PDA

View Full Version : Kardashian Hair real?

Aimskylove
September 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM
ehhhh not really lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/aimesss/fc066255f352654e_34592PCN_Kardashian09_cut1.jpg

spidermom
September 15th, 2011, 05:37 PM
She bought it. It's hers.

julierockhead
September 15th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Bwaaahahahah like those skanks would bother taking care of themselves properly when they can just throw money at someone and get the appearance of health and beauty. I can't stand reality tv and the little I have seen of these bimbos makes me cringe. shudder:

Ligeia_13
September 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Hahaha I remember an interview from Lauren Conrad where she got asked if her hair was hers.

She said "Well, I bought it, so I consider it mine"

:D

Aimskylove
September 15th, 2011, 05:46 PM
yes they may have "bought" their hair so it is theirs, but many people wonder and believe it is real. Clearly it is not. NOT saying anything is wrong with it for those who do it (just not my thing), but I found it interesting when I came across this photo. lol. I guess it just makes those who took the time and care to grow their hair long even more proud of their natural locks :)

MinderMutsig
September 15th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I'm sure extensions have their upkeep and difficulty too. We choose to put that energy and care into growing our hair long and keeping it healthy, she choses to put that energy and care into caring for her extensions.

But even if it is an easy low-maintenance hairstyle I don't see why that would be a problem. Not everyone is interested in the same things we are and there's nothing wrong with helping nature a bit whether it's by dying it, straightening it, curling it or getting extensions. *shrug*

NotInPortland
September 15th, 2011, 06:07 PM
With all the styling her hair has to go through for photo shoots and....well I don't even know what she does really??? But for people like her there's no way to maintain healthy hair so I'm not at all surprised.

ssjhotau2
September 15th, 2011, 06:38 PM
With all the styling her hair has to go through for photo shoots and....well I don't even know what she does really??? But for people like her there's no way to maintain healthy hair so I'm not at all surprised.

This is what I was thinking- I imagine being famous enough that you have to meet the maximum beauty standards on a daily basis would make it pretty impossible to maintain healthy hair or skin or really a life.

Aimskylove
September 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Umm yes nothing wrong with the extensions, but to say they have no time to grow long hair I find to be untrue. One of my hair inspirations is Nicole Scherzinger and she has long hair and it is real. So to be honest I think with more money you can probably afford to maintain your hair. Maybe they just like to be able to sport a short and long look, yes. But they could grow their hair out if they wanted.

NotInPortland
September 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Umm yes nothing wrong with the extensions, but to say they have no time to grow long hair I find to be untrue. One of my hair inspirations is Nicole Scherzinger and she has long hair and it is real. So to be honest I think with more money you can probably afford to maintain your hair. Maybe they just like to be able to sport a short and long look, yes. But they could grow their hair out if they wanted.

No, my point is their hair is subject to constant heat styling for photo shoots and the like-there's no way that she would be able to grow her hair long without serious damage and breakage from all that styling, therefore if she wants it long she's going to need extensions. Heat=damage and there's no way to avoid that damage. It's not a case of not having the time to grow it long.

GlassWidow
September 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM
This is what I was thinking- I imagine being famous enough that you have to meet the maximum beauty standards on a daily basis would make it pretty impossible to maintain healthy hair or skin or really a life.
Especially now that whatsherface has psoriasis. I carry a tube of hydrocortisone cream with me everywhere just in case, and I'm just an average person, not in front of the cameras all day.

caiti42
September 15th, 2011, 06:47 PM
She bought it. It's hers.

I wish there was a "like" button :)

Aimskylove
September 15th, 2011, 06:48 PM
No, my point is their hair is subject to constant heat styling for photo shoots and the like-there's no way that she would be able to grow her hair long without serious damage and breakage from all that styling, therefore if she wants it long she's going to need extensions. It's not a case of not having the time to grow it long.

