PDA

View Full Version : One month.

Columbia River
September 11th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I've been growing my hair for one month. At LHC I have learned to stretch washings, use a very diluted Suave Natural, (who knew?! ;)), go blowfry free, take my vitamins, added biosil and biotin, keep my hair out of my sight with a hairband, and that I WANT hair long and silky like Eric the Great! ;)

...so when will it grow? Sigh, it's a long journey.

Shelly
September 11th, 2011, 05:15 PM
All you can do is take good care of it, protect it as it grows longer, and have lots and lots of patience. Long hair takes a long time to get. Hair grows an average of .5" monthly. Some grow faster, others grow slower. Just be patient. It'll grow.

xoxophelia
September 11th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I think when you first start out it does you more good to focus on things like the texture of your hair. In my case, when I joined LHC my hair was damaged from heat and dye and I was growing out my virgin color (still am but I have very long roots). Focusing on things like how silky the new hair was really helped me :)

Finding tiny milestones makes the journey worth it. And then step by step your progress will add up and you will be a long hair.

supbanana
September 12th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Hair is definitely an exercise in patience... so much patience. :boohoo:

But, before you know it it'll be on its way, and you get to have fun with different hairstyles in the meantime!

C.H.
September 12th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I can sympathize. I'm so grateful I discovered LHC when my hair was already long. I think I would have died of impatience if I were attempting to grow it out from a bob or something. But you are in great company here on LHC--the place is filled with shorties sharing their growing out journey.

jojo
September 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM
It takes time, patience and good care. Nearly 6 years in my case, try not to obsess too much even though its hard, your hair will grow just give it time.

teal
September 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Haha, I feel your pain. Busy yourself in other things like PP suggested. Benign neglect goes a long way, too... just put it back (gently) and forget about it. Before you know it, you'll have another inch or two!