PDA

View Full Version : I'm new :) Opinions?

sandybug36
September 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Hey all! I am new here, I've been lurking for a while and just now decided that its time to say hi to everyone! Anyways, I wanted to ask everyone's opinion on my hair here. The first picture is of my hair with a henna+indigo treatment, the second is with henna+indigo+serious fading (which is sort of the effect I get with a mix that is more henna and less indigo), and the third is my natural hair color. Basically, be honest with me, what looks best? :rolleyes: I know it sounds so lame but I am having a serious dilemma deciding whether to go back to my natural hair color or not! And what the heck length do you call this...mid back or something?

Anyways.. You all are wonderful and all opinions are welcome!
Have a wonderful day!!! :joy:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/sandybug36/IMG_5342.jpghttp://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/sandybug36/IMG_5456.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/sandybug36/Hairpic07-23-20114.jpg

slo2gro
September 12th, 2011, 04:24 PM
i like your natural colour.

WELCOME BTW

Roscata
September 12th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Hello sandybug36! Welcome to LHC!
I really like the color in the first photo (brown) I think it's beautiful. And yes, I would say that is mid back length.:D

HairFaerie
September 12th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Welcome!

I like the third picture (your natural color) the best. Your hair seems in better condition in the last pic too. More shiny. I love your natural color! Very pretty!

As far as length. You are beyond Bra Strap Length (BSL) and headed to waist length (which is the next major milestone after BSL). Only a few inches to go!

sandybug36
September 12th, 2011, 04:31 PM
You guys are all so friendly! :) My hair looks pretty dry in all of these pictures unfortunately, and right after the henna-indigo it looked downright fried! (first pic) so that may be a little misleading. Hmm... I'm going to have to start keeping tabs on the votes, so far one for dark brown and one for natural!

sandybug36
September 12th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Oops...missed one for natural. 2natural and 1darkbrown :)

Roscata
September 12th, 2011, 04:34 PM
You guys are all so friendly! :) My hair looks pretty dry in all of these pictures unfortunately, and right after the henna-indigo it looked downright fried! (first pic) so that may be a little misleading. Hmm... I'm going to have to start keeping tabs on the votes, so far one for dark brown and one for natural!

For some reason i thought dark brow was your natural color, silly me. I'd like to now change my vote to your natural color. :D

Kiwiwi
September 12th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I love red so I vote for that one.
But I'd want to see how the colour actually suits your face (eyes, skin, etc) to really say what I think suits you best. But, I love the red. I also like the lightest one.

spidermom
September 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I like the natural color, too. I would imagine that it changes a lot with the light.

AcornMystic
September 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Which hair color looks best is sooo hard to choose because:

1.) I have naturally dark chocolate hair and have been coming to terms with it really digging it

2.) I used to be a red head when I was little until for some reason my hair started growing out dark brown and so dyed my hair red for years once introduced to dye to get it the way it used to be and so I drool at red heads enviously.. and

3.) I support virgin hair all the way starting to grow my hair out and keep it that way forevers and evers from now on (possibly doing dip dye only in the future so I can easily chop it off when I want all virgin again.)

I can offer no substantial advice except that I am really digging the fairy tale ends in the first pic. I also want to welcome you to LHC where I hope all your questions can be answered and you can give us a few tips too.:D

sun-kissed
September 12th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Welcome to LHC, Sandy! :flower:
I must say that I *love* your natural color, it is very pretty! Of course, I'm a blonde as well, so I guess I might be biased in that way. :D But it is very healthy and shiney as well in the last picture.

