PDA

View Full Version : Weird hair length goals?

pixiedust
September 13th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I just wanted to know if anybody here has ever thought about length goals in comparison to other objects, like "I'd like my hair to be as long as ____." etc.

I was just reading another thread here and I decided that my, "ultimate length goal #1" would be to have hair that was long enough to string a guitar with (not that I actually WOULD, but, yeah.) That'd be somewhere around 30".

I feel like I post the weirdest threads sometimes. :rolleyes:

sun-kissed
September 13th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Nope, I've never even thought of doing that before. That'd be cool, though... hmm...

ETA: I just had to say, I love your avatar. :D

pixiedust
September 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Aww thanks (: I like youres too, I can't wait till I can use pretty hair toys (:

lapispimpernel
September 13th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I have a nebulous version. I dunno if you've seen Sanctum, but anyway, one of the characters is going down a rope and gets her hair stuck in a descending device. That's a real thing that happens, I've seen it. (We were able to get the girl out before more than a pinky-sized chunk of hair was removed, no scalp trauma involved.) I want my hair long enough that, if it mysteriously comes out of its 'do and gets caught, I'll 1) be able to cut it without worrying about the rope and 2) it won't immediately cause damage to my scalp.

Either that, or hairs long enough to thread a chair like they did in Gulliver's Travels. (Approx 912 inches for BSL on a Brobdingnagian? Assuming they were ~200ft tall? Going by my local cathedral here.)

ETA: And you think you're weird? Jeez... Sorry, everybody. :rolleyes:

Evalea
September 13th, 2011, 07:43 PM
My last boyfriend said women should have hair long enough so they can be hog-tied with it ...yeah, we are not together anymore.
:joy:

omnivore
September 13th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I have a mole on my torso that is halfway between BSL and waist. It's my current goal. :o

prettykitty
September 13th, 2011, 09:24 PM
My ultimate goal is to the tip of my buttcrack, or 36 inches, whichever comes first...I just really like the idea of having three feet of hair.

Quezie
September 13th, 2011, 09:28 PM
My goal was to have it long enough to cover my boobs, now that I've reached that, I want it to cover my belly. XD

julierockhead
September 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I want hair as long as my girl is tall (4'1").

Yozhik
September 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I want hair as long as my girl is tall (4'1").

That's great! :thumbsup:

What happens when she grows, though? :hmm:

I like the idea behind this thread, but I'm boring. ;) I'm just growing until I'm happy with the length and condition. Perhaps I'll grow to the full stretch of my cat! :kitten:

AcornMystic
September 13th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I want hair down to my knees so I can scurry around like a hairy 5'4" monster on feet connected to calves.:wigtongue

(really it's quite forest nymph inspired but that isn't weird sounding:p)

LittleOrca
September 13th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I actually had a goal at one time to have hair long enough that I could braid it and turn that braid into a noose... :)

hypersensitive
September 13th, 2011, 10:20 PM
My current mini goal is to have my hair to where my tummy creases. Then, onward to top of hip!

supbanana
September 13th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I'd like my hair to touch the floor over the back of the couch. When I was in the eighth grade my goal was to be able to stretch a strand of hair from one side of those one-person desks to the other. I went in at APL and came out with hair longer than the desk!

My main goal is that I'm stubbornly determined to get my hair long enough to be able to do every one of Torrin Paige's braids! My hair is hip length but I still can't manage most of them. :rant: I guess this is weird because it comes off as vaguely creepy? Hm.

pixiedust
September 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I have a mole on my torso that is halfway between BSL and waist. It's my current goal. :o

Haha, that'ss a good one. Great, now I'm gonna be checking for body moles/birthmarks that can be goal markers. :rolleyes: I do have a birthmark on my back shaped like the lochness monster (well, I always thought so at least :hmm:) Once I get closer I'm gonna be watching for when my hair covers it, hahaha.

WinterButterfly
September 13th, 2011, 11:44 PM
My goal was to have hair long enough to look weird in public if it was down. Not quite long enough to be that odd yet though. But then again, I don't wear it down much.

MissManda
September 14th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I don't think this constitutes as "weird," but my original goal when I first decided to grow my hair long in 2008 was to grow it to butt length and have it just brush the ground/chair/whatever when sitting.

Hypnotica
September 14th, 2011, 02:11 AM
My last boyfriend said women should have hair long enough so they can be hog-tied with it ...yeah, we are not together anymore.
:joy:
Sexy! (And I mean it - it would make some awsome erotic pictures. I may need to share this idea with my photographer friend.

Hypnotica
September 14th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Having a braid long enough to strangle someone with without any problems. I think I'm there but I can't really test that, can I?

Purdy Bear
September 14th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Iv got a few weird ones:

To reach 1 inch in length - with Alopecia that can be hard.

