PDA

View Full Version : is it my imagination or -

archel
September 14th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Is this a 4-strand braid on this headband?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190574647540?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1895wt_836

It looks wider than an English braid, but my eyes may be playing tricks on me. Regardless, I bought one anyway :)

Noreth
September 14th, 2011, 09:47 AM
:thumbsup: Yep. To the latter, it is a 4-strand braid :D. And a very cool headband. Need more money in my hair fund...

Mannaz
September 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Looks like a three strand to me, though maybe its weaved somehow differently than a standard english braid cause it looks like the middle strand doesn't really "go" anywhere? Or maybe it just looks different because it lays so differently than a braid attached to ones head...The more I look at this the more confused I get :D It certainly is very pretty, maybe it'll be as hypnotic in person as in the picture :D

spidermom
September 14th, 2011, 10:20 AM
It doesn't look like any 4-strand braid I know how to do (I know 2 plus a variation).

StephanieB
September 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
It looks like a wide three-strand braid to me.

Gumball
September 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
You're right. That is definitely a flat four strand braid, as opposed to the box four strand braid. :)

PianoPlaye
September 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Looks like a flat four strand to me.
Child has just gawked - "is that your hair?" (No sweetie, but I Wish...)

Beldaran
September 14th, 2011, 11:33 AM
If you follow the strands it's only a 3 strand. It's just wide.

archel
September 14th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Just googled "flat 4 strand braid" and I'm pretty sure that's what this is - I think maybe they chose that type so it would be wide enough to cover the band? Maybe? Regardless, I can't wait to get it. I love easy 2-second hair styles. :)

teal
September 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
It's a flat 4-strand braid. I've color-coded it so you can see where they're going:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/transitbum/4strandbraidheadband-colorcoded.jpg

archel
September 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Ok, you win the internet today, teal! And now I'm super excited to get this since I don't know how to 4-strand braid (yet).

Macaroni
September 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
How cool is that! I'm tempted to get the beige blonde one for contrast with my auburn hair in a chignon.

tigereye
September 14th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Yep flat four strand braid. Better yet, I can tell you how to do one with your own hair.

Split into 4 sections. Take rightmost section and weave it over, under, over. Catch with left hand. Pick up next strand, over, under, over. Repeat all the way down. Easy enough.just always pick up the strands from the same side.

AcornMystic
September 14th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I have no idea how to tell the difference, but I just wanted to post to say thank you SO much for that link. I have bookmarked it. I am an e-bay junkie and would like to get one of those in the future when I have some spare money. I have a hard time thinking how I can deal with strands of my hair doing that and it being uneven unless I had two braids going past each other on either side. Or perhaps there's a braid I don't know about that incorporates hair from both sides into it. I'm starting to really love headbands now too. Wee, thanks again!:cheer:

archel
September 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Yay! I had a little dough left in paypal and this wiped me out but I'm so stoked to get it :)

KittyLove
September 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
What a great idea, i like it!

Lostsoule77
September 14th, 2011, 05:26 PM
That is one cool braid! I like the headband too. :)

Just want to thank tigereye for teaching me how to do it! :) I'm sure I've seen a tutorial here or there, but never bothered to try it before this thread. :)

archel
September 14th, 2011, 05:51 PM
My hair isn't quite long enough to pull it around in front of me to look at it while I braid - once it is, I am learning the 4 strand and 5 strand braids for sure!

archel
September 14th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I just hope the color doesn't clash with my hair too much - "brown" can be pretty much ANY shade, heh

tigereye
September 15th, 2011, 08:47 AM
That is one cool braid! I like the headband too. :)

Just want to thank tigereye for teaching me how to do it! :) I'm sure I've seen a tutorial here or there, but never bothered to try it before this thread. :)

No problem. :)