NotInPortland
September 12th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I love your natural colour and hey, natural means less maintenance yay! Welcome to the LHC :)

Auburn_locks
September 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I really love the red it's gorgeous! However, if I had your colour naturally I would definitely rock it. I'd love to be blonde but there's no non-damaging way to get there from where I am (that I know of.. anyone? :p) therefore my vote goes for natural!

vrle
September 12th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I prefer the last photo, the blonde hair. It matches you skincolor best in the picture (but the depth and warmth of colors in real life can be distorted by the picture and/or my laptop screen...)
I personally feel that blonde hair looks great, even if it's not super super healthy. As long as it's not a bottle blonde colour, it looks classy...

sandybug36
September 12th, 2011, 04:49 PM
You guys are super helpful I love it! Haha
Ok so basically natural is winning by a landslide with 7 votes and red kind of got 1 :)

AcornMystic - I actually haven't had a trim at all in like a year but for some reason my hair looks like it has fairytale ends in some pics and sometimes it doesn't :confused: I can't wait until I have serious undeniable fairytale ends :disco:

sandybug36
September 12th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Oh and just for reference, here are some pics to compare with my skin tone etc. First one is with brown hair, second is red, and third is natural. Sorry they aren't great but I tried :) http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/sandybug36/IMG_5349.jpghttp://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/sandybug36/IMG_5495.jpghttp://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/sandybug36/Meandabby2.jpg

Libbylou
September 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM
At first I was going to say your natural color. Then I saw the facial pictures. Wow, the red really makes your blue eyes pop. What is that animal on your head. lol.

mom2fourgirls
September 12th, 2011, 05:39 PM
definitely the natural color

spidermom
September 12th, 2011, 05:40 PM
My guess; that's a sugar glider?

Wow on the red; it does make your eyes pop! I think I have to change my vote for the red.

The blonde is nice, too. The only one I do not like is the brown.

swearnsue
September 12th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I think I like the Red the best, it looks so shiny and goes with your eyes beautifully. But I also like your "hat" in the 3rd picture!

Rocket22
September 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Yup I too was all for the natural but I do have to say I like the red too!! that would be hard call for sure. But in my opinion if it's that close a call, natural is best and for sure would be the easiest to take care of.

Mesmerise
September 12th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hmm...well I think your natural colour is really lovely, but the red also suits you a lot (and I may be prejudiced cause I love red hair :D).

However, for maintenance etc... I'd probably go with natural. Henna is awful to grow out if you get sick of it!!

Personally I henna my hair right now because I'm going gray and don't like it at all!!! However, if I wasn't... I think I'd be working towards natural just for convenience.

emelnd
September 12th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Love the natural color, and then the red. They are pretty close though. Won't it be hard for you to go back to your natural color? I thought the only way to get hennaed color of was cut it off...

Edit: You have a very pretty face.

BlazingHeart
September 12th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I was going to vote for your natural color, as you've got a really rich, lovely shade of blonde, but I'll admit that the red really looks good with your eye-color, too.

btw, midback is usually between waist and hip, though that doesn't seem to be as settled a definition as the other lengths. So you're between BSL (bra strap length) and waist.

~Blaze

emelnd
September 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Also, how about strawberry blonde, like that baby vampire girl Jessica on true blood? That is in between your red and your blonde.

If you aren't following that show:
http://www.trueblood-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/s2-15.jpg

Teazel
September 12th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I think your natural colour is lovely, but the red does go so well with your pretty eyes and skin. Hmm... I suppose it comes down to how hard you want to work, since natural is so much easier to maintain!

silverjen
September 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I prefer your natural color--it's lovely and warm. But you could bring some warmer tones in without committing to full-on henna by just using a henna gloss, no? It would be less of a color change, so it would be easier to grow out eventually. Henna/cassia also might be something to think about.

bluesnowflake
September 12th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I would say mid-back, and I like the redder one- it makes your eyes stand out and it's beautiful!

luxepiggy
September 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Love your natural colour! (^(oo)^)v

Edit: I'm going to go against the crowd here on the red. While I agree it does make your eye colour pop, it also brings out a ruddiness in your complexion in both the back- and front-facing photos. Your natural colour is more flattering to your skin tone and overall complexion.

willbe
September 12th, 2011, 07:37 PM
hi
i think the first picture (with a henna+indigo treatment) you hair look very nice

;-)

Maktub
September 12th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Natural !!

and welcome !! :)

agoddess2die4
September 12th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I was thinking the brown or the blond at first, but the face pictures changed my mind to red or blond. Your eyebrows are quite light and I personally think hair looks best if it's close to or lighter than your eyebrows, looks more natural since eye brows are usually darker. The red looked rather natural, which can happen with some blonds. I personally love red on someone if they can pull it off.