To be so long I can wrap my head in a bath sheet and it pokes out the bottom.

To be able to wrap it round my neck like a scarf.

PrincessBob
September 14th, 2011, 04:59 AM
If my hair met my stated goal of 69", it would be about one inch shorter than me, but actually around mid calf, because of the having to cross my skull thing. But that isn't my personal goal. My actual hair goal? To be able to pull a lady Godiva style completely nude yet all objectionable parts completely covered thing. I have hair thick enough, I just need it long enough. My friend wants to do an artistic photo shoot of it when it happens. That would be so cool.

Audhumla
September 14th, 2011, 05:18 AM
My hair is just above APL now so my medium term goal is to be able to bring my hair over my shoulder and be able to hold a good length (~6") at a reasonable distance from my face and look at it. I'm sick of seeing my hair in a mirror. I want to see my hard work keeping it in good condition paying off first hand :P

georgia_peach
September 14th, 2011, 05:22 AM
I actually had a goal at one time to have hair long enough that I could braid it and turn that braid into a noose... :)

Having a braid long enough to strangle someone with without any problems. I think I'm there but I can't really test that, can I?

Hmm, what an interesting trend in responses ;). One of my mini goals is for my hair to reach the tops of my elbows. Not as interesting as the above, but anyhoo.

Chetanlaiho
September 14th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I want it to be long enough to turn people's heads when I go out with it down? xD

MasCat
September 14th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I want it at least as long to reach the groun when I'm playing my harp.

I would want it Lady Godiva long.

I would want it long enough so I can do an artistic nude photo that would represent a harp out of the body ( the body, the leg and the arm forming the frame) and the hair would have to be long enough to form strings.

I would love to have it long enough to catch a unicorn with it ;)

BabyRay33
September 14th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I would love it to be long enough to cover my boobs...Makes for interesting photos in my opinion. Not necessarily just dirty ones either ;)

You would think BSL would be meeting that goal...but no. Because I have a rather large chest, the hair is only about halfway down them...it looks significantly longer from the back....

Ahhh to have less boobage to carry around!! My hair would look longer from the front! LOL

Merkaba
September 14th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Haha, I would love to have your problem BabyRay33!

I just wanted it long enough to reach the bottom of my ribcage in the front.

melissa-bee
September 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I just want hair down to my belly button

PianoPlaye
September 14th, 2011, 11:24 AM
So how weird is it to want hair long enough (and thick enough) to be able to wrap around me, concealing both parts of the bikini...
(In my dreams I also have a body that can pull off a bikini, but hey - everyone has dreams.)

Syrena
September 14th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I want my hair to be 1 inch after I achieve classic...classic is too short but tight length is too long for me...so,,something between;)

battles
September 15th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I want a braid long enough that I can spin around and whip people standing nearby. Preferably a group of attacking ninjas.

...What, that's not going to happen? :(

:pirate:

MrsGuther
September 15th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I would love it to be long enough to cover my boobs...Makes for interesting photos in my opinion. Not necessarily just dirty ones either ;)

You would think BSL would be meeting that goal...but no. Because I have a rather large chest, the hair is only about halfway down them...it looks significantly longer from the back....

Ahhh to have less boobage to carry around!! My hair would look longer from the front! LOL

I can totally relate to this ^^^!!! My hair is past waist length and barely covers my boobs... sometimes I wish I had smaller boobs so my hair would look longer from the front!!! lol

Nienna
September 15th, 2011, 02:03 AM
My actual hair goal? To be able to pull a lady Godiva style completely nude yet all objectionable parts completely covered thing. I have hair thick enough, I just need it long enough. My friend wants to do an artistic photo shoot of it when it happens. That would be so cool.

That's my hair goal too! :cheese:
Only minus the photo shoot, cause I'm shy enough about having my photo taken in ordinary situations so I'll never muster up the guts to do it only wearing my hair. :blushing:
'Twould be fun though.

pixiedust
September 15th, 2011, 02:25 AM

This reminds me of like, epic fight scenes and that awesome chick antihero who can kill people with her braid. :p

MasCat
September 15th, 2011, 03:34 AM
That's my hair goal too! :cheese:
Only minus the photo shoot, cause I'm shy enough about having my photo taken in ordinary situations so I'll never muster up the guts to do it only wearing my hair. :blushing:
'Twould be fun though.

