PDA

View Full Version : Could it be true?

GabrielleRose
September 10th, 2011, 03:46 PM
In a video I was watching on youtube about this girl's hair care routine she said that combing in the shower will ultimately over time thin your hair out. Could this be true? If it is that freaks me out, because I comb in the shower... shudder:

luxepiggy
September 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Do you comb while you have conditioner in? If so, I don't see any problem. On the other hand, combing when your hair is wet, without the benefit of conditioner to add slip, could cause breakage, leading to thinner hair over time.

Lianna
September 10th, 2011, 03:58 PM
So many people comb in the shower, while conditioning, specially curlies. My hair would be thin and broken if I didn't comb while wet. You gotta do what's best for your hair, many people just comb dry too.

GabrielleRose
September 10th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Do you comb while you have conditioner in? If so, I don't see any problem. On the other hand, combing when your hair is wet, without the benefit of conditioner to add slip, could cause breakage, leading to thinner hair over time.

I comb my hair with conditioner in it, because I have crazy tangly hair.

So many people comb in the shower, while conditioning, specially curlies. My hair would be thin and broken if I didn't comb while wet. You gotta do what's best for your hair, many people just comb dry too.

Thank you, and you are absolutely right about doing what is best for you. :)

Shelly
September 10th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I comb my hair when I have the conditioner in it to make sure it's evenly distributed and that's it. I've done it that way for over 10 years and I've never had any problems with it.

GabrielleRose
September 10th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I comb my hair when I have the conditioner in it to make sure it's evenly distributed and that's it. I've done it that way for over 10 years and I've never had any problems with it.

I'm glad you haven't had any problems, because that is exactly what I do. :D

Madora
September 10th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I've been combing my hair (loaded with conditioner) in the shower for decades. Never noticed any thinning due to it.

It is HOW you comb that makes all the difference! Gently and slowly all the way!

GabrielleRose
September 10th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I've been combing my hair (loaded with conditioner) in the shower for decades. Never noticed any thinning due to it.

It is HOW you comb that makes all the difference! Gently and slowly all the way!

I'm glad you haven't noticed any thinning, because I comb in the shower with conditioner and comb gently as well.

LornaDoone
September 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I've been combing my hair out in the shower since I was a kid, and my mom combed it out while I was still in the bath when I was even younger. I now have a ponytail with a 4 inch plus circumference.

As long as you are not yanking the comb through your hair, you'll be fine. :D

Foxy_Booker
September 10th, 2011, 06:30 PM
wow I think I saw that video as well a few days ago and I remembered thinking, well I guess I'm ruining my hair then. I can't see how there would be any damage if you have conditioner in your hair and are gentle.

Thats what I do and if I didn't at least finger comb my hair then I would never be able to detangle it once I got out of the shower.

Dars
September 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I don't see any truth to that, but I'd always use a wide toothed comb with wet hair not a normal/fine toothed one.

GabrielleRose
September 10th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I've been combing my hair out in the shower since I was a kid, and my mom combed it out while I was still in the bath when I was even younger. I now have a ponytail with a 4 inch plus circumference.

As long as you are not yanking the comb through your hair, you'll be fine. :D

Wow, a 4 inch plus circumference? AWESOME!!! I really wish my hair was that thick.

Oh no, yanking ouch! When I ask my boyfriend to comb it for me and he tends to do that. :(

wow I think I saw that video as well a few days ago and I remembered thinking, well I guess I'm ruining my hair then. I can't see how there would be any damage if you have conditioner in your hair and are gentle.

Thats what I do and if I didn't at least finger comb my hair then I would never be able to detangle it once I got out of the shower.

I was thinking I was ruining my hair too. But I thought how could it be so damaging as I was doing it to detangle with conditioner?

I wouldn't be able to detangle either without combing it out in the shower.

GabrielleRose
September 10th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I don't see any truth to that, but I'd always use a wide toothed comb with wet hair not a normal/fine toothed one.

I use a wide toothed shower comb. ;)