PDA

View Full Version : Fructis Nutri repair mask

Buffy
September 12th, 2011, 03:31 AM
So i read some very good reviews on the Gernier Fructis nutri repair triple action conditioner....i couldn't find the conditioner anywhere , so instead i got the mask.

I already had some masks but as it turns out they all contain protein, and since my shampoo does too (Tigi Superstar sulfate free shampoo) , i didn't want to over do it with the protein.

1) Any thoughts on the Tigi superstar shampoo?

2) Have you tried the mask? Here are the ingredients:

Water , cetearyl alcohol , behentrimonium chloride , PEG-180 , Cetyl esters , Niacinamide , Ribes nigrum oil/black currant seed oil , saccharum , sugar cane extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose , Olive fruit oil , Trideceth-6 , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Camellia Sinesis leaf extract , Benzyl alcohol , Apple fruit extract , Pyridoxine HCI, Avocado oil , Methylparaben, Shea butter, Citric acid , Cetrimonium chloride , Butylphenyl , Methylpropional, Lemon peel extract , Fragrance

I -newby as i am- can't see any cones or protein, am i right? Does this seem good to you? I would be obliged if you answered :o

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 12th, 2011, 03:47 AM
In my opinion, the whole tigi thing, would not work, least for my hair because tigi never works for me. Whats your hair type? I have fine hair, and even when shampoo is sulfate free, it still does a number with my hair because its both fine and dry. So i dont even shampoo. (Sounds gross, but i co-wash and use protein treatments every 2 weeks or whenever my hair starts to just look dry and brittle.)
I would find out how much protein your hair can even handle, considering everyones hair is different. We dont know your hair type, what you are lacking be it moisture or protein, but. Im also new, so maybe my opinion will not matter as much :P

caiti42
September 12th, 2011, 04:12 AM
I would use it. In fact when my current mask runs out I plan on buying it. For a while it's going to be trial and error to see what your hair does and does not like. Try new things slowly so you can see what works and what doesn't. Stick to one new product at a time.

As for the Tigi I was planning on trying it but I now co-wash mostly so the tiny bottle of shampoo is lasting me forever when I use it to clarify.

Protiens will be trial and error as well. My hair HATES them and I avoid them like the plague. You may find your hair loves them though.

Goodluck!

Buffy
September 12th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks for your responses!

@Rebeccalaurenxx My hair is fine too! Naturally blonde(which in most cases means fine hair) and pretty straight.They are not super flat , but they definitelly need volume. But since i have highlights done every 3-4 months or so and because they are so fine they get pretty damaged at the ends. I've used the Tigi shampoo 3 times and it makes my hair look nice and pretty soft.

I honestly can't figure out what my hair needs. Other than "softness" i can't observe much of a difference no matter what products i use!

How is the CO method working out for you?

@caiti42 Yeah, i know i should experiment for a bit before finding out what works.

So, am i right? Are there any proteins or cones in this mask? It leaves my hair VERY soft my the way.

Chetanlaiho
September 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Aww, the only time I saw this one for sale (in Germany) it had cones so I didn't get it (same for the leave-in conditioner and detangle spray)

Buffy
September 12th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Anyone? ... :(

Mannaz
September 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Yep, I would use the mask! The nutri repair conditioner is one of the very few commercial things that I really like, and the INCI in the mask seems to be almost identical with the conditioner. Also I'd imagine the mask is more expensive, so if you find the condish you could just buy that, add some oils or whatever work for you and have an inexpensive hair mask :) Just a thought!

There are some ingredients in the INCI that I don't recognize but I don't see any proteins or cones, it should be moisturizing before anything else. :)

Edit: about the Tigi shampoo, I've never tried it so can't help with that, sorry!

Buffy
September 12th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Yep, I would use the mask! The nutri repair conditioner is one of the very few commercial things that I really like, and the INCI in the mask seems to be almost identical with the conditioner. Also I'd imagine the mask is more expensive, so if you find the condish you could just buy that, add some oils or whatever work for you and have an inexpensive hair mask :) Just a thought!

There are some ingredients in the INCI that I don't recognize but I don't see any proteins or cones, it should be moisturizing before anything else. :)

Edit: about the Tigi shampoo, I've never tried it so can't help with that, sorry!

Thank you for your answer sweety!!:cheer:

Yesterday i washed my hair with shampoo and then put the mask ALL over my hair, from roots to ends......i have NEVER felt my hair smoother and softer!! I was so freakin impressed!! And my scalp feels so healthy , and NOT greasy at all....the contrary i would say, it feels cleaner than ever!!
And the SMELL!!! My boyfriend kept asking me "what on earth did you do with your hair, they smell amazing" . Yey!!:joy::joy: Totally recommend it!

Mannaz
September 13th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Sounds like you found the perfect product, that's great! Maybe I'll mix something up with the conditioner, I haven't done that in a loooong time and your experience inspired me :D Though I would love to try the mask too!

Buffy
September 13th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Sounds like you found the perfect product, that's great! Maybe I'll mix something up with the conditioner, I haven't done that in a loooong time and your experience inspired me :D Though I would love to try the mask too!

I tell ya, i'm really impressed!
Today both my mom and my brother(who of course, as a guy , NEVER pays attention to such things) separately told me how shiny my hair looks! Plus it has so much volume, it looks as if i washed it 2 minutes ago.

I strongly suggest a try to anyone, because , after all, even if it doesn't have such lovely results on other people's hair, at least it's a rather cheap purchase, so you won't be crying over your money, even if it ends up not working :joy::joy:
Much better than ALL of the "high end" masks and conditioners i've tried.