PDA

View Full Version : the monthly dusters club!

jojo
June 30th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Well i have swapped and changed my routine. I was going to not cut at all until next February but I like my hair to look blunt.

I hardy ever S&D as it sends me cross eyed and seeming as most my splits are at the very tips of my hair, it makes sense to me to just dust once a month. Thats not to say i won't chop if I see a branch like hair emerging from my hair.

I dust every 1st of the month and take just - <---- this much off the very ends.

I have found my hair still gets 1/2" or more growth a month despite my dusting's. I also have layers, which I don't dust, haven't touched them in just over 2.5 years, they are catching up nicely now.

So anybody want to join me in having a monthly dust?

MsBubbles
July 1st, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hey I'm considering this too, as an otherwise non-trimmer. I was also going to wait to trim until either splits started showing up, or most layers got to BSL good 'n' proper. However, I'm tempted to dust. Before I found this website or even committed to growing my hair to waist (genes willing!), earlier this year I 'dusted' my below-chin length side-layers because they looked so straggly.

Hmm, not sure yet :). When I look at my ends in the mirror over my shoulder, they look pretty thin and I want to dust them. But then when I take a monthly growth update photo in the mirror, the ends look way thicker than I thought. Maybe my camera is lying to me.

jojo
July 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM
I have noticed my ends are thickening up slightly since i started dusting, funny it really doesn't seem to affect my growth.

Did a itsy dust this evening, so little I couldn't even see the hair id cut off!

I never cut for 2.5 years and my growth just stalled, now its back on track!

This was my hair in November 07, the layers are so obvious and the ends well ratty. My recent length is in my signature!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0003-2.jpg

eta- cool we are the same length too!

Deborah
July 1st, 2008, 09:58 PM
Oh wait...you mean HAIR not FURNITURE. I guess I'm not in after all.;)

Jeni
July 2nd, 2008, 01:26 AM
I'm interested in dusting my hair, but I don't understand how you do it. My hair isn't that long,(Its about your length jojo ) I cant even S&D the back, so how would I trim the hair? I'm thinking of conning my mother into helping me, but she is nervous she will mess it up.

Maybe I am over thinking this...?

DARtheSTAR
July 3rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
I'm very curious about how you do the dusting as well :)