PDA

View Full Version : This is so sad

missoj
September 11th, 2011, 02:06 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhf2fdstZRISp5MRI7

The link above is to a woman putting a relaxer (perm) in her daughter's hair, but it is burning her head, and while the daughter is trying to rinse it out due to the burning sensation her mom is more concerned about working the product through her head and her son(?) is laughing while filming it.

I felt really sorry for the girl.

Cleopatra18
September 11th, 2011, 02:18 PM
wow :(:(

spidermom
September 11th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Terrible!
Of course, we don't know the whole story. This video may have been acted out for this particular web site.

Or the girl may be a drama queen who complains about everything.

Still - it looked pretty terrible to me.

pepperminttea
September 11th, 2011, 02:27 PM
It's the guy in the background laughing that really gets to me. :(

Don't read the comments, they're mostly racist fodder.

missoj
September 11th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I didn't look at the comments. Just watched the clip was too shocked.
EDIT: I went back to the video as I found it via a search and did not realise that it is not a family friendly site. APOLOGIES

Ithonna
September 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I don't understand why the mother was doing it at home. Those chemicals can be very harmful and should only be used by a professional. I had perms when I was little, (note my siggy) and they NEVER burned my scalp. But it isn't my head of hair nor is she my daughter and I have no place to talk about the things that the mother and daughter do. /endrant.

Badwolf
September 11th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I don't understand why the mother was doing it at home. Those chemicals can be very harmful and should only be used by a professional. I had perms when I was little, (note my siggy) and they NEVER burned my scalp. But it isn't my head of hair nor is she my daughter and I have no place to talk about the things that the mother and daughter do. /endrant.

Doing your own relaxer at home can be perfectly safe if you know what you are doing. I'd say it's probably about 50/50 between people who choose to do it at home and those who choose to go to a salon to get it done. Either way, it contains harsh chemicals and you do have to know what you are doing. I spent years before I decided to embrace my curls relaxing my own hair off and on. The first time I had it done as a teenager, my mom took me to a salon to get it done, but every time after that I did it myself, and I never ended up with a burned scalp.

AcornMystic
September 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
If that was real, wow. I would be outraged if my mother tried to force me to do that, but she's never really been forceful woman and I would NEVER do that to any future children and would try to encourage them to take the natural route with all natural products.

If I understood what they were saying correctly it was the daughter's choice to get the perm. I thought I heard the mother quoting her what she was saying about not shampooing her hair wanting a perm and all and she was basically saying to her daughter to take it like a woman and deal. There was so much going on it was a little hard to understand so i could be wrong, but yeesh. The things mother's will do to their daughters... Granted, what spidermom said could be true.

Yame
September 11th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I hope her scalp was okay after that...

Blond On Blond
September 11th, 2011, 05:02 PM
The daughter wanted her hair relaxed. Why I personally would never allow my underage child to put any harmful chemicals on her/his head, I see no big deal about this video. Besides the fact the kid being overly dramatic. She does laugh herself a few times, clearly it wasn't as bad as it looks at first glance.
BTW, she looks old enough to rinse her own hair, why is the mom doing it???

jojo
September 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I don't know if that was a set up but wow they could have washed the dishes up! but i wanted to smash the mum and that lads face in..if it was real!

Auryn
September 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Just to through in my two cents, I don't think it was burning her scalp. It almost seemed like she may have gotten some in her eyes.

mallorykay13
September 12th, 2011, 04:46 PM
This is just sad.

Carolyn
September 12th, 2011, 04:52 PM
The girl seemed like a drama queen to me :shrug: I thought the sad part was that someone taped it and put it on YouTube.

ETA: Not YouTube but some other video site. Sorry.

mallorykay13
September 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM
If she didn't want it done she shouldn't have had to...