PDA

View Full Version : hairstylist from heaven!!!

leslissocool
September 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
So my husband band member and dear friend is going out with this super gorgeous girl. Last night at our friend's wedding we met her.

Not only is she gorgeous, she has the best hair I have seen on ANYONE. Not damaged, well styled and a color that was just to die for. Her curls bounced and were so gorgeous I couldn't believe she has pitch straight hair naturally!

Now that my hair is getting long, it seems that every hairstylist I meet wants to do something to it. So when she told me she was dying to do something with it, I was kind of :rolleyes: and told her that I don't bleach/dye or use heat and that I and growing it long. I also told her that I was growing damage that I had previously, and that I use henna.

Well to my surprise, she told me that she loves henna and that what she wanted to do was help me grow it nicely. she told me that she wanted to even my hemline, and that she thought that I didn't need much trimming. She was literally LHC friendly, and encouraged me to grow my hair long and healthy.

:crush: I am not going to lie, I fell in love with her!!! I can't wait to get my hair done. I have been wanting to trim my hair but have been scared that I'll walk out with 6 inches less, instead of just trimming the 4 inches I want. She was so in tune with what I wanted and how long I wanted to grow, she even told me that after classic my texture would look great with a blunt cut which is what I wanted to do :cloud9:.

longcurlygirl<3
September 11th, 2011, 02:06 PM
That's amazing! :) hard to find people out of our LHC-members hehe. You should have token a picture :)

Lostsoule77
September 11th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Sounds like you might be in luck. I hope she can really help you achieve your goals for you hair. :)

spidermom
September 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
It definitely sounds like you found a keeper.

Barb
September 11th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hey, rock on!

It's great to find a stylist that's into really healthy, long hair and not all chop-happy. She sounds like a real treasure.

I just started talking to a stylist who's got a similar open mind about henna and other stuff. She's really into updos, which is cool. She's French, so her mindset is just a little different than your average American, y'know?

supbanana
September 12th, 2011, 12:50 AM
That's so refreshing!

I haven't found a stylist in years that I can talk to without cringing (back combing is never the answer!).

leslissocool
September 12th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Thank you all for your replies! I really wanted to share this, specially because there are thousands of horror stories here regarding hair dressers. I know sometimes it's like finding water in the middle of the dessert, but there ARE good ones that will work with you and that love long hair. After talking to her in a gruop, another girl who had a blunt cut, virgin classic length asked her to do something with her hair to make it look more fashionable. After hearing our talk about length and care and henna she approached us and started to talk about her hair (as I drooled over it! It was gorgeous).

That's amazing! :) hard to find people out of our LHC-members hehe. You should have token a picture :)
There are pictures, the Photographer took them so I want to get a copy! DH said her hair looked like Medussa's, alive an bouncy and just pretty. She is also a very pretty girl, I was really happy when the band member introduced her to us as his girlfriend.

Hey, rock on!

It's great to find a stylist that's into really healthy, long hair and not all chop-happy. She sounds like a real treasure.

I just started talking to a stylist who's got a similar open mind about henna and other stuff. She's really into updos, which is cool. She's French, so her mindset is just a little different than your average American, y'know?

Yeah I totally know. However I don't think it's because she is not american, when I lived in Italy the family hairstylist (that worked for Vogue Italia, you can imagine how good he was! his wife had long luscious hair!) encouraged me to chop, chop, chop. I looked great, but I saw him like once every 2 years :p because he chopped it all off.

That's so refreshing!

I haven't found a stylist in years that I can talk to without cringing (back combing is never the answer!).

I know me too, that's why this girl was such a surprise. She told me she had done henna on her clients who wanted to salvage the bleach wreckage. I was just :agape: speechless for a while. I will be recommending her to everyone I know who wants to grow their hair out!

I don't know how truth this is, but I find that I look at the stylist's hair and usually decide weather or not I want to go with her. the hairdresser who gave me the really horrible chop when I moved to the US I specifically remember not liking her hair. it was long (bsl) but something about the way she wore it I really disliked, almost like it wasn't my taste. She gave me a mullet that then turned into a Monroe cut. (a bad one) when I asked for layers.

This girl's hair was like a work of art.