PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to do this, but..Hair type me please!

WildEagle
September 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I don't know what to do with this mess, or even what to call it :confused:

For a start, without measuring it, I'm calling it BSL...does this look right to you?

So, I *think* it is 1b or 1c, I just can't tell. But today I did my first CO wash ever, and noticed after it that there were actual curls under the top of my hair! :o I never seen curls like that in my hair! lol!

Anyways... I think it is course hair (c) but then I'm confused about this, because maybe it is just so damaged, although I really can't tell.
There are layers in my hair, but I actually think most of those layers are actually hairs that snapped and broke through all the torture I did to it. I'm unsure weather to trim those, but they would be very short if I did, and I really don't want to trim them.

I haven't measured the over all volume, (no measuring tape yet, buying one tomorrow) but I think it's thick.

What do you guys think by the picture?
Also, is it possible to keep growing my hair without cutting those layers?
I've been doing S&D over the last few days, but can't quite reach or see the layers to do it to those too well.

This picture is taken after my CO wash, and left to air dry with nothing on it.

Any help appreciated, so I can begin to figure out what's best for my mess!
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e75/luckymel84/mel/hairpic1Sept142011.jpg

invisiblebabe
September 14th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Looks waist length to me, and I'd go with 1b/1c also. I love the color!

Joribear
September 14th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I suck at hair typing, but I just had to say - your hair looks gorgeous! I love the color!

Also, if you're finding curls in your under layer after just one CO wash, you might end up being curlier than you think. I started off thinking I was a 1c and now after a little over four months of CO wash, I'm a fairly well defined 2c!

KittyLove
September 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Beautiful Color, can't help with typing cuz i'm not even sure about my own.

spidermom
September 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM
From that picture, I'd say 1C. Lovely color.

BlazingHeart
September 14th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I'd say 1c, as you do have very stretched out s-waves (that is, your hair waves back and forth like a letter s about 1 1/2 times).

~Blaze

Lostsoule77
September 14th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I'm not good at typing. As for length I'd agree with invisiblebabe, you're waist length not bsl.

TrudieCat
September 14th, 2011, 05:14 PM
1c. :) Very pretty!

Mesmerise
September 14th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Don't take this the wrong way... but I think it's funny when I read a post where someone talks about their awful hair, and then I see the picture of it and it's STUNNING! :D Your hair looks beautiful to me, and is a lovely colour!

I agree with 1b/1c...it's a little too wavy to be just 1b but is still reasonably straightish. Hair can also be wavier underneath... mine forms ringlet curls underneath and on top doesn't have too much wave at all.

I also don't think your hair is coarse. It's hard to tell from a picture, of course, but it looks medium, if not medium/fine. The coarse isn't the texture of your hair, but the thickness of the strands. Even if your hair doesn't feel "smooth" that doesn't mean it's coarse (coarse hair can be very smooth and straight, just as fine hair can be curly and kinky). Your little wispy strands just look too fine to me for it to be coarse hair! So to me, it looks M/F... but again, that's just from a picture so it's hard to tell.

I also think it's closer to waist than BSL although it may not be QUITE there yet. Possibly it's "mid back" length.

Quixii
September 14th, 2011, 05:19 PM
It looks like lovely 1c waist length hair. :)

WildEagle
September 14th, 2011, 05:23 PM
aw you are all the best! Thankyou so much! :)

So that's helped me greatly, as I thought I was at BSL, so that clears that one up then!
And thankyou all for the compliment on the color, altough sadly it's not my natural color. I've given up all badness on my hair such as heat/product etc and am treating it better than ever. But, I am not going to stop coloring it, it's the one thing that I will carry on doing, although much more carefully now (applying coconut oil before/during process,and only dying the roots) where as before, I was slapping on two boxes of dye per month through the whole length.

So, for now, I will stick with waist length and 1c.

Thanks all! x

WildEagle
September 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Don't take this the wrong way... but I think it's funny when I read a post where someone talks about their awful hair, and then I see the picture of it and it's STUNNING! :D Your hair looks beautiful to me, and is a lovely colour!

I agree with 1b/1c...it's a little too wavy to be just 1b but is still reasonably straightish. Hair can also be wavier underneath... mine forms ringlet curls underneath and on top doesn't have too much wave at all.

I also don't think your hair is coarse. It's hard to tell from a picture, of course, but it looks medium, if not medium/fine. The coarse isn't the texture of your hair, but the thickness of the strands. Even if your hair doesn't feel "smooth" that doesn't mean it's coarse (coarse hair can be very smooth and straight, just as fine hair can be curly and kinky). Your little wispy strands just look too fine to me for it to be coarse hair! So to me, it looks M/F... but again, that's just from a picture so it's hard to tell.

I also think it's closer to waist than BSL although it may not be QUITE there yet. Possibly it's "mid back" length.

Oh no, not taken the wrong way at all, and I appreciate your comments a lot. Very helpful! :)
I guess I just feel that it's a mess, because to me, it doesn't seem so healthy. The ends are somewhat better than they were, but I'm not so sure about the layers. I'm scared to let them grow without trimming them, because they might break, and I'm scared to cut them, because they will be shorter lol! Ack!

Strands don't seem to be overly thick, but in all, my hair seems to feel thick when I bunch it together in a pony or whatever.

I'm very confuzled about typing my air, but I want to do it so I can figure out what's best for it in the long run.

Everyone here is so helpful though, so this thread has already helped I think :)