PDA

View Full Version : Braiding with no part

joyfulheart18
September 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM
How do people brush back their hair so that it kind of "flows" into a braid, instead of showing the part? I've tried with my comb to brush it back, but I can still see the part.

Sort of like this:

http://bubblegarm.blogspot.com/2010/07/do-french-braid.html
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/road-to-avonlea/images/17352871/title/izzy-photo

lapispimpernel
September 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Wetting it down gets rid of a dried-in part for me. :) Wet, comb back, wait a few minutes for your fingers to dry, and braid away! That also make the top section a little easier to manipulate.

Madora
September 14th, 2011, 02:56 PM
What I did was make a horizontal part from the top of my right ear, around the back of my head to the top of the left ear.

All the hair in that section was held in a small hair friendly barrette. This would be your center strand section.

The remaining hair was then divided in two sections.

The right section went over the center strand section held by the barrette.

The left section went over the center strand section held by the barrette.

And braided down the length as usual.

Once I understood the mechanics, I did away with the barrette and just held the 3 sections in my hand and braided as usual.

If you know how to lace braid, you can braid a lace braid around your head that is part free too (I bend at the waist and begin braiding just in front of my right ear and then continue around the head).

As always, be sure that ALL hair is thoroughly detangled before you begin, and continue to keep all strands tangle free at the ends as you're braiding.

spidermom
September 14th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Use a little gel when you comb your hair back. It also helps to not part your hair in the same place all the time. I started parting my hair here, there, and all over the place when I was a teenager, and I don't have a precise part. If I comb it back and let it fall as it may, it falls all crooked. It's not trained to part.