PDA

View Full Version : Wedding hair

Lostsoule77
September 14th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Sorry this has taken so long. I've been tired and busy and then had a little slow photoshop thrown into the mix. The morning of my wedding I went to a local spanish salon with the pictures of the style I had done myself. Unfortunately with the language barrier and all it just didn't come out right. So I came home and did it myself. :) I was rushing around that day so I didn't get a chance to take pics of the style until the end of the night so looking at these keep in mind that it was on my head for 13 hours of rushing around and dancing like crazy. :joy:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3398.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3402.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3400.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3405.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3406.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3403.jpg

I know these aren't the best pics. I hope you like them anyway. :)

xoerincolleen
September 14th, 2011, 09:35 PM
It looks beautiful! I love the sparkly accents and the flower. Very nicely done! Congrats! :)

heartgoesboom
September 14th, 2011, 09:37 PM
that's so pretty!!!

lacefrost
September 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Wow you are beautiful! This is so much better than all the other hairstyles you tried out for your day. It looks so elegant.

Lostsoule77
September 14th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Thank you! :) My DH actually picked the flower! He said it looked kinda like an orchid which is what most of our flowers were.

Quixii
September 14th, 2011, 10:50 PM
So pretty! I love how it turned out. :)

dragonette@1
September 14th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Simple, classic, elegant, lovely! You did a great job on your hair. Congratulations, and I wish you many happy years together!

Masara
September 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Lovely! It looks so much better than any of the salon tests you showed us. Much more elegant and the pins and flower just set it off beautifully. I hope you had a great day!

ericthegreat
September 14th, 2011, 11:02 PM
"If you want something done right, do it yourself."

That ancient quote is so true. I'm sorry you went thro all the trouble of trying to find a good hairstylist to give you the wedding worthy hair you wanted, when in the end you ended up having to do it all yourself anyway. Nonetheless, you did a great job, you made a lovely bride.

Lisa R
September 14th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Gorgeous! I love everything you did with your hair and your wedding dress looks so beautiful:)

CariadA
September 14th, 2011, 11:56 PM
That style is absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations on getting married. You are a beautiful bride.

archel
September 15th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Oh my gosh - what a great turnout, I was so hoping for you to have the perfect wedding hair and you DID! I love the flower, how beautiful! And your dress is gorgeous. And CONGRATULATIONS!

dementedkitten
September 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Stunning dress .. your hair looks beautiful!

Chetanlaiho
September 15th, 2011, 11:04 AM
It looks amazing! Simple yet beautiful =)

NotInPortland
September 15th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I remember seeing your other thread with the salon curls, I absolutely love what you ended up with it's beautiful and I especially love the flower in the bun, congratulations! :)

MissAlida
September 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Woooow:DYou made a great choice. It looks very polished and very romantic. I am glad you didn't settle for the curls, this is so much more flattering. I love it, and congratulations on your wedding:D.

embee
September 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM
:D That is a very elegant hairstyle, and it looks lovely even after the whole exciting day!

It looks great with that gorgeous dress, does not detract at all. The hair flower and the little sparklies and the soft waves near your face - beautiful!

Pity you spent so much time and money trying to get someone else to make a wedding updo, and how *nice* to know you had the skill yourself. ;)

BlazingHeart
September 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM
That style really does complement your dress!

~Blaze

az_sweetie01
September 15th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Aw, just beautiful (you and the hair)!

oktobergoud
September 15th, 2011, 12:57 PM
It looks very pretty! :)

Libbylou
September 15th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I did the same thing on my wedding day! Went to hair salon and didn't like my hair and came home and did it myself. Did you tell the hair stylist it was not the look you were after?
Your hair looks very pretty after you did it yourself.

Cassie 123
September 15th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Elegant and pretty, romantic and modern. Very nice! :)

LittleOrca
September 15th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Cute hair! I have that same little flower clip. :D I tore off the part that allowed it to be a pin as well and it was much easier to keep in my hair without the needle being accidentally exposed and poking me.

Lostsoule77
September 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Thank you all so much!

I did tell the hair stylist that day, but she just wasn't understanding me so I gave up and just told her I liked what she did so she'd stop! :)

LittleOrca luckily mine didn't come with a pin, only a hairclip. :)

It was a shame that I spent so much time and money trying to get the perfect style. I do think that if I hadn't done that though I wouldn't have done the style I did. It was because of those hairstyles that I posted on here. And because of your wonderful responses that I got such a beautiful style. :)

Again thank you all so much for your assistance and the compliments! I had a wonderful day and having my hair be just right made it that much more special. :)

Yozhik
September 15th, 2011, 08:04 PM
What a beautiful updo. :flowers:

I hope your wedding was wonderful. Congratulations!

Cirafly24
September 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Congratulations!! :flower: You're hair looked lovely :)

SarahKayfa
September 15th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I was wondering how it all turned out! You looked beautiful (and after 13 hours!). You must be so proud of your skill.

PrincessBob
September 15th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Looks a bit like a fun variation of Yvaine's hair (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10925) from Stardust.

