PDA

View Full Version : Full Moon Monday-Who's going to trim?

swearnsue
September 11th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Tomorrow night (9/12) is a Full Moon and according to Some it is a good time to trim or cut our hair. Is anyone planning a trim or a cut or even a search and destroy of split ends tomorrow night?:shrug:

Hairizona
September 11th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I thought that this was not a good time to trim for length as Virgo is a "dry" time?

swearnsue
September 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Oh, hmmm... it's not as simple as I thought. I read somewhere that cutting on full moon creates thickness and cutting on new moon creates length. I think I saw that on the Nightblooming Panacea website. When is the next "good" time to trim hair in your opinion? I've got a bit I want to trim, but at the best time!

Shelly
September 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I've trimmed according to the Morrocco Method Lunar Chart since I've been trimming my own hair and according to it, today and tomorrow are perfect for trimming for thickness and since my hair is so thin naturally, I need the thickness so I will be trimming today. I don't always trim for thickness but I try to put it in there from time to time.

Cassie 123
September 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I'm going in for a trim on the autumn equinox, which is Sep 22-23 this year. I also like the idea of S&Ding at the start of the waxing moon for growth; I may try this when my hair gets long enough for me to really see. I don't follow the astrological signs, though.

swearnsue
September 11th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I've trimmed according to the Morrocco Method Lunar Chart since I've been trimming my own hair and according to it, today and tomorrow are perfect for trimming for thickness and since my hair is so thin naturally, I need the thickness so I will be trimming today. I don't always trim for thickness but I try to put it in there from time to time.

I'm growing out a pixie and I'm at the point where the hair is longer on the front/side than the ears. So I'm going to trim just a bit off the front/side to be more of the same length as the ears. If that makes sense.
Shelly, how much have you decided to trim?

Shelly
September 11th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I'm growing out a pixie and I'm at the point where the hair is longer on the front/side than the ears. So I'm going to trim just a bit off the front/side to be more of the same length as the ears. If that makes sense.
Shelly, how much have you decided to trim?

I still don't know. What I'm going to do is measure before I trim, trim what I think needs to be trimmed then measure again afterwards to find out how much I actually trimmed off.

vanillabones
September 11th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I am going to trim September 27th since I haven't trimmed since May and my ends are dry and split from old bleach. It will be a New Moon (good for length growing) in Libra which is a good sign to cut on for fullness.
These are the dates I have saved to use for possible trims:
New Moon – September 27 - Libra
First Quarter – October 3 - Capricorn
Full Moon – November 10 - Taurus
New Moon – December 24 - Capricorn
Maybe the will help someone else.

Sookie
September 11th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I trimmed to the first quearter for more length.

Cowgirl16
September 11th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I need my thickness back! I will trim tonight, maybe about 1/2" or less :) Thank you for letting me know:D

swearnsue
September 11th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I went ahead and trimmed and I had to laugh because after all the planning the amount I trimmed off wasn't even 1/8 inch! BUT when I went to pick the little bit out of the sink I noticed that my hair looked thicker than it used to. Probably from the henna, or the castor oil, or the vitamins, or ??? It didn't even look like MY hair. Weird.

MyKing'sQueen
September 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I am going to trim September 27th since I haven't trimmed since May and my ends are dry and split from old bleach. It will be a New Moon (good for length growing) in Libra which is a good sign to cut on for fullness.
These are the dates I have saved to use for possible trims:
New Moon – September 27 - Libra
Full Moon – November 10 - Taurus
Maybe the will help someone else.
I was going to trim on the September 27th too after reading the thread about trimming by the moon))) I guess I will use your trimming schedule if you don't mind because I was getting confused with all this))

Ligeia_13
September 12th, 2011, 02:30 PM

This is my next date. If its actually grown enough for a trim.

Little_Bird
September 12th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I think I'm going to trim today for thickness :) It's also my 7th year aniversary so... ^^

mrs_coffee
September 12th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I trim at the New Moon. :)

pixiestar
September 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I was thinking of trimming on this date as well:D

Audrey Horne
September 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I plan 27th, I think it is a good day?..

MyKing'sQueen
September 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I trimmed my hair today thinking it was the 27th:doh: Should I trim again tomorrow??:confused:

Shelly
September 26th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I trimmed my hair today thinking it was the 27th:doh: Should I trim again tomorrow??:confused:

Today was a good day to trim for root work according to the Morrocco Method Lunar Chart. (https://morroccomethod.com/en/lunar-hair-chart) :)

FrozenBritannia
September 26th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I was thinking of trimming on this date as well:D

Me too! Easy to remember!

Shelly
September 26th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I'll be trimming again November 6.

omgitssarah
September 26th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'll be trimming my mini-mullet tomorrow.

MyKing'sQueen
September 27th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Today was a good day to trim for root work according to the Morrocco Method Lunar Chart. (https://morroccomethod.com/en/lunar-hair-chart) :)
Cool! I didn't look at the Morocco Method, hopefully my roots start to work:) Thanks, Shelly!:flower:

Shelly
September 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Cool! I didn't look at the Morocco Method, hopefully my roots start to work:) Thanks, Shelly!:flower:

You're welcome. I always look at the Morrocco Method. I've been using it to trim my hair since 2002, 2003. Somewhere around there. I learned about it about the same time I learned about Feye's self trimming methods and I've been using them both every since.

swearnsue
September 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM
The next Full Moon is October 11th. How did everyone's trim work out last full moon?

Shelly
September 27th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I know I've got a lot of new growth coming in but I don't know if it's a result of the trim on the 11th or the MN treatments but if I keep up on my trims every 8 weeks my ends will be thick and ready for the longer lengths in no time at all.

Kome
September 27th, 2011, 08:39 PM
The split end "search and destroy" might not be a bad idea for me.

The next Full Moon is October 11th. How did everyone's trim work out last full moon?

Omg, no way!!! That's when I take my big test and it's one month from my birthday. I picked that date for good luck AND it's a full moon?! Sweet! :cheese: