PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Russian Amber

Kapri
September 13th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I have just received and tried this ridiculously expensive shampoo by Philip B. It looks like resin and goes on like honey and your hair does end up smelling like amber.

Has anyone else tried any of these Philip B products?

I've been going a bit mad experimenting with clarifying and coconut oil washes and decided that I either find that method too drying or too heavy for my fine, over processed hair. I don't like the sense that you have to monitor each wash. My hair looked more exhausted and frazzled than it usually does with a less sophisticated routine!

With a remnant of Christmas money and to cheer myself up after a tough month, I ordered a small size of this amazing and no doubt over-hyped product from amazon and I like the result ..it is designed for coloured hair, rich in amino acids and yes there is sulfate content but I guess that is in the light of the rest of the ingredients. I only put some leave in conditioner in the ends having used this shampoo and my hair is heavy, swingy and non-flyaway without being rats taily due to over conditioning. My hair isn't shiny that said. But it is the right weight to keep it swingy.

When I've experimented further ..there is a line of three delicious smelling Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. They are more long-term afforable.

I am finding it hard to stick to one routine but hope I will get there after all this experimentation!

Kapri

spidermom
September 13th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Ummmmmmm; I love the scent of amber!

You could try diluting your shampoo in a little water (maybe 1/4 cup). Putting conditioner on the ends first, then diluting my shampoo before I wash the scalp area has been such a hair saver for me.

Kapri
September 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Spidermom,
That's a good tip and of course.. all the clarifying prior to experimenting with the coconut oil washes was probably too much and left the hair ends worse than they were before.

As you know I'm off to the hairdresser tomorrow and it is looking healthy enough now for her not to secretly desire to lop it all off! I think I smell like a wet tree!!

have a great day...

Kapri

julierockhead
September 13th, 2011, 12:13 PM
$50 for 3oz? For something that goes down the drain?

http://www.dermstore.com/product.php?prod_id=23691

Just add this to shampoo:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/aroma/chakra.html

Kapri
September 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Yes it is over-priced.. but we pay good money for a lot of things that, as you say, go down the drain and secondly, the smell of the product remains with you as well as the swingy hair.

Kapri
September 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
In fact, on a pay per wash basis this will last me ... because I wash infrequently...

julierockhead
September 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Aw I'm sorry, I just came back to edit because I sounded harsh-

I have spent loads on stuff for my hair too, didn't mean to sound like I did back there. As long as you are enjoying it, enjoy it! Maybe you can re-create the scent and effect using a fave shampoo and some amber oil.

Kapri
September 13th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Good idea julie rockhead ... I'll check out re-creation possibilities. The thing is that is fun and totally extravagant . Thank you!

spidermom
September 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hey - if it didn't leave you eating nothing but beans for a month, meh. One should be able to enjoy a few little luxuries.

Kapri
September 13th, 2011, 01:29 PM
and I did take it from my Christmas guft money ...she adds (plaintively)...
It was nice to share my extavagance ..where else eh?

xx