jojo
September 12th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I love the red on you, it makes you look very Irish looking and id say your BSL or maybe just past.

sandybug36
September 12th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I cannot believe how helpful everyone is here, and I have completely lost count of the votes haha! I would go for a henna gloss to get some of the red but unfortunately that leaves me with an insane bright orange color which makes me look like a raggedy anne doll! I am a pretty pink/red looking person as it is so that "too red" really doesn't suit me. I think I will stick to cassia for a while and keep letting the henna fade/grow out (my hair does not hold color well at all!) So I guess ultimately, natural wins!!! Thanks everyone for your honest input I really appreciate it! My boyfriend will be bummed though because he really likes the dark brown :wigtongue

BTW my 'hat' is indeed a sugar glider, her name is Abby :)

long&blonde
September 12th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Tho I thought the first color very pretty;my vote is natural, very pretty!

invisiblebabe
September 12th, 2011, 08:42 PM
You are beautiful! I love your eyes, facial features, and freckles! :flower: You also have a stunning natural hair color.

I like the blonde best on you, with red as second. I don't care for the brown, and in the length picture with the brown, the last 3-4 inches of your hair look damaged (but they look healthy in the red and blonde pictures).

Abby is adorable, do you have more pictures of her as well? :D

spidermom
September 12th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Natural is easiest, for sure, and it looks good on you, too, so I think you've picked a winner.

sandybug36
September 12th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Thank you so much for your lovely compliments :) Unfortunately this is the only other picture I have of Abby on my laptop. I rescued her about five years ago, she was a problem child, (very aggressive and she hated people!) and her owners were at their wits end! I spent a lot of time rehabilitating her and then about a year ago a young autistic girl I met fell in love with her so I ended up giving Abby to her family. It turned out to be a great situation for all of them and they have a lot more time for her than I do at this point in my life! And we all lived happily ever after...:joy:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/sandybug36/Abby.jpg

invisiblebabe
September 14th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Thank you so much for your lovely compliments :) Unfortunately this is the only other picture I have of Abby on my laptop. I rescued her about five years ago, she was a problem child, (very aggressive and she hated people!) and her owners were at their wits end! I spent a lot of time rehabilitating her and then about a year ago a young autistic girl I met fell in love with her so I ended up giving Abby to her family. It turned out to be a great situation for all of them and they have a lot more time for her than I do at this point in my life! And we all lived happily ever after...:joy:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/sandybug36/Abby.jpg

Awww, I am glad Abby has a home where a kid loves her and benefits from her! I do think animals can help autistic people a lot - have you ever seen the movie Temple Grandin? It's based on a true story, she is an amazing lady in real life, and one of my friends has even met her in person!

I would love to get the chance to pet and hold a sugar glider one day!

kanaka
September 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Hi, Welcome to LHC. I love red color hair on you. you look awesome in it. By seeing your hair pics i thought to vote your natural color but changed my opinion by seeing your face pictures. Your hair is just pass BSL i guess :)

By the way, i love abby..... she is so cute and lovely

khrystyne572
September 14th, 2011, 12:49 PM
The first one I think is the prettiest.

emelnd
September 14th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Wonderful decision! I think your natural color is the best choice, but here is someone who put a little warm in her hair without looking like raggedy ann:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=59389&page=4

Lostsoule77
September 14th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm glad you're going to stick with your natural color. It really is the easiest thing to do and it's a lovely color. I do like the red slightly better, but that is because red hair is my favorite. It looked great with your eyes & freckles too. It just looked a tad off next to your eyebrows. The natural fits much better there. :)

I love Abby, she is adorable. I'm glad she found such a good home. I almost adopted one a few years ago, but we just don't have a proper place for one.

SilentGuardian
September 14th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Your natural color is very pretty. I do like the red too :)

justgreen
September 14th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I can't pick. I really like the red, even though you have a ruddy complection. I do too, but I was born with my paternal grandmother's dark auburn hair with my mother's (both mom and dad are blondes) ruddiness. So I highlight, and I couldn't be happier.

What are YOU happiest with?