PDA

View Full Version : Hey Y'all from the Bayou

Jaded
September 14th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Hey Guys!
I'm new to the "hair community" and am super excited to begin and meet everyone. I've recently made growing my hair out my number one priority. I currently have shoulder length hair. I stopped bleaching my hair almost two months ago and so far love the way my "natural hair" feels.

I'm a senior in high school and live in the oh so humid area of Louisiana, LA. I ride horses and teach at various summer/vacation horse camps to make extra cash but for the time being I'm a grocery pusher (aka cashier) at a local Associated Grocers joint.

Like I said, I'm thrilled to begin my hair journey. Any tips for newbies or for expedited growth?

princessp
September 14th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Welcome to LHC! there are a ton of tips on here. My suggestion would be to read the Very Important Threads first. :)

ETA: Here is the link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7804)

spidermom
September 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I think that growth happens at its own pace. Be patient and take good care of your hair so that it isn't breaking off.

Welcome!

redmj
September 15th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Welcome girl. What part of LA are you from. I'm in MS and am trying to deal with the himidity as well.

Jaded
September 15th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Smack dab in the middle of Baton Rouge and New Orleans, about an hour from both.

Thanks everyone for your tips!