PDA

View Full Version : While LHC was down, what did you do!?

nowxisxforever
March 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
While LHC was down, did you find anywhere else to let off your hair-steam, or did you just wait patiently? I went on TBB for a bit and continued going to longhair on LJ.

redpenny
March 7th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I visited The Beauty Bottle a lot just to read the forums since I am not a member there. I also visited a few other long hair websites here and there and I looked at long hair videos on youtube

silkenblacksea
March 7th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I went to The Long Hair Care Forum, and I also visited Long Hair Lovers.
But TBB was my home away from home.:)

Naluin
March 7th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I went to TBB and I spent a little time on Naturallycurly.com

Mostly, I just sort of took a hair vacation. I kept up my routine, but I thought about my hair a lot less while LHC was down. This was a good thing because it meant that I felt less obligated to "do something" with my hair and just let it be for a while. :)

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I had a life. It was weird. :lol:

Alba-NY
March 7th, 2008, 10:54 PM

That is hillarious!

I was living on Live Journal mostly. I googled and eBayed A LOT.
Honestly I have no idea how I made it! I was here all through the day before!

kimberlily
March 7th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I played on TBB :) Then they made me a mod :lol:

capelli lunghi
March 7th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Went to TBB!.. It was a life saver! LOL..

OK.. so I looked at the stats of the poll.. and this is what it says..

Nowhere. I waited patiently. 0 0%
Everywhere! I went on standard fashion forums and told them all about HAPPY hair practices. 2 15.38%
Nope, people IRL got the brunt of it for me. 0 0%
Yes! I went to TBB. 13 100.00%
Yes! I went to longhair. 2 15.38%
Yes! I went to another long-hair forum. [Tell us where!] 2 15.38%

How can there be a 100.00% and three 15.38%'s?.. LOL..

willowcandra
March 8th, 2008, 12:52 AM
While lhc was down I visited the network 54 one a couple of times but mostly I spent way too much time on facebook.:)

Wikky Grrl
March 8th, 2008, 01:33 AM
I lurked TBB boards when the waiting became too much to bear alone - yay for back up addictions!

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I went to net54, and then TBB. It wasn't the same though. Good to be back :)

Elbereth
March 8th, 2008, 01:59 AM
I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I ended up going nowhere! I didn't even visit the other longhair board (Longlocks Salon) I frequent. It was a total break from longhair world for me!

I experienced real life. How weird.

kettle
March 8th, 2008, 02:49 AM
I went to TBB - after about three weeks!! Before that I just refreshed the LHC homepage a lot and actually did some uni work... see you what drove me to, LHC!
I'm now a bit addicted to the skincare section of TBB though. Got a bit into Oil Cleansing and just bought myself some mineral makeup... like LHC isn't enough of a distraction ;)

Amnell
March 8th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I only stayed at my german board.
and damed i forgett all my english.

tiny_teesha
March 8th, 2008, 03:42 AM
went on like 20 hair sites and groups. Checked to see if LHC was working 3 times a day, tell people on question forums how to look after their hair naturally...lol
Not a whole lot of much!
I survived! suprised actually.

nastasska
March 8th, 2008, 03:47 AM

Don't worry you'll feel better in no time:cheese: :rollin:

blackcat905
March 8th, 2008, 03:59 AM
I hadn't been on LHC for a while, but it was down when I came back to look at it so I went to longhaircareforum.com which is aimed at those with afro hair but has some good universal hair tips.

greek_lady
March 8th, 2008, 04:00 AM
I learned about TBB only a couple of days ago and about Net54 a week ago or so. So I mostly stayed out of longhair forums. I did and do frequent a perfume oils' board though, which means I was still on the net quite a bit.

AprilElf
March 8th, 2008, 04:04 AM
I eventually found The Beauty Bottle and registered there - another lovely site that I shall continue to visit. ;)
There was LHC withdrawal, though!
:D

rhosyn_du
March 8th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I hung around TBB a bit, got some work in on my novel, and started filling in the holes in my sewing education.

zift
March 8th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I went to TBB :)but like I usually do I visited the loom as well.

trollkjerring
March 8th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I realised that I have a real life and first it felt very strange but I've got used to it after a few day and could enjoy it.

And I went to the beauty bottle to stay updated but posted only a few times.
trollkjerring

Alaia
March 8th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I still did not have a life.