Helix
September 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM
*sigh* how rrromantic!

You made for a stunning bride and kudos for doing your updo yourself it came out beautifully.

missoj
September 16th, 2011, 04:22 AM
It looks beautiful, and so does your dress. You looked really lovely on your wedding day. Would have been nice if you could include length shots of your dress. Excuse me, I love looking at pretty clothes :)

lilalong
September 16th, 2011, 04:29 AM
It looks beautiful, and so does your dress. You looked really lovely on your wedding day. Would have been nice if you could include length shots of your dress. Excuse me, I love looking at pretty clothes :)

I was thinking the same, but wasn't sure if asking for more dress pics would be rude. :D Now that missoj broke the ice: more dress pics, pretty please?

Teazel
September 16th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Yay! Your hair looks just as beautiful as your dress, I'm really impressed by your updo skills. :bowtome: Thanks for posting pictures! :flower:

einna
September 16th, 2011, 08:02 AM
you look stunning! A beautiful bride. I wish you many happy years!

kamikaze hair
September 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Your hair looked so beautiful!!! YAY! i'm so glad you did stick to doing your own hair, you looked PERFECT!!! love it. :D

prairiegirl
September 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Wow! You look stunning...I love the look!
Congratulations on getting married! :)

headtrip_honey
September 16th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Love it. And the best part is, when you look at pictures years later, you'll be happy that you looked like YOU, and not like someone else.

MasCat
September 16th, 2011, 12:45 PM
It is absolutely perfect!

I would love if you'd share a photo from your pro wedding photoshood so we could admire your beauty :) If you don't find it too private to share of course :)

Bluegrass Babe
September 16th, 2011, 05:14 PM
You look beautiful! The hair and dress compliment each other perfectly.

I agree with the others - I want to see wedding photos! (within the bounds of respecting your and your groom's privacy, of course)

And - when things settle down of course - can we have a tutorial? Please? Just a quick how-to, nothing fancy. And here in this thread because we are already subscribed and it would be easy to find.

Only an LHC bride would squeeze in time to take pics of her hair in the middle of her nuptial festivities! Congratulations!

arc691
September 16th, 2011, 05:23 PM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies%204/BXP134512.jpg

So glad to see your post~
I was wondering how everything went.

You did such an awesome job! What a beautiful wedding look!
And I love your dress and jewelry, too! Congratulations~

Lostsoule77
September 16th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Thank you all so much! I don't have too many pictures myself of the day. I'll see if I can round some up from my family and post them. I wasn't sure if that would be too much or not. :shrug:

When I round them up I'll post them in the friendship forum 'cause they aren't really hair related. Think that would be ok? Or should I just put them here even though it's in the mane forum?

Of course I had to take some hair shots on the day of. I figured you guys helped me so much I had to show you all how it turned out. We were already at the hotel at this point. We ended up chilling in the hotel bar until 5am! At some point I just ran off by myself into the restroom and snapped the shots. :) That why it has such poor lighting.

I have no clue how to do a tutorial and I hate the way my voice sounds so I try to avoid video when at all possible. I could probably do a photo one, but I can promise it won't be very good. :o

danacc
September 16th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Congratulations on your wedding!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. This style looks so elegant on you. It suits you perfectly.

racrane
September 16th, 2011, 10:06 PM
It's so pretty. And I guess only an LHC'r would take pictures of her wedding hair after her wedding. :D

bettylibertine
September 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Absolutely lovely! Love the dress too :D

Callque
December 18th, 2011, 05:39 AM
You looked BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations!!! :)

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Wow you did a good job your hair is so elegant and the decorations are so beautiful.

newbeginning
December 18th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Both your hair and dress are very pretty.

Amber_Maiden
December 18th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Beautiful hair! :D

Melanie Marie
December 18th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Beautiful hairdo! And congratulations on your wedding!

Lostsoule77
December 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Thank you all! I recall that some asked for a tutorial, but I tend to be a procrastinator and by the time I got around to thinking about really doing it I didn't want to bring up my old thread. Since you have done it for me i'll just throw it here.

Basically I used this tutorial by Lilith Moon and modified it for my longer hair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ
I followed the tutorial up to the point where my bun is. At that point I just rope braided the rest of my hair and made it into a rose bun. It took me a lot of trial and error to get to that point, but I was very happy with how it turned out. :)

Pazita!
December 18th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Beautiful!! And congrats =)

Hollyfire3
December 18th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I really LOVE this, i can't believ you did it yourself. I tried the tutorial on my own hair and ended up with a tangled mess...she makes it look so easy, so do you! To your new husband and you, a lifetime of happiness!

Lostsoule77
December 18th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Thank you. I did practice it a few times before that day. It also helped that I've been doing french braids for years and rope braids for about a year. I, for the life of me, can't do a crown braid, but this I can do. :shrug:

sarah061
December 18th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Oh my gosh you (and your hair!) are so beautiful!! :thud: sob, I love weddings <3

Jessibear2854
December 19th, 2011, 01:40 AM
I love it! And it's even better because you did it yourself:) Congratulations on getting married!