PDA

View Full Version : Biolage Matrix- Cone free? Reformulated?

Magicknthenight
September 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Just yesterday I was at Walmart and had the money to get some Biolage hydratherapie conditioning balm for around 23 dollars. I've been googling it and searching it on the forums but I haven't really found an answer to my question.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS434US434&q=biolage+hydratherapie+conditioning+balm&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13099572616309896283&sa=X&ei=K4ZvTpiQD-LHsQLeqtXrCQ&ved=0CCUQ8gIwAQ

That's the container its in. Its weird though that the Biolage online has different ingredients from whats on the back of mine. I read some old threads saying they had changed the ingredients before or had multiple kinds of the same name because of the change. The old or new Biolage conditioning balm. I was wondering if anyone knows if the ingredients now are the same to each name. Or maybe that the Internets ingredients haven't been updated? I tried looking online to find the ingredients...but couldn't so I typed them out. That was fun -_- lol

Ingredients: Aqua /water/ eau, propylene glycol, myristyl alcohol, cetaryl alcohol, cetrim chloride, decyl oleate, phenoxyethanol, parfum/ fragrance, methylparaben, aloe barbadensis/ aloe barbadensis leaf juice, ethylparaben, limonene, hexyl cinnamal, coumarin, linalool, citric acid, passiflora eduus fruit juice, bisabolol (F.I.L. D41728/2)

Are these going to stay this way for a while? Also are their any cones in this conditioner? I didn't see any but I don't know every ingredient...yet :D
Thanks for reading ;)

gazelle
September 14th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I can't see any cones in the ingredients, but I am not an expert. I just searched cones and learnt some of the names, and they don't exist in your conditioner

Magicknthenight
September 16th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I can't see any cones in the ingredients, but I am not an expert. I just searched cones and learnt some of the names, and they don't exist in your conditioner

Thanks for checking it out I appreciate it ^_^. I ended up taking it back because I didn't care for how it made my hair feel. Not really moisturized. Still curious about the reformulation but maybe I'll figure it out another time :]

ktani
September 16th, 2011, 11:29 AM
No cones in there at all. There never were any in the original formulation years ago before L'Oreal bought it from Clairol and before Clairol was bought out by P&G.

As to the new formula, it is different to 2 other versions I know of from just a few years back. It looks like L'Oreal is still experimenting with it.

When I used it years ago it was just called Matrix Conditioning Balm (no Hydratherapie reference).

Athena's Owl
September 16th, 2011, 01:49 PM
no cones, but if you're concerned with using suspected carcinogens in your beauty products, (SUSPECTED, not absolutely for sure confirmed) then give this a pass because f the parabens. If you're prone to excema the generous quantities of p. glycol in this might prompt an outbreak.

pepperminttea
January 6th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but has anyone else tried this version with these ingredients? I've got a tub of it to try, but most of the reviews I've read are either for the original version or the Sally's version, I'd really appreciate some feedback on how this reformulated version performs. :)

Freija
January 6th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Hi - I've just tried this! I've posted about it on the UK products thread, but on the whole I really like it. I'm willing to bet it's not as thoroughly moisturising as the previous version everyone raves about (my hair still feels a bit fluffy) and there isn't a lot of cone-y slip, but my hair is crazily thirsty and it's easily the best thing I've tried yet. If it keeps on working like this, I'm sticking with it!

Long_hair_bear
January 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Your hair is different, but my straight, medium hair did not like biolage anything one bit. It also did not like redken. It liked Sebastian a lot, but I stopped using that because of cones and sulfates. I now use abba and toadstool soaps conditioners.

pepperminttea
January 6th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks Freija, I replied on the UKers thread. :D

Long_hair_bear: I've never tried any of the others you've mentioned (though I've looked longingly at Toadstool's stuff), so I've nothing to compare to, but thanks for your feedback nonetheless. :) Is your hair generally not a fan of 'cones? (Mine likes some, but not others. Amodimethicone is my favourite. :crush: )

akilina
January 6th, 2012, 10:40 PM
when you buy "professional products" from walmart they are not guaranteed to be the real deal. alot of the time they are also expired and smell stale. that stuff is only 15 dollars at the salon i work at. its GREAT though!!! :) i hope it worked for you

Long_hair_bear
January 7th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks Freija, I replied on the UKers thread. :D

Long_hair_bear: I've never tried any of the others you've mentioned (though I've looked longingly at Toadstool's stuff), so I've nothing to compare to, but thanks for your feedback nonetheless. :) Is your hair generally not a fan of 'cones? (Mine likes some, but not others. Amodimethicone is my favourite. :crush: )

Mine is like yours. It loved sebastian drench's cones, but hated redken and biolage. Go figure..... Abba and toadstool are vegan and cone and sulfate free so I switched. Oh and FYI, if you try toadstool, blue lilac is an awesome scent. She sells travel sizes so you can test them out if you like. She has around 100 scents I believe. :)