PDA

View Full Version : SO. Im bringing snoods back.

Blackfire
September 11th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Just letting everyone know, Im bringing 'em back! HAHA, I just died my bangs stop light red, and I have a pretty red and black beaded snood that Im going to pile my hair in and let my emo fringe and side locks fall out of the front. I have a black a read sweetheart vintage dress and some hot black heals.

LETS ALL BRING THE SNOOD BACK! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

julierockhead
September 11th, 2011, 09:42 PM
OMG, pictures please.

MeganE
September 11th, 2011, 09:46 PM
OMG, pictures please.

Seconded!!

Blackfire
September 11th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Oh there will be bwhahahahaha!

supbanana
September 12th, 2011, 12:24 AM
How exciting!! I bet those are so much fun to make, as well. I'd never heard of them before your post.

archel
September 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I'd love to get a nice snood, maybe I'll check etsy!

CurlyMopTop
September 12th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Lol. I just bought one from Clair's Labor Day weekend because I thought they were kind of stylish! Haha.... I didn't know that's what they're called. I paid $3.oo for it. Is that a good deal? :)

spidermom
September 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Sorry I can't join the movement, but I so much don't like a snood.

Jessica Trapp
September 12th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I love snoods! Photos, please!

AcornMystic
September 12th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I jumped with delight when I saw the title of this thread. I will totally bring the snood back with you!! I first saw the snood in Ever After starring Drew Barrymore and Anjelica Huston and I was so jealous of Drew`s hair when she dressed up as a noble woman wearing one. It contained her long hair yet left something so beautiful to look at. I finally found out what it was called when I looked up hair throughout the ages. I`m really digging the Renaissance hairstyles. I`m gonna bring back the middle-ages!! .... one hair style at a time.:D:cheese: ..... Once my hair grows longer that is...

slz
September 12th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Could anybody link a picture of what you mean by "snood" ? My google gives me conflicting information.

Pantha
September 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Please put a pic, I'd love it if they did come back in, I love it when something cool become fashionable again.

freecelt
September 12th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Check out the 2nd pic on this site slz :) HTH
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip199.htm

slz
September 12th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks freecelt, not surprised that it's not what seems to be called "snood" in french (stupid thing - if you're going to use a foreign word, at least use it correctly, duh).
Anyway, OP : I second (third - or more ?) the need for pics when you can !

Kibeth
September 12th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Pfft. I was bringing snoods back circa 2005. /hipster

Please post pictures, that sounds like it looks great. The biggest problem I've found with snoods is that the elastic headband gets loose after a bit. Mine don't work anymore :(

SilverMcFly17
September 12th, 2011, 04:03 PM
$3.00 for a Snood is a great deal. The cheapest I've found them was for $5.00. I'm trying to resurrect my crochet skills to make one. It's not going that great. I may have one by Christmas. lol I love them and want one in every color.

Lady Dragon
September 12th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I had to google SNOOD.
They're interesting but I think I'd laugh if they became a 'mainstream' fashion these days... they're cool on some but not on everyone I guess is what I figure.

Blackfire
September 12th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I crochet mine. I got some cherry red thread and hooked in some black pearls. It stays on with side combs instead of a elastic and its very netty. its like a red fishnet, lolololol :cheer:

swetiepeti
September 13th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Have some as I like to go to renaisance fairs and dress Italian.

SilverMcFly17
September 13th, 2011, 10:13 AM
:laugh:Blackfire My birthday is this Saturday, feel free to send me one. ;) haha. okay just kidding. I'm jealous of your mad crochet skills.

fluffybunny
September 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I'll sit this one out. The snood just has structural problems. You've got this big heavy wad of hair in a decorative little bag all suspended by... what exactly? Little combs? In the hair on top of your head? I'd be futzing with it constantly to ensure it was still attached up at the top.

ladyfey
September 13th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I have several, they are handy!

hs_atreides
September 13th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I love snoods!! pics?! :)

Cainwen
September 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I'll sit this one out. The snood just has structural problems. You've got this big heavy wad of hair in a decorative little bag all suspended by... what exactly? Little combs? In the hair on top of your head? I'd be futzing with it constantly to ensure it was still attached up at the top.

I think the snoods I wore were a bit thicker/more covering than what these lovely ladies are talking about, but mine had elastic. Kinda like a soft headband with a crocheted bag attached. I put my hair in a loose bun before I put on the snood, so it wasn't bearing all the weight of my hair. These are what I have http://www.coveryourhair.com/WomensSnoods1.html

If it ever cools off enough here that I can stand to have something on the back of my neck, I'll help bring snoods back.

SilverMcFly17
September 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Most people skip trusting the elastic fully and secure with bobby pins or cute, decorative clips. My hair has too much sleep to keep a head band in let alone one of these. I just bobby pin everything anyways.

In2wishin
September 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
This is the kind I wear at times. The bow is on a barrette so I pull my hair back into a pony, clip on the barrette, and pile my hair in the net. The weight is taken by the barrette so the net doesn't stretch out. It might be too small for someone with really thick hair but for mine it works.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/Bl-PICwCGkKGrHqYOKjIEtlduqiBLd3vLB6g_12.jpg

I also have one of these. The jaquard ribbon becomes a self tie in the back.

http://www.headcoverings-by-devorah.com/headcoverings_jacquardband_snoods.htm

beez1717
September 13th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Lol. I was thinking of the puzzle bubble like game called snood! What a world away these things are.

faithsdaisy421
September 13th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I love snoods, though I haven't worn one in ages! I am looking at some links though, and am suddenly feeling quite motivated to purchase a new one...

DTsgirl
September 13th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I love snoods but I only have one that I got on coveryouhair.com (AWESOME site, by the way). I keep it on with those little metal clips the you open and close by flexing. . . like these, but without the grippies: http://www.goody.com/#/grid/stayput/products/slide-proof_hold__snap_clips (Although that is a great idea)