Hey, you konw you could have a picture in a flesh coloured leotard :)

Amarante
September 15th, 2011, 04:57 AM
I want hair as long as a Wamp Rat! (A Star Wars creature Luke mentions in a meeting about taking out the Death Star, about a meter long)

Yes, I know I'm a nerd :D

heartgoesboom
September 15th, 2011, 11:05 PM
i don't think it's weird but my bf brought over the wonder years episodes over and now i want winnie cooper hair lol

Soulina
September 15th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I love all your goal lenghts. So meny good ideas
My goal lenght is bit over classic, and if I can get it over that I am not going to stop it. But for now my next goal is for my hair to cover my boobs, but my hair is from back allmsot waist lenght, but infront it just barely covers them. Few inches more and that goal is achived. Then I am going to get it to my bellybutton!

Oh I love the feeling of my hair brushing to my stomach:D

christine1989
September 16th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Personally, I'd like to have it long enough to wrap around my neck a few times and wear it like a scarf :D.

seaj
September 16th, 2011, 01:09 AM
At first, my hair goal was to have my hair reach the bottom of my rib cage, but now I want it long enough to cover my belly button. Hope to be there in a year and a half if everything goes according to plan.

longhairedlady
September 16th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Long enough that everyone turns there heads and stares!

Avital88
September 16th, 2011, 01:25 AM
hahaha when i cut my hair before, i was really unhappy with the fact i couldnt slap my boyfriend anymore with my hair.. :-)
Now i can slap him with it when he is almost a meter away from me haha,i feel so weird about posting this but see it as a variant of tickling..

C.H.
September 16th, 2011, 01:28 AM
i don't think it's weird but my bf brought over the wonder years episodes over and now i want winnie cooper hair lol

Just how long was Winnie's hair at its longest?

AshleyTheRed
September 16th, 2011, 01:32 AM
My first goal was for it to cover my boobs.
Now that it is there. I have a scar? left from where a strawberry birthmark faded a few inches above my tailbone. That's my mini goal xD

Of the Fae
September 16th, 2011, 02:42 AM
I want to be able to cover myself in it when I sit with my knees pulled up :P

Lostsoule77
September 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I want a braid long enough that I can spin around and whip people standing nearby. Preferably a group of attacking ninjas.

...What, that's not going to happen? :(

:pirate:

I actually do this by accident! I always feel so bad, but it is kinda funny. :D I don't think it's quite long enough to fend off ninjas though.

I don't personally have any weird hair length goals, but I'm loving this thread!

QueenOfTheSkye
September 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Haha, if my goals were moles on my back, I would have the funkiest hemline on the planet. Except for those people who have that condition that makes them go bald...not cancer. The other one.

allnight avenue
September 17th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Considering that my favorite hairstyle is currently the bun variant of Elling Woman's hairstyle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL2jGJvMBI4), I want my hair to be long enough that I could leave it down out of the bun and have the tail still be around BSL, the way the hairstyle was intended to be worn (except even longer). I don't think I'd even like how it would look. I just want to be able to do it! :)

elfgirl
September 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Long enough that I can have a braid where the tail ends past my hips....don't know if the visual makes sense, but I've always enjoyed the look of a long braid :)

clarinette
September 17th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I want to be able to grab the ends and stretch my arms to the sides, completely. Right now my elbow is at a 90 degree bend, so halfway :p

BlazingHeart
September 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I wanted to be able to do a Lady Godiva for Halloween for a long time. Obviously I'd need to be in something fleshtone underneath, but I thought it'd be fun. Of course, that was when I was a lot skinnier than I am now...

~Blaze

tinywife
September 17th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I just want it to reach the middle of my neck.
*sigh*
Any day now...

QueenJoey
September 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I'd like to:

wear my hair like a scarf

Lay on my bed/couch and have my hair touch the floor

sit at my 2nd story window and someone see it from a 1st story window (I don't think I'll ever get there)

Jezerellica
September 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM
My goal was to have it long enough to cover my boobs, now that I've reached that, I want it to cover my belly. XD
This is cute! My goal is to cover my behind and it is pretty much there!:eyebrows:

wooliswonderful
September 17th, 2011, 07:06 PM
My most important goal is to keep my hair longer than DH. :)

SarahKayfa
September 17th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I want to have twin braids that end just below my breasts. So I guess about the bottom of my ribcage unbraided.

MaryRose
September 18th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I would love to have my hair cover my boobs. I thing the look is very sexy.

<3OnHerSleeve
September 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Several people have stolen my 'breast-covering' goal so I'll add that I just want my hair to be longer than all of my friends or family (longest I know is tail-classic, so I want to be classic when my hair is curled rather than stretched). Not too weird unfortunately... I'll need to brainstorm and get back to y'all ;)

OperaTeacherMom
September 18th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I want my hair to be long enough that I could dress like one of the elves from Lord of the Rings, and be totally accurate even without a wig. I think most of them are around tailbone length :)

long.hair.maybe
September 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I want it to be long enough that I can cut it myself without difficulty. I think I'm looking at about BSL for that?