Yes true, but Nicole S is famous as well and probably goes through the same stress on her hair yet she keeps it long. Maybe not as healthy as it could be without all of the heat and product but beautiful either way.

wooliswonderful
September 15th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Bwaaahahahah like those skanks would bother taking care of themselves properly when they can just throw money at someone and get the appearance of health and beauty. I can't stand reality tv and the little I have seen of these bimbos makes me cringe. shudder:
:confused:

Peter
September 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
*hasn't been to Mane Forum in a while*
*wanders in to see what's up*

*leaves Mane Forum*

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac304/photobucketaccount2006/ed70fd3a.gif

Aimskylove
September 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I agree Peter!

katienoonan
September 15th, 2011, 07:01 PM
This thread is ridiculious.

It is her hair. She does not claim to be all real and natural. She doesn't know who you are, has probably never heard of LHC and yet a picture is here of here in the salon, being slated and bashed by a bunch of people she has never ment.

Girls. Prioritise. If you feel that having all real and natural hair is something to be fine of, fine. As for letting that turn into a superiority complex... try not to publicise that part. It's an ugly, ugly thing.

x0h_bother
September 15th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Nope. Which gives us an advantage wouldn't you say? :D Their extensions are my hair inspirations,

Aimskylove
September 15th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Really? this thread was NOT meant to offend anyone or start hate. I simply saw the pic online and remember someone asking in another post if anyone knew if their hair was real or fake. So I posted a pic. Not meant for anyone to become sensitive. I dont have anything against extensions and im sure everyone else just has their own opinions. No reason to get upset.

Aimskylove
September 15th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Nope. Which gives us an advantage wouldn't you say? :D Their extensions are my hair inspirations,

I agree! Their hair is gorgeous either way. I have seen it short and they have very shiny pretty hair :)

Regan
September 15th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Skank? Bimbo? lol - we're talking about Kim Kardashian. Her claim to fame is a sex tape and being Paris Hilton's former BFF.

Anyway, I'm not surprised her hair isn't real. I wouldn't have guessed it is.

MinderMutsig
September 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Skank? Bimbo? lol - we're talking about Kim Kardashian. Her claim to fame is a sex tape and being Paris Hilton's former BFF.

Anyway, I'm not surprised her hair isn't real. I wouldn't have guessed it is.
Actually, this picture is of Kourtney. Her sister.

Aimskylove
September 15th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Actually, this picture is of Kourtney. Her sister.

Yes and I Like Kourtney. :)

InTheCity
September 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I can't stand reality tv and the little I have seen of these bimbos makes me cringe. shudder:
A morning news host in Philadelphia apparently mocked the Kardashians live on TV (was it yesterday?) and it went all viral. Ha!

Now if I had even a fraction of their cash - you better believe I'd have extensions!

Regan
September 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Ah - I didn't read any first names in the post so I figured it was Kim. Still not surprised it's extensions, though.

AnnaJamila
September 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM
*hasn't been to Mane Forum in a while*
*wanders in to see what's up*

*leaves Mane Forum*

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac304/photobucketaccount2006/ed70fd3a.gif

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :lol:

Aimskylove
September 15th, 2011, 07:32 PM
So........Ahem....(tries to change subject).....has anyone seen my cheese?
:)

amantha
September 15th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Haha. Why is a thread about the Kardashians even 3 pages long? They're not even worth that much discussion. Although I have always been envious of their hair.

swearnsue
September 15th, 2011, 08:13 PM
When people ask me if the stones in my rings are real, I say yes! (real cubic zirconia baby!)

mallorykay13
September 15th, 2011, 08:18 PM

heyheyhey now. Let's keep it clean. It's your/our decision to grow it, its hers to get extensions. Quit hatin'. :cheese:

heartgoesboom
September 15th, 2011, 11:10 PM
she has thin hair in real life. if i can afford long extensions, i'd probably sport it. i want even thicker hair! :P

Automne
September 16th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Hahaha I remember an interview from Lauren Conrad where she got asked if her hair was hers.

