PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Store Your Stash?

spidergoat
September 14th, 2011, 01:12 AM
I've been C-W-C'ing since I joined LHC, and I've acquired quite a collection of inexpensive conditioners and shampoos because there are so many good smelling ones :crush:
Do you fellow LHCers keep all your stash in one place and pick what you want to use from that or does anyone have a "secondary" stash?

Audhumla
September 14th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I keep mine next to my desk in a big brown paper bag I got from some clothes store or another covered with an old skirt that got torn to keep the light out. This includes my increasing hoard of conditioners and all my oils and a bottle of clear aloe vera gel.

dementedkitten
September 14th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Oh god I have stuff everywhere. I have a cupboard in the bedroom, a bedside drawer in the bedroom, cupboard in the bathroom, space on top of the cupboard in the bathroom, under my side table in the livingroom aannnddd ... I can see a tub or two in the hall! :thud:

pepperminttea
September 14th, 2011, 05:31 AM
I keep any opened bottles in the bathroom cupboard next to the shower. Any unopened ones live in my secret stash in a box in my room. :)

C.H.
September 14th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Stuff I use in the bathroom stays in the bathroom, so my stockpiles of shampoo, conditioners, AVG, honey, hair gel, and ACV are in the cabinet under the sink. The two bottles of conditioner I'm actually using are in a shower caddy. Everything else, including oils and any other tools and accessories live in designated boxes on shelves by the mirror in my bedroom.

Chetanlaiho
September 14th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Right now I don't have any closet space in my bathroom (and not that much in my room either) so everything is stashed in a big shopping bag ^^;

mallorykay13
September 14th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Oh god I have stuff everywhere. I have a cupboard in the bedroom, a bedside drawer in the bedroom, cupboard in the bathroom, space on top of the cupboard in the bathroom, under my side table in the livingroom aannnddd ... I can see a tub or two in the hall! :thud:

Haha. This is totally me. I have some on my dresser, in my bathroom... let alone the fridge. :D Yes. Everywhere.

sipnsun
September 7th, 2020, 08:46 AM
This is a great topic, as my stash increases I've had to find a way to store it because it has outgrown the cabinet space in my bathroom. I ordered a tall wire rolling cart with basket shelves (Amazon) and it's perfect for my needs. I store lightweight conditioners in the top basket, shampoos in the second, masks and deep treatments next and oils on the bottom. (Everyday products stay on my bathroom sink). I can roll it into my closet to hide it and pull it out when needed. I need to order another cart to store the herbal rinses that I've recently acquired and have stored in the kitchen though...:rolleyes:

Dark40
September 7th, 2020, 04:12 PM
Oh my, I've got stuff everywhere too. Especially, like shampoos and conditioners but mostly everything I use is in the bathroom. Now, sometimes I'll pull something from under my bed. I've got 6 boxes of different hair products under my bed, and a whole bathroom cabinet full of more different hair products to use up. BTW, I also CO-wash as well during the week, and I use a shampoo to clarify. Or, a clarifying shampoo once a month.

MusicalSpoons
September 7th, 2020, 06:29 PM
Regularly used products in the shower (shampoo, oil, conditioner), semi-regularly used or opened but rarely-used in the bathroom (a few conditioners and a couple of shampoos I mostly use to handwash delicate fabric items), and the rest in my bedroom - mostly in a box under my bed but also supplies from when I was experimenting (citric acid and ascorbic acid, butters and the last few oils) in various storage spaces.

ArtOfNoot
September 7th, 2020, 09:29 PM
I was expecting a much different thread lol :bounce:

mermaid lullaby
September 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Well...when I first joined LHC, I used to hide my stuff and I was very secretive about this new hair hobby. My sister shared the same bedroom as me and she had the top bunk. At night, I would slip on a silk sleeping cap from underneath the bed covers without her knowing. When I took a shower I wait until after dinner, because my family always watches movies then. I had a desk with a secret drawer, (kinda like that scene in Fly Away Home) so that's where I stored everything. I would have my shampoo, conditioner, and coconut oil and bury it underneath my towel and crept down the hallway.
One day, after about 2 years, I finally got caught because I slept in with my sleeping cap on and my sister noticed it and teased. After I went to college and pintrest came about, I had found coconut oil on her bed and she told me about how it's good for hair. I finally told her everything and she didn't know I was doing this for a few years.

