PDA

View Full Version : Help find the oil shampoo thread pls

ladonna
September 11th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Sorry I can't find it. Can someone link it or tell me if I'm suppose to clarify when my hair is saturated?

celebriangel
September 11th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure the thread was closed because some unpleasant stuff was said in it.

I really wouldn't recommend the method - I've heard so many tales of people who said, oh, it works fine for a while, then half your hair is covered in split ends.

At saturation, though, I believe you're supposed to do a shampoo-only wash, then resume the oil/shampoo combo but with less oil than before. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will step in here.

pepperminttea
September 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Here's the thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57025). The general advice at saturation is to use shampoo only, and then alternate oil shampoo washes with shampoo only washes. Personally I'd go back to an old wash method of yours that worked well for you, avoiding products with coconut oil in for a while. :)

ladonna
September 11th, 2011, 03:46 PM
THanks ladies :) I'll try CO for a while, does that sound ok?

ladonna
September 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I also have another question. I cut off all the damaged hair, so I'm at below shoulder length but my hair still looks the same. I've never paid much attention to my hair before joining LHC so I can't tell if my hair is damaged or if I just have an odd texture. Could someone let me know based off my avatar picture?

pepperminttea
September 11th, 2011, 04:54 PM
CO sounds like a good idea. :) Your hair in your avatar looks good to me, but it's difficult to tell. For me the damage pre-hair forums took a while to go - once the dye damage was cut off, I was still abusing my hair with rough brushing and handling. After that, it takes a while for the good work to show up - keep going! :D

ladonna
September 11th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Thank you Pepperminttea, I'll try to be patient.

McFearless
September 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Coarse hair will always feel different than fine hair. I'm trying to accept it myself. There are loads of benefits to coarse hair on the flip side. Its generally much stronger than fine hair and looks much thicker if thats what you're going for. Keep up the good work and try not to look at it too much. :)

P.S - the oil shampoo thread is closed but its still around if you want to read it. It'll never be opened again though. I believe someone else made a thread to discuss the method further. I'll try to find it..

And here ya go:
old http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57025
newhttp://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65063

ladonna
September 11th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Thank you McFearless. I'm trying to accept my hair, I'm a different ethnity as most of my family and the people in my community so it's hard when your "different." I'll get use to it, this is also part of the reason I've always kept my hair in a bun, I'm always thinking there's something wrong with my hair.