I went briefly to TBB. I went to Ravelry. I also went to BBC iPlayer but those last two weren't options ;)

AJoifulNoise
March 8th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I went and ran my mouth at TBB. I lurked on the LJ longhair group and the Loom.

jel
March 8th, 2008, 06:50 AM
TBB. I'm not into any other hair/beauty boards... :o

eresh
March 8th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I waited patiently for the return of LHC and continued posting on the Dutch/Belgian hairforum Raponsje (http://raponsje.forumup.be/) :-)

Feisty Redhead
March 8th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I went to TBB. :)

justgreen
March 8th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Ditto Kimberlily.

Stagecoach
March 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I guess I had it pretty easy. While I missed LHC terribly I didn't have much time for the comp. anyway.
We decided on spur of the moment to carve out anothe apartment in our main house for renting, so we spent most of the time installing a kitchen, moving all our stuff out, re-painting and moving the new couple in, then cleaning the rental (also one of ours) that they had moved out of so another couple could move into it!
All that didn't leave much time for other things.

Lillian
March 8th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I've been quite busy in real life, so lurked at TBB for a while. Then, when it got to the end of February and LHC was still down and I needed hair inspiration, I signed up and posted a few times.

Carolyn
March 8th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I did lots of knitting and had a ball over at TBB.

WavyGal
March 8th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I did check out the Beauty Bottle. While it was okay, it didn't keep me from longing for the LHC to be back up (pun not intended). I also spent a lot of time at Naturally Curly.com. I hope LHC never crashes like this again!

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I waited patiently for the return of LHC and continued posting on the Dutch/Belgian hairforum Raponsje (http://raponsje.forumup.be/) :-)
Oh yeah.. I did go to the Dutch forum too, yes. Already did before it went down :)

Unofficial_Rose
March 8th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I started a madly busy & interesting but stressful new job so I've been WORN OUT! Was very happy to find TBB a couple of weeks ago 8) as I really missed LHC.

Even happier to find LHC back though - so glad it wasn't down when I was between jobs! :grouphug:

chelles2kids
March 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Well I did have my move from North Florida up here to Tennessee to take up part of my time, for the most part when I was missing LHC, I visited TBB.

Thank goodness we all had somewhere else to go, to wallow in our misery!:p

Michelle

teela1978
March 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I visited TBB a bit, but not a whole lot. I watched the entire series of Lost (all seasons are online... who knew?) which was an excellent procrastination technique, and I had a very successful committee meeting despite my spending hours watching tv on my laptop.

psvzum
March 8th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I lurked at the Beauty Bottle and googled other hair care forums-none come close to this one : )

Patrycja
March 8th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I did awhole lot of annoying people on the TBB(haha).I posted almost 300 posts while I was there.Had no life and I plan to continue that with LHC again :D

Laululintu
March 8th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I lurked on TBB occasionally, but mostly I read lots of fanfic, and browsed Etsy like mad.

nappywomyn
March 8th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I started my own hair blog, and hung out a LOT on LHCF..... :lol: I'm so glad it's back!

suicides_eve
March 8th, 2008, 11:53 AM
whew! good thing there was the TBB, i was going nuts

Remke
March 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I went to TBB and I was like always on the Dutch/Belgian hairforum Raponsje

nowxisxforever
March 8th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Went to TBB!.. It was a life saver! LOL..

OK.. so I looked at the stats of the poll.. and this is what it says..

Nowhere. I waited patiently. 0 0%
Everywhere! I went on standard fashion forums and told them all about HAPPY hair practices. 2 15.38%
Nope, people IRL got the brunt of it for me. 0 0%
Yes! I went to TBB. 13 100.00%
Yes! I went to longhair. 2 15.38%
Yes! I went to another long-hair forum. [Tell us where!] 2 15.38%

How can there be a 100.00% and three 15.38%'s?.. LOL..

You can pick more than one answer, so most likely it's saying everyone said they went to TBB, and the three 15.38% were...well, 15.38% selected vs. not selected. :]?

nowxisxforever
March 8th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I learned about TBB only a couple of days ago and about Net54 a week ago or so. So I mostly stayed out of longhair forums. I did and do frequent a perfume oils' board though, which means I was still on the net quite a bit.

BPAL, perhaps?

Amoretti
March 8th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I started a new Blog at TBB because I was going through withdrawal symptoms. LOL.

rhubarbarin
March 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I took a break from hair forums while LHC was down. Nothing could compare to it. But, I got addicted to fashionspot.com. I don't really talk about hair there, though.

