PDA

View Full Version : Isochronic tones, HGH and hair growth?

melissa8989
September 14th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Has anyone ever heard of isochronic tones? Apparently They are specific tones/frequencies that it is suggested "proven?" When listened to changes your brain frequency to match. Putting you into an Alpha, Beta, Theta or Delta state. Each one corresponds to different states of awareness, alert, relaxed, REM sleep, Deep dreamless sleep ect. Supposedly the delta waves are produced by our brains during deep dreamless regenerative sleep where we produce the most human growth hormone. HGH, which I know little about, is supposed to have positive effects on hair growth, muscle growth and skin repair. I have found several isochronic delta tones which suggest that if listened to while going to sleep will prolong the deep dreamless state of state of sleep and thus produce more HGH? Im not suggesting or denying the validity of the claims but i thought this would be interesting to fellow LHCers who may be as nerdy as i am at times :wigtongue .

http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-Isochronic-Tones-Really-Work?&id=4719569

http://iso-tones.com/

julierockhead
September 14th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Hee hee the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title was "ooo a fellow nerd!" This is why sleep is important for hair growth I guess.

I love stuff like this. Thanks for the link.

BlazingHeart
September 14th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I would think, if it influences the brain towards going into Delta sleep, that you would be best off if you could program it to be a periodic thing. The brain needs REM sleep, after all, so spending the whole night in Delta wouldn't be good for you, as I understand it.

~Blaze

archel
September 14th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Brainwave entrainment is super awesome stuff, I have a bunch of apps for my iPhone and use binaural beats and isochronic tones for meditation. But for sleep, I like plain old white noise.

melissa8989
September 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Yay! I'm so glad I didn't get blank stares :joy:. Yes, i had wondered if it would keep you from rem too, maybe it could transition between tones?

Audrey Horne
September 14th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I like white noise and sounds of the rain/thunder/wind to put me into sleep but I can't sleep with headphones... I destroy them :(
Now THIS I haven't tried yet :D

archel
September 14th, 2011, 04:33 PM
There are programs that go through all the cycles. Not sure what they are called though. I also can't sleep with headphones, so I just put on the White Noise app on my iPhone and plug it into my boom box on the bedside table. I go between the "air conditioner" noise and the "pink noise."

Maktub
September 14th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I like to leave my natural brain waves be... hum, natural. I don't like the idea of playing with them artificially... nor trying to control them. I believe brain / nature is way more complex and "perfect" than science can currently understand and explain... not saying it can't work. I just don't trust it doing good overall ...

But I did try this ONCE to try to go to sleep. Unfortunately, in a few minutes I felt really really nauseous, like throwing up and very dizzy... I've read and discovered this happens to many people too... So no more for me !