^)v

celebriangel
September 16th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Why did you put lemon juice in your deep treatment?

The treatment, given that it contains conditioner, should rinse out pretty well by itself, so do that before you add any extra conditioner! Then do the CO wash. Really cover your hair in the washing conditioner until slick, particularly the scalp. You need to use like 3 big handfuls on just the scalp. For me, tipping my hair upside down helps me reach the scalp better and make sure it is all well covered.

Clem_Dela
September 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I put the lemon juice in because my hair just looooooves acid, reacts so well to it.

my hair feels awesome! And I just may make the permanent switch to CO-ing.

FrozenBritannia
September 16th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I used to use V05 all the time, I can't find it anymore, which store do you buy it at? (sorry- off topic)

Also thanks for the rundown on the actual process of CO'ing!

Clem_Dela
September 16th, 2011, 10:57 PM
FrozenBritannia, I bought it at Randalls- it's a smaller grocery store without a super wide selection, and it's also biking distance from my home. :D Only a dollar a bottle too! :bounce:

FrozenBritannia
September 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM
:( I don't have access to a Randalls. It must be only in the US?

Clem_Dela
September 16th, 2011, 11:08 PM
yes, I live in the US-i'm sorry you can't find it :(

Suave naturals are cone-free, right? I haven't tried them myself

FrozenBritannia
September 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I have a jug of Prairie Naturals that I am using right now that is cone free (and paraben free and sulfate free and alcohol free ;) ) and a jug of Johnsons Naturals baby shampoo that I will use next which is free of all that too (and more affordable!) and a orgynx spray in condition which also is. I will have to track down a proper conditioner though if I'm to try CO'ing! (I think I will start off alternating with the shampoo washes and go from there, and I mean to try biotin too)