PDA

View Full Version : Morning Hair

jacknuts
September 14th, 2011, 05:42 AM
In what kind of style should you wear your hair in the mornings?

Deliciosa
September 14th, 2011, 06:02 AM
What are you actually refering to. Are you refering to how I shall wear my hair at night so it looks reasonable when you wake up or general hairstyles?

We have a tradition here...pop us a thread in the new starters forum here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28) and introduce yourself
THANKS

clichepithet
September 14th, 2011, 06:09 AM
We have a tradition here...pop us a thread in the new starters forum here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28) and introduce yourself

He already did.

jacknuts, I just throw my sleep-braid up in a random bun in the morning.

Hypnotica
September 14th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I do recommend the search function. Again.

Deliciosa
September 14th, 2011, 06:11 AM
He already did.

jacknuts, I just throw my sleep-braid up in a random bun in the morning.

UPS my mistake than

Fairlight63
September 14th, 2011, 07:14 AM
I usually wear my hair in a braid at night then sleep on a silk pillowcase. When I wake up in the morning, my hair is all over the place. I have to take out the braid & recomb & rebraid my hair.

Last night for the first time I braided my hair like usual then put on a silk sleep cap (tucking the braid inside). This morning I took off the sleep cap & my braid was still good. I just recombed the top a little & put on a headband & that was it. The end of the braid was not all dried out like usual. The braid didn't get in the way at night when turning over - so this will be my new hair routine.

Madora
September 14th, 2011, 08:25 AM

I would imagine that varies depending on what type of activity you are going to do.

If there's any risk involved, then a style that keeps the hair confined to the scalp would be ideal.

In general, to protect the delicate ends, then wearing it up, somehow, would be best.

Personally, I either make a French lace braid around my head, or a large, loose braided bun pinned on top of my head.

For the good of your hair, try not to braid/bun too tightly and distribute the weight of your hair for comfort.

sun-kissed
September 14th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I put my hair up in whatever style I plan on wearing for the day; a lace dutch crown braid, french/dutch/fishtail braids, or hairstick buns.

Yame
September 14th, 2011, 10:58 AM
On weekdays I bun my hair in the morning. I use simple bun styles I can wear all day. I am still learning new styles so that I can wear a different one each day. Whatever I did in the morning will hold all day, if it doesn't I just redo the same style when it gets loose.

misspriss
September 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
It's short, I usually don't do anything, or I pull it back in a pony taill.

racrane
September 14th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Right now I'm growing out layers so I can't braid as nicely as I'd like to. Anyway, I usually like a loose braid, a bun or a "scrunchie bun" as I call it. I also use claws as well. Whatever is most convenient.

Toadstool
September 14th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I do recommend the search function. Again.

How unwelcoming.:(

Hi Jacknuts. My hair's still short so I don't have any particular night or morning style.

teal
September 14th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Through the mornings my hair is usually in whatever style I put it in for sleeping the previous evening. :p

I try to comb and "style" (heh, what style...) my hair when at least one of the kids is napping. Otherwise, an attempt at haircare is like some secret signal for everything to go wrong in the house. I pull the elastic off the end of my braid and bam, everyone and everything needs my attention right that instant..

SilentGuardian
September 14th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I can't do much with my hair, due to it's length and the shorter layers. I tie it back in a lower ponytail for work.

MsBubbles
September 15th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Same style you should wear in the afternoons and evenings.

Fufu
September 15th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Jacknuts: Are you collecting surveys/datas on what people like to style their hair in the mornings, lunches, evenings? If so, it's best to do a search if there's an existing thread or keep it all in a thread because too many threads and questions are about the same do confuse people and i believe it will be more tedious for you to reply as well... in my opinion...

celebriangel
September 15th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I leave it in my sleep braid till I've finished my morning getting-ready sorts of things, then I put it up into whatever that day's style happens to be.

julierockhead
September 15th, 2011, 04:38 PM
... an attempt at haircare is like some secret signal for everything to go wrong in the house. I pull the elastic off the end of my braid and bam, everyone and everything needs my attention right that instant..

Bwaahahaha! I know right?

jojo
September 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM
What are you actually refering to. Are you refering to how I shall wear my hair at night so it looks reasonable when you wake up or general hairstyles?

THANKS I also thought we had a tradition in being a warm, friendly and inviting forum?

I do recommend the search function. Again. aww there was no need for that. I really feel for newbies sometimes, it can be very daunting trying to work stuff out on here.

To the OP, Welcome! :waving:

I wear double braids at night and then just comb through in the morning and put in a bun. I am actually getting quite lazy at trying new updo's! Whats your routine?