Now that I have my own place, it's not in secret desk drawers anymore. it's in the cabinet where I can easily see it.

Ragtatter
September 7th, 2020, 11:48 PM
Everywhere. Hair products like shampoos, conditioners, etc. mostly end up in the bathroom, but hair toys? Those pretty much have ended up all over the house.

TechnoAngel
September 8th, 2020, 12:47 AM
The products I use are in a basket in my bathroom or in my closet. I really need to start throwing things away that I don't use..

Bri-Chan
September 8th, 2020, 01:42 AM
I keep one of my shampoo and my mask under the shower. Other products are in a sheld in a cabinet of my bedroom. Other products like oils ore herbal powders are in a cooler cabinet, always in my bedroom.

HeidiB
September 8th, 2020, 04:18 AM
I really like your story, Lullaby. I tend to hide my hair products, I don't really know why but it's like a beauty secret. But I don't have a secret drawer, that's amazing !

lapushka
September 8th, 2020, 05:27 AM
Cupboard in the garage floor to ceiling, just one cabinet space. It is filled, not only with shampoo & conditioner though, maybe 1/4th of it. That cabinet contains all sorts of hygiene stuff (toothpaste, moisturizer, body lotion, etc.). Then my bathroom cabinet (floor to ceiling), which *is* totally filled with products for the hair. And then about 6 boxes (stackable) full. That's it. That's my stash.

I am working it down, though, and have been on a product-use-it-up since 2018 (on this forum). More goes out than comes in, I am on a low-buy at the same time, bar good good sales (the really good ones), my staples, and something I may be desperate to try.

But... I'm working on it!

Philodendron
September 8th, 2020, 08:59 AM
I have my own cabinet in the bathroom. I store my hairstuff all the way in the back so my husband doesn't think I'm crazy :rolleyes:. It's a hobby. I just love to try new stuff. Usually I use everything so there is no waste.

Feral_
September 8th, 2020, 09:28 AM
Oil refills for hair and skin are in a lidded basket in my bedroom because it’s cool and dark. A conditioner lives in my bathroom cabinet for occasional use. Some everyday scrunchies and a hair pin also in said cabinet. Hairbrushes, comb and my one hair stick in a container on shelving outside bathroom. I have an assortment of invisibobbles in my clinic for any patients sans hair tie, and I can disinfect them afterwards. Tidy-ish!

Finda
September 8th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Well...when I first joined LHC, I used to hide my stuff and I was very secretive about this new hair hobby. My sister shared the same bedroom as me and she had the top bunk. At night, I would slip on a silk sleeping cap from underneath the bed covers without her knowing. When I took a shower I wait until after dinner, because my family always watches movies then. I had a desk with a secret drawer, (kinda like that scene in Fly Away Home) so that's where I stored everything. I would have my shampoo, conditioner, and coconut oil and bury it underneath my towel and crept down the hallway.
One day, after about 2 years, I finally got caught because I slept in with my sleeping cap on and my sister noticed it and teased. After I went to college and pintrest came about, I had found coconut oil on her bed and she told me about how it's good for hair. I finally told her everything and she didn't know I was doing this for a few years.

Now that I have my own place, it's not in secret desk drawers anymore. it's in the cabinet where I can easily see it.

That's such a cute tale!

My own stash is not very impressive ;-)
1 Shampoo, 3 Conditioners, 4 Masks, so everything fits into a small basket.
My hairtoys however take up two drawers of the dresser.

Siv
September 8th, 2020, 01:45 PM
Huh. I guess my stash is pretty small.

Hair products (5 bottles) in a basket in the shower; (3) brushes, hair dryer, and (4) hair sticks/forks in a basket by the bathroom cabinet; a few smaller bottles of oils and similar in the cabinet (by my tooth brush etc); scrunchies, clips, a couple of scarves in a drawer.

Alexandrina
September 10th, 2020, 05:24 AM
I have my own cabinet in the bathroom. I store my hairstuff all the way in the back so my husband doesn't think I'm crazy :rolleyes:. It's a hobby. I just love to try new stuff. Usually I use everything so there is no waste.

haha cute comment about your husband I wonder if he ever peeks in your cabinet

Alexandrina
September 10th, 2020, 05:25 AM

OH a secret drawer, how fun!