She said "Well, I bought it, so I consider it mine"

:D

Funny! Hehe
I didn't think she wore a weave, i am so naive sometimes. But it looks pretty natural to me.

Hypnotica
September 16th, 2011, 12:44 AM
One of the thing I *detest* in life is the tendency for certain females to put down other females for their lifestyle choices, especially if the female has a vigorous sexual life.

Kyla
September 16th, 2011, 01:02 AM
One of the thing I *detest* in life is the tendency for certain females to put down other females for their lifestyle choices, especially if the female has a vigorous sexual life.

Agreed. Very much so, word for word.

And anyway, there's a good chance it's real human hair-it just didn't come out of her scalp. :D

missoj
September 16th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Ah - I didn't read any first names in the post so I figured it was Kim. Still not surprised it's extensions, though.

All three Kardashians wear extensions. Khloe admitted in an interview to wearing them for thickness, and Kim cut hers not long before her wedding, by her wedding her length was the same as before so that's kinda obvious.

Eolan
September 16th, 2011, 02:56 AM

I agree. This has to be the quote of the day.

swetiepeti
September 16th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Persoanlly, whether someone uses extensions, colors it pink on the ends, blue on one side black on the other or mohawks it, well, it's thier hair to do as they like with it. I'm actually happy to see actresses, reality show, divas, whatever, sporting long hair even if it is fake or real and paid for as it's then more likely for it to be popular and hence easier for me to find toys for styling. Back in the late 70s and 80s longer, bigger hair was more popular and I did not have to hunt near as hard to find cute stuff for it although the internet helps.

Of the Fae
September 16th, 2011, 03:08 AM
It's actually taken from girls from India who sacrifice it in a temple and have it cut off. It is sold to hairdressers, I;ve seen a documentary about it.
These girls have no idea by the way...
How decadent :(

missoj
September 16th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I've seen it too!
There's even a black market for hair extensions where girls (in India) have their hair cut off while they are sleeping or when they go to the cinema.

Of the Fae
September 16th, 2011, 03:32 AM
*shiver* that's terrible, huh :S
I'd cry for days if someone would do that to me!
The documentary was by Chris Rock and he argued that so many black women feel that they should wear weaves because their natural hair was not accepted by society. It was interesting, how much money people pay to get extentions!
(I for one by the way really love African hair)

Woosh
September 16th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I see no problem with extensions, but don't they get damaged just as badly as normal hair?

Do they just replace them with new ones at that point?

fluffybunny
September 16th, 2011, 04:07 AM
My goodness. Look at those braid track-thingies. I don't understand how the hair on top of the head is able to successfully hide all that stuff. Isn't the top of the head the thinnest hair in general?

Perhaps you have to spray the top part so it doesn't move around?

missdelarocha
September 16th, 2011, 04:30 AM
No surprisingly you can put it pretty far up there.. The white though, is that white thread? Don't think that's the most hidden.

You could experiment by seeing how close you can put a clip to your hairline before noticing it :].

missdelarocha
September 16th, 2011, 04:32 AM
And yes they replace them once they've ruined them, the hair can't get any natural oils or grow out new healthy hair so it doesn't last too long. Maybe a year at MAX.

Hypnotica
September 16th, 2011, 04:35 AM
My goodness. Look at those braid track-thingies. I don't understand how the hair on top of the head is able to successfully hide all that stuff. Isn't the top of the head the thinnest hair in general?

Perhaps you have to spray the top part so it doesn't move around?

I have actually had extensions, albeit fake brightly colored ones and you need to redo them about every three months because of your natural growth. But it was never a problem to hide the little braids :)

mrs_coffee
September 16th, 2011, 04:52 AM
I like Kourtney. I think she and Scott are the most entertaining members of the family. And I agree, slut shaming is so archaic and anti-woman. Can we not?