Elle
March 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I went to a private board and hung out there most of the time. Recently I joined LJ for the sole purpose of catching up on another LHC friend's journal. Other than that, I worked quite a bit. I haven't been this productive in ages! I always feel fantastic when I'm creating/designing. http://www.swimmingwithmothra.com/images/public/HappyHappy.gif

Lixie
March 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I posted quite a bit at TBB and played the Sims more often than usual. Sad. ;)

Mahars
March 8th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I went to TBB too. I'm not a member though so I just lurked. I also went to long hair loom. I kinda like the loomies. They're a fun group.

Mahars
March 8th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I went to TBB and the longhair loom. It was fun but not the same.

Mahars
March 8th, 2008, 03:02 PM
For some reason I was re-directed and had to type the same thing again.

*Elvina*
March 8th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I voted for everywhere because I always go to the fashion spot and some purse forums/blogs. However I also visited the BB and other various hair forums, even one in French. But I still think LHC is the best!

Starr
March 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I poked around TBB for a bit, but I actually didn't spend half as much time online as I normally do. . . weird.

Nightshade
March 8th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Took me a few weeks, but I did make my way to TBB eventually.

csdearl
March 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Although I tired to get into TBB I just couldn't seem to. I ended up finding a Vegan/Vegetarian website full of recipes and there is a forum there as well. I am glad LHC is back but now I have to sites to waste time on.

Wanita
March 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Went back to TBB. Actually made it past 50 posts. :p
Joined Ravelry. Learned to knit simple stuff.
Learned how to make a Meez.

herbgurl82
March 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I hung out at TBB, but not too much, because work was rather busy.

Melisande
March 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I lurked at TBB (somehow my registration didn't get through, I never received the activation mail but was content to read and lurk), and I enjoyed the German longhair forum Langhaarnetz (http://www.langhaarnetzwerk.de/phpBB2/index.php), much recommended.

ilovelonghair
March 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I waited... not so patiently :p. Kept checking if the forum was back. I only discovered it was back by going trough an old link, because the regular link still doesn't work.

Shorty89
March 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I went on TBB and looked at dressytresses and longhairloom for hairstyle ideas. I also spent too much time on IRC, althought I got to marry skitts, and talk to Mira-chan on the phone.

Sapphire'sWings
March 9th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I went to TBB and tried to get interested in other sites. Other sites really are not this cool. As for long hair sites, I went to a few of the more familiar ones a couple of times. I think the topic of hair is nice but what attracts me to LHC is the community of fun and diverse people rather than just hair talk. :D

Haith
March 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I went to TBB, but I just lurked. I checked the 'LHC Update' thread almost every day. So happy to be back!

Curlsgirl
March 9th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I went to the Beauty Bottle and formed a new addiction :D

I also ate a lot of chocolate. :eek:

Wavelength
March 9th, 2008, 10:56 PM
I thought of heading to TBB, but I never seemed to get around to actually doing it. I didn't have TBB's link saved anywhere.

So I waited not-so-patiently. However, my WoW guild has over 100 people now, and I levelled two characters to L70. I guess that explains how I spent my spare time. :p

purplebubba
March 9th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I went to TBB, Loom, and other sites including mine.

I attended an LHC meet that was planned out at TBB.

I played Sims 2

Not much was different from before except not being able to see LHC.

addikted
March 10th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Went to TBB, thank goodness I found that!

hrimfaxi
March 10th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I lurked on TBB and longhair. I didn't post, though.

zaftig2k
March 10th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I spent some time on TBB. There was a group of us LHCers that also started a forum at the Ravelry Boards, so we can post there as well. Ravelry is a huge online knitting and crochet community. Fortunately, it seems that most of us stayed in touch with each other.

Needless to say, I got a lot of knitting done. :)

JKRBeloved
March 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I lurked some on TBB, but the day I got my validating registration email was the day LHC came back online!

Minx
March 10th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I moved house and country between on February 4th.
I've been busy busy busy. It may seem strange but I didn't realise the forum was down until after I moved in my new place!!

Yamale
March 11th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I was at the german long hair site. But that is nothing speacial 'cause I'm a member there since july last year ;)

Darian Moone
March 11th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I hung out at TBB a bit. :)

Shannon4J
March 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I went to TBB for a while, then I stopped posting & reading. I didn't even know LHC was back up until last night when someone requested me to be a friend!! I got busy with other stuff.

I feel like I was blindfolded and put into a room with the furniture re-arranged! I'm feeling my way around & trying not to trip on anything! LOL

HerbalAnnie
March 11th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I went to work. I went to school. I took Alatariel to dance. I wrote a lot on my blogspot blog. I even had conversations with hubby! I didn't turn on my computer for days! I cooked!! I cleaned!! I had the piano tuned and started playing it again!! I lost 15 pounds!!!

