PDA

View Full Version : Need some positivity!

Aimskylove
September 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM
My hair seems to not want to grow past bsl. :( At least that is how it seems. I mean, yes it has grown maybe an inch but my usual growth is an inch a month and I feel like I have been at the same length for a couple of months now. :sigh: I hope its just me being impatient. :confused: Has anyone else had this happen? Was it just a speed bump?

dRummie
September 14th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I've no suggestions, but my hair has grown about 2 inches since my last cut, and none of it shows. Don't worry, you'll get there :) How long are you aiming?

buttercupmcgee
September 14th, 2011, 06:29 PM
BSL can be a bit of a no-man's land in my opinion, because unlike APL-BSL there are no definitive "lines" on the body to tell how fast it's growing. Sure, there's waist. But one person's definition of waist may be different from another person's.

Anyway, try to be patient, I feel that way sometimes and then will experience a spurt. I think half of it is in our heads.

Are you wearing it up frequently? BSL seems to be where a lot of purse strap/fabric rubbing damage and breakage occurs.

Kelikea
September 14th, 2011, 06:31 PM
My hair hasn't grown in 2 months, either. I was really sad when I measured this week. What can we do? I take vitamins, biotin, MSM...

AnnaJamila
September 14th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Everyone's hair hits stalls. It may be that you just aren't noticing the growth the way you did when it was shorter. :shrug:

Could it be something to do with your diet, or maybe your stress levels? Even something as simple as increasing your level of exercise can have a dramtic affect.

Quixii
September 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Don't worry, hair just seems to stall every now and then. I thought I would never grow past tailbone. It just didn't seem to grow. Then I stopped worrying about it, and now it's classic, just growing pretty dang slowly. :)

Yame
September 14th, 2011, 07:56 PM
In 2 months I measured 1 inch of hair growth (by the root, I dye my hair) but by my hemline you can't tell at all. That's probably what's happening to you. Hang in there!

spidermom
September 14th, 2011, 08:06 PM
It's growing, but it may be the newer, shorter hairs that are in their growth cycles. The older, longer hairs may be at the end of their growth cycles. Soon the actively growing hair will catch up with and then pass your current longest hairs. Be patient.

Also, get a patterned shirt (horizontal stripes are nice) and take a picture once a month or once every two months. Then you will have visual evidence/proof.

Aimskylove
September 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I've no suggestions, but my hair has grown about 2 inches since my last cut, and none of it shows. Don't worry, you'll get there :) How long are you aiming?

Thank you for the positive words :) I am aiming for waist for now. How about you?

BSL can be a bit of a no-man's land in my opinion, because unlike APL-BSL there are no definitive "lines" on the body to tell how fast it's growing. Sure, there's waist. But one person's definition of waist may be different from another person's.

Anyway, try to be patient, I feel that way sometimes and then will experience a spurt. I think half of it is in our heads.

Are you wearing it up frequently? BSL seems to be where a lot of purse strap/fabric rubbing damage and breakage occurs.

Yes Bsl is! I started to realize when reaching into bsl that my hair gets into everything now so I have been wearing it up more and trying different updos :)

My hair hasn't grown in 2 months, either. I was really sad when I measured this week. What can we do? I take vitamins, biotin, MSM...

Its so discouraging to feel like there is no growth! But like everyone says, we can do it! :)

Everyone's hair hits stalls. It may be that you just aren't noticing the growth the way you did when it was shorter. :shrug:

Could it be something to do with your diet, or maybe your stress levels? Even something as simple as increasing your level of exercise can have a dramtic affect.

I havent really changed diet but I have been stressing more with a big move coming in a few months. That could be part of it :/

Don't worry, hair just seems to stall every now and then. I thought I would never grow past tailbone. It just didn't seem to grow. Then I stopped worrying about it, and now it's classic, just growing pretty dang slowly. :)

Wow classic!? :) Thank you! Hopefully the same happens to me haha

In 2 months I measured 1 inch of hair growth (by the root, I dye my hair) but by my hemline you can't tell at all. That's probably what's happening to you. Hang in there!

Thank you for the positivity! :) I def will!

It's growing, but it may be the newer, shorter hairs that are in their growth cycles. The older, longer hairs may be at the end of their growth cycles. Soon the actively growing hair will catch up with and then pass your current longest hairs. Be patient.

Also, get a patterned shirt (horizontal stripes are nice) and take a picture once a month or once every two months. Then you will have visual evidence/proof.

Great advice! :) I will have to get a shirt like that. I really hope that is what is happening. I would be so upset if my hair just stops at bsl.

pixiedust
September 14th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I had a stall the last few months, but don't worry - it will start back up! I was chin length and I swear I'm just an inch or so away from shoulder thanks to this month and last ;)

IanB
September 15th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Well, 1" a month is above the average as they say about 1/2" per month is the norm. I think you have to accept thay it can vay over the months, but it should average out at around 6" in a year.

Aveyronnaise
September 15th, 2011, 03:21 AM

YOu know I had wanted to thank you for this on another thread but I lost it. My hair totally does this but , in a twist , the right side seems to grow a lot faster than the left . It seems to grow slower because the other side has to catch up. Actually my hair grows at a pretty steady rate who knew?

tigereye
September 15th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Don't worry. Everyone has stall, but also it's sometimes hard to tell if it is actually growing. I thought mine was at a stall, but according to a picture I found from my previous trim, my hair has actually grown two inches or so in barely 3 months. It can be really hard to see the growth,because we see our hair every day, and if yours grows an average of an inch a month, then thats still 1/30th of an inch each day, and that's such a tiny difference, how are we meant to see any difference?

Aredhel77
September 15th, 2011, 04:08 AM
I agree that the length between BSL and waist varies a lot on everybody so it may take longer to get between the two. I'm at BSL and feel like I've been 'only just there' for months and months! However, when I stretch my wurly hair it seems to almost be at waist. I won't consider it true waist though until I get there unstretched (yeah, I make life harder for myself!!) Hang in there!

Kelikea
September 15th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hmm...Maybe exercising will help. Get the blood pumping and all of that. I've been slacking on that end, so maybe that's what's stalling the growth.

Several people try castor oil for growth.

Good luck!

bunzfan
September 15th, 2011, 05:20 AM
I think we all feel like this. But i think BSL- waist is hard as everyone has pointed out its a long journey from here to waist. I think wearing it up is the key to take our minds off it, last time i ignored it for a couple of months i was about an inch above waist and then chopped to get rid of layers.

I used to pic measure every month and its quite depressing if your a wavy because you can't see the growth as much.