PDA

View Full Version : Photos of silver-black hair

skay
June 30th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while, but I took some progress photos yesterday and I thought I'd share some interesting shots with everyone.

One pic looked cool to me so I was "forced" to coming out of lurking mode and share it with those who appreciated the nuances of hair. :)

Anyway,

In the first shot, I was trying to use natural lighting, and for some reason, a bunch of light came in the window. No flash was used. :arrow: The effect on my hair: It looks silver all over!

I think it's unique because I can't really (or at least easily) duplicate this with Photoshop.
The second shot has natural lighting and was taken a minute later. You can see the silver-black at top.Note: I have henna on the bottom part of my hair which I applied last year. I'm in the process of growing out the henna.

For those who saw my hair last year, my hair's shorter now because I had the layers cut off (I only want one length of hair now).

Here are the photos.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/sgeo/hair/hair-july1-08-light.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/sgeo/hair/hair-july1-08-2b.jpg

spidermom
June 30th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Well, I'll be.

Angellen
June 30th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Oh my. That's quite a difference! Your hair's a beautiful bluey black color, by the way. It's really pretty. :)

skay
June 30th, 2008, 11:09 PM
One more photo below to show another effect of natural light.

Please excuse the not-as-combed look as the other photos.

This was taken about 5 or so minutes before the others. I wore a blue shirt first for contrast.

Spidermom, your comment made me smile. That's one of my favorite expressions. :)

Aw thanks Angellen. It's funny, a few years ago when I was curious to see if diet would affect my hair, I was hoping that the grey/silvers would disappear (but now I'm ok with them thank to this board - thanks LHC!).

Instead, the black became blacker and the white became whiter.

That was an interesting observation for me.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/sgeo/hair/hair-july1-08-dark.jpg

Eolan
July 1st, 2008, 12:30 AM
Would you look at that! :O Your hair is stunning and I love the color(s)! :)

jel
July 1st, 2008, 05:29 AM
Your hair looks mega-shiny in all pics! I think the contrast of the bright silver makes the black hair more alive.

It's funny, a few years ago when I was curious to see if diet would affect my hair, I was hoping that the grey/silvers would disappear (but now I'm ok with them thank to this board - thanks LHC!).

Instead, the black became blacker and the white became whiter.

That's interesting, are you saying that your diet contributed to this colour strengthening? Can you tell us a bit more about what you eat?

Chromis
July 1st, 2008, 07:47 AM
Oooh sparkly! I look forward to getting my first grays thanks to this board!

Periwinkle
July 1st, 2008, 09:33 AM
Beautiful!

FrannyG
July 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
Just lovely! :cloud9:

jojo
July 1st, 2008, 10:14 AM
How unusual and very pretty!

LadyMoon11
July 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM
Very cool!
The shine, color and the waves in your hair are lovely.

Islandgrrl
July 1st, 2008, 10:28 AM
What an amazing difference! Your hair is just beautiful!

Xandergrammy
July 1st, 2008, 12:46 PM
I love it! The first picture looks "gun-metally". The silver with the black looks amazing. I hope the person who started the thread about turning gray sees your pictures. I would expect that her hair would look very similar and just as stunning.

skay
July 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Everyone, thanks so much for your wonderful comments. I feel so supported here. :)

I love it! The first picture looks "gun-metally". The silver with the black looks amazing. I hope the person who started the thread about turning gray sees your pictures. I would expect that her hair would look very similar and just as stunning.

Thanks Xandergrammy. "gun-metally" I think fits the color. :)
In regards to the other gray hair post you're referring to, I agree her hair would probably look similar. I think my hair had some brown/reddish undertones when I was younger I think. I think it was caused by the sun in my case.

Your hair looks mega-shiny in all pics! I think the contrast of the bright silver makes the black hair more alive.

That's interesting, are you saying that your diet contributed to this colour strengthening? Can you tell us a bit more about what you eat?

Thanks, jel. :) I love the adjective "alive", because that exactly describes my eating habits. My eating lifestyle consists of live fresh fruits, veggies, nuts and other miscellaneous vegan-live food/dishes. I would say I'm raw vegan
(http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5850)

Basically, I cleaned up what I was eating. Thus, I feel my hair (and body and mind) was able to be more at their optimum levels.

In summary, I feel improving my diet affected my hair color because now my health has improved which is reflected in my hair. In addition, I stopped using harsh dyes and chemicals so my hair could do it's own thing.

suicides_eve
July 3rd, 2008, 07:07 AM
very pretty! they are all stunning colors

brok3nwings
July 3rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Oh i think that white and black and silver just go wonderful together!!! I love the contrast and i think you made the right decision by letting the whites grow, i like it better then the henna part. It is unusual to have natural black hair and the ones who die it black wont have the opportunity to have that effect on hair ;)