PDA

View Full Version : Another happy hair cut story.

Mairéad
September 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Hey, Y’all! I decided it was time for another good haircut story. I went in for my first trim since having a pixie done 5 months ago. It's down to my chin now. (Is that fast?)

My ends were starting to catch and dry out for the first time since cutting, so I knew it was time for a clean-up. I now have an almost bob sort of thing. I just trimmed up everything half an inch and had my pixie mullet removed. While I know removing the mullet compromised a bit of length, I think it will be easier to grow out in the long run and looks a heck of a lot better.

My only complaint would have been that she was a little rough with the comb but I just asked her to comb a little slower and she was fine with that. No blow drier was forced to my head (I've personally never had this happen) and she went with me step by step on my list of requests, checking with me as she proceeded through the trim.

Here's some photos!

Day I got my original haircut in April.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af276/Random_Goldfish/110215-151349.jpg

September before trim:

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af276/Random_Goldfish/110905-172948.jpg

Today, after trim. Half inch off and mullet removed.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af276/Random_Goldfish/IMG_7818.jpg

Aerin
September 15th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Wow your hair grows fast! It's looking very healthy too!

pixiedust
September 15th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I'd say it's growing pretty quick! You're probably spot on with trimming every 5 months.

I've been trimming bits here and there something like monthly or bimonthly since my pixie, but it was so extremely damaged that I felt it was necessary to remove ALL damaged, previously lightened hair eventually (I wasn't keen on shaving my head but It had all been sooo destroyed.) It's been about 9 1/2 months since the original haircut, and my length is almost shoulder (where as my all-one-length hair is just past ear)

In comparison, Yours seems to be growing out nicely (:

Inkwell
September 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I did a pixie a month ago! I had so much damage from dye, I thought it was best to remove the bad parts. I'm really enjoying this journey or hair growth now though.

I'd say your hair is growing pretty fast. How did you get through that first awkward stage where the pixie is growing out over your ears?

Mairéad
September 15th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I did a pixie a month ago! I had so much damage from dye, I thought it was best to remove the bad parts. I'm really enjoying this journey or hair growth now though.

I'd say your hair is growing pretty fast. How did you get through that first awkward stage where the pixie is growing out over your ears?

Head bands!

spidermom
September 15th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Nice! It's amazing how much a little trim can improve the look of growing-out hair. It doesn't look like you lost much length.

Coffeebug
September 15th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Oh wow that does look lovely - she's done a great job!

Kapri
September 15th, 2011, 11:48 AM
and you are very pretty too. You carried off the pixie cut really well. Looking forward to further progress pics!

kanaka
September 15th, 2011, 11:54 AM
pretty hair :)

WinterButterfly
September 15th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Its always good to hear agood trim story! And I like the cut. It looks nice.

wooliswonderful
September 15th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Pretty hair and nice growth! :)

dementedkitten
September 15th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Happy to hear! Your hair is lovely and shiny :)

Mairéad
September 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I had past shoulder length hair originally but I cut it all to pixie to get rid of way, way, way too dark henna I had. I tried for months to just let it grow out but the burgundy against medium blonde hair was killing me. I have henna/cassia in now that I plan to do roots and gloss only from now. Unfortunately the lighting in my dorm makes it hard to see that I actually have strawberry blonde hair. I attribute my more even grow out to having a nearly virgin pixie and frequent scalp massage.

I'd say it's growing pretty quick! You're probably spot on with trimming every 5 months.

I've been trimming bits here and there something like monthly or bimonthly since my pixie, but it was so extremely damaged that I felt it was necessary to remove ALL damaged, previously lightened hair eventually (I wasn't keen on shaving my head but It had all been sooo destroyed.) It's been about 9 1/2 months since the original haircut, and my length is almost shoulder (where as my all-one-length hair is just past ear)

In comparison, Yours seems to be growing out nicely (:

It really is amazing. It feels like a lot of hair is missing now that hair at the neck was brought up to the rest, but the main length was barely tampered with and really just dusted.

Nice! It's amazing how much a little trim can improve the look of growing-out hair. It doesn't look like you lost much length.

Thank you, I do think I looked quite Elvin with the pixie and I did like it, but I think I'm more like myself with long hair. :)

and you are very pretty too. You carried off the pixie cut really well. Looking forward to further progress pics!

irishlady
September 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Hooray! Your hair looks lovely :)

jojo
September 15th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I think you grow very fast and your hair looks very healthy and well looked after.

Mairéad
September 15th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I think you grow very fast and your hair looks very healthy and well looked after.

Thank you. My hair likes good old fashioned minimal intervention. CO once or twice a week, some oil on the ends, and an occasional treatment. Once I can put it up the benign neglect will only intensify, mwhaha.

archel
September 15th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Great cut and man do you grow fast!

Mairéad
September 15th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Great cut and man do you grow fast!

Thank you. And, my goodness! That updo and accessory in your avatar is super gorgeous!

archel
September 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks! It's just a sock bun over a beat up old sock and a cheapie flower thingie from Claire's boutique, but it has a cool effect, huh? I love this board for getting fun ideas!

Yozhik
September 15th, 2011, 09:55 PM
You've made wonderful progress and your hair looks great!

You're also really pretty and I like how you wore the pixie. :flower:

caiti42
September 15th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Very nice :)