PDA

View Full Version : Is this any good??

Buffy
September 11th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Before coming across this forum and understanding SO much more about hair care (you guys are AWSOME and so willing to help others!!) i had bought a "thermic oil" that many of my friends had sugested!

It's by a brand called Renal and it's called Intense thermo therapy, but that's not importand because i don't think you ve heard of it!

Basically t is an autothermic (it gets warm on its own once applyed on the hair) oil which you apply on washed, wet hair, you leave it for a minute and then rinse it off.

It leaves my hair shiny as hell, soft and they feel very very clean, without any oiliness or coating.

Here are the ingridients:

Alcohol denat , Propylene Glycol , Myristyl alcohol , Aqua , Cetrimonium Chloride , Parfum , Panthenol , Cl 19140

.....so what do you think, should i keep using it or is it rubish? Plus....what is it exactly?? ..hahaha! :D

celebriangel
September 11th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Is that all the ingredients?

Alcohol Denat. is the first ingredient! Alcohol denat. is a drying alcohol. I wouldn't put this anywhere near my hair, particularly not in any product where it is the most prominent ingredient!

I have no idea why propylene glycol is the second ingredient. I know it's a humectant, but it also denatures protein - which is what hair is made of. I would tolerate it in very small quantities in my hair products, but not as the second ingredient, and certainly not if I were going to be leaving it on my hair!

I would RUN, not walk, from this stuff.

Shelly
September 11th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Is that all the ingredients?

Alcohol Denat. is the first ingredient! Alcohol denat. is a drying alcohol. I wouldn't put this anywhere near my hair, particularly not in any product where it is the most prominent ingredient!

I have no idea why propylene glycol is the second ingredient. I know it's a humectant, but it also denatures protein - which is what hair is made of. I would tolerate it in very small quantities in my hair products, but not as the second ingredient, and certainly not if I were going to be leaving it on my hair!

I would RUN, not walk, from this stuff.

I would have to agree.

Kathie
September 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
But, if its not drying out your hair, its not creating any damage, and it made it feel great, I would still use it from time to time.

CaityBear
September 11th, 2011, 01:19 PM
But, if its not drying out your hair, its not creating any damage, and it made it feel great, I would still use it from time to time.

If you were to still use it, I'd be very careful of it starting to dry out your hair over time.

Personally i wouldn't use it.

Kathie
September 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM
If you were to still use it, I'd be very careful of it starting to dry out your hair over time.

Personally i wouldn't use it.
Agreed. For me a product has to make my hair feel good for it to stay around. This one seems to work for her.

Buffy
September 11th, 2011, 03:10 PM
How strange is that....i've stoped using it for 2 weeeks now, since i'm following a different hair routine, but i was really wondering about it! Because it left my hair super soft and weightless. Ahhh i don't know :confused: What do you mean when you say "drying alcohol"? And why would they put it in a hair product if it was so damaging? pffff you can't trust anything anymore...

Roseate
September 11th, 2011, 03:24 PM
What do you mean when you say "drying alcohol"? And why would they put it in a hair product if it was so damaging?

Alcohol denat is the same as rubbing alcohol. It evaporates quickly and wicks water out of whatever you put it on. "Drying alcohol" is opposed to "fatty alcohol", like the myristyl alcohol which is also in your product. Fatty alcohols are emollients, moisturising and fine for hair.

The denatured alcohol may work as a powerful clarifying treatment, which would make your hair feel light and clean the first time you use this stuff, but would probably dry it out with repeated use. I'd proceed with caution.

racrane
September 11th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I also don't want to use something like that. My hair doesn't like drying alcohol effects.