PDA

View Full Version : Super Frizzy Braid

mrs.bad85
September 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I have figured out how to do a dutch braid a week ago but over the last few days my braid has gotten really frizzy really fast.

Normally a braid will last all day and look a little worn by the end of the day but now it looks like I have been through a wind tunnel by lunch.

I have been doing my regular CO wash twice a week And I can't figure out why it keeps looking like a wreak so quickly.

mrs.bad85
September 14th, 2011, 05:00 PM
oh I should specify it is the end part of the braid not the part on my head.

Mythica
September 14th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Only taught myself how to do a regular braid and a French braid, but since the Dutch is somewhat similar to the latter, I thought this might help:
I'll sometimes have lots of little flyaways pretty quickly unless I put some kind of anti-frizz serum on it. I like Frizz Be Gone by Giovanni, but putting a little olive oil on my hands and then doing the braid while my hair is slightly damp seems to work too.
YMMV, though. Our textures are somewhat different. :)

BlazingHeart
September 14th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I find my braids look better longer if I am careful to smooth the sections before I start and again once I reach the nape of my neck if I'm doing a french or dutch. To do that, I hold the sections with one hand and wrap the other hand around just one section and slide from top to tips 5-8 times. The smoothing action and the little tiny bit of oils you pick up off your palm help keep it smoother.

If that doesn't work for you, you might try aloe vera gel.

~Blaze