PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Bird poo!

beez1717
September 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM
So a week ago today while my hair was in a simple braid, a bird colored some of my hair white! I was super upset! I was at a baseball game so I had to wait A while to wash my hair :blueeek: D:

So I went home and washed my hair and it turned out fine. However I was really worried that my hair had been ruined by it! Good thing tit wasn't. Ion wondedring if doing a normal wash was the right thing to do, and what you have done to get out bird poo from your hair.

By the way what is tehe code for the smily where it shakes from fright? :disturbed: isn't right.

Anje
September 13th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Well, I think I'd shampoo for something like this. Maybe twice, just for the yuck factor. That's not a normal wash for me, but it might be for you.

BTW, smilies are all here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001). What you're after appears to be shudder:.
That's
shudder:

racrane
September 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I'm glad you got it out. I personally would have shampooed numerous times, just for the gross and nasty part of it. Yuck.

ratgirldjh
September 13th, 2011, 04:09 PM
lol (sorry!)

Glad you got it out!!!

jojo
September 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Muck for luck!

HintOfMint
September 13th, 2011, 06:48 PM
That's happened to me! I was going out for a bite to eat with a boy I was utterly besotted with and of course, I walk under a tree and a bird poops in my hair!

I asked him to grab me something while I went home and showered. Sweet boy, of course the hungry thing asks, "do you want to pick up something to eat and then shower?"

neko_kawaii
September 13th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Supposed to be good luck! Didn't you read Starring Sally J. Freedman As Herself?

Still, yuck!

julliams
September 13th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I had to laugh (sorry) because this story reminds me of when I was at University. My friend with waist-length dreads and I were sitting on the "duck pond lawn" when suddenly he remarked that a bird had "shat" in his hair. He reckoned it came at him like a shot and buried down in his hair. I looked for ages but we couldn't find it. He told me later that he found it deep within his dreads and was forced to wash them (washing dreads was not part of his day to day routine). A story that brings a smile to my face every time.

omnivore
September 13th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I, too had to laugh (also sorry!) We have pet birds, and one of them really likes for me to leave my hair down for him to play with. Poop just happens around here, I guess :shrug:.

I've found that if I remove the worst of it with the bird pen cleaning sponge, and then let it dry, it slides right off the strands with my fingernails. The first couple of times, I used bird poop remover (Poop Off brand) and a wet washcloth. Later I found that the get-the-worst-of-it-and-then-let-it-dry method works better for me, and my hair doesn't smell like bird pen cleaning day until I shampoo again.

Maybe wild bird poop is more gross than domestic bird poop? Then again, maybe I'm just a weird bird person; after all, I am the dork who smells all the poop piles when out hiking!

beez1717
September 14th, 2011, 02:01 AM
I'm glad bird poo is good luck. Maybe that's why my team won? Who knows. I'm glad I got it out though. :) and I was like nooooooooo my beloved hair! Whyyyyy? shudder: I'm that protective of my hair. Mom thought I had gone nuts! By the way I wonder if it was from one of the doves released because it was breast cancer awareness day? Even more luck then right?

Alex Lou
September 14th, 2011, 03:23 AM
As a bird owner, I think it's no big deal. Unlike mammal poop, bird poop is not greasy and doesn't smell much. You can just rinse it out with water. Or you can wipe the majority of it out and then the white residue that's left will flake off after it dries.

Okay, so I'm another weird bird person. But really, birds just don't have much bacteria in common with us, so it's not as gross.