Now my butt is glued to the recliner......

SearMeCarefully
March 11th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Network 54 to figure out what the crap happened lol then I somehow wandered into TBB for awhile.. mostly lurking though

MercyD
March 12th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I let go of hair forum obsession and checked out a raw foods forum I used to frequent.

I just commited to healthy hair practices and waited for this one to come back up.

vindo
March 12th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Another Forum. I have an own private (very small) Forum with some german longhaired friends...we just chat about hair the whole time basically.

I tried accessing TBB but had and still have problems with logging in and the page freezes on me somtimes..:(

Gutterfayrie
March 12th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I hung out on TBB a little bit, read the LJ long hair community, but spent most of my time on a diabetic cat fourm because I found out my cat was diabetic about the same time LHC went down.

Gladtobemom
March 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
The Beauty Bottle was great, but I spent more time on my Watercolor Painting Blog too.

DecafJane
March 14th, 2008, 06:17 AM
I got so caught up with uni that my hair grew while I wasn't paying much attention because I wasn't thinking about it - to a point where I now wear it in a ponytail every day! So happy! Next goal is pony tail without 10 bobby pins holding the side and top pieces in place. :cheese:

TheStorm
March 14th, 2008, 09:19 AM
What did I do without LHC???? Um. Played games instead, took up Dressmaking & crashed my car.

Sophrosyne
March 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I voted "nowhere". I waited patiently. :) Real life got kind of busy for me anyway, so it ended up being good timing. Very glad the site is back up and running now though!

mugglemomof3
March 14th, 2008, 01:00 PM
What did I do without LHC???? Um. Played games instead, took up Dressmaking & crashed my car.

Crashed your car? Sorry to hear that. What happened? :drama:

I did a bunch of research on Google and Wikipedia - played around with my photography - and visited some of the other sites I've neglected lately.

And bugged my IRL people more!!! :cool:

Neon Gloss
March 15th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I was wondering about in ignorance. I just found this place a few days back--how long did the downtime last?

Gumball
March 15th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I pulled a combo between waiting patiently and babbling to those around me who indulge my need to talk about hair. I did visit TBB, but as a lurker just to check on the status of the site (so I'm pretty sure it was patiently waiting). All that waiting paid off, but it was a tough spam of forum-less time.

EbonyCurls
March 15th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I started hanging around Nappturality.com. They have alot of the same haircare views as here at LHC.

growingitlonger
March 16th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I did some decorating, watched telly, browsed aimlessly and felt a bit sad. I thought the site had gone down for good!! We need a sort of cascade notification system for emergencies!

Had I known about TBB I would have been there, for sure!

kwaniesiam
March 16th, 2008, 03:15 PM
TBB, and I still go there now.

Cactus Jack
March 16th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I researched hair styles and hair styling on other the web sites and did some practice sets. Glad to have the LHC site back...looking forward to getting my files back. Thanks Moderators for all your hard work.:)

HairColoredHair
March 17th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Went stir-crazy? And apparently, after it's come back up, I cannot access it on my main computer... Which is fine... cause my new one came today! :cheese:

Mina
March 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I chopped my hair :silly: .

Well not exactly, I had a 4 inch (unfortunately, much needed and necessary) trim :).

MadHatter
March 17th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I went to TBB.

Sarahmoon
March 17th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I browsed Long hair Loom from time to time to look at pictures of long hair and updos. I didn't join.
I went to TBB too once but didn't really like it.

CaityBear
March 18th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Well, I checked out a few other long hair forums, while checking and checking to see if LHC was back. lol

xrosiex
March 23rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
I went to TBB. And I really liked it there. But there is no-where like here. TLC is the best.:)

ladystar
March 24th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I click on the link 100 times till it came back and yea what snowbear said. lol :hooched:

BonanzaJB
March 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
i joined the Soap Dish Forum and started making soap! i´m hooked :)

HappyHaley
March 24th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I spent a little time on the Long Hair Loom, reading mostly as I do here.

~Haley

Jorchet
March 27th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I voted that I went to TBB. I kept going to NC.com, since it's one of the forums I like the most - great for curlies! - and through which I came across LHC. :)

Nynaeve
March 31st, 2008, 07:16 PM
I voted both nowhere and people IRL got it from me.
I took several "extended" vacations from LHC before it went down due to internet and computer, etc issues, so I didn't even know it was down until I got my net back up and tried to log on, and the site wouldn't come up. :(
I honestly didn't even know about TBB, and didn't have the net to get there anyway.
I don't really know of or care about any other long hair sites anyway because I love this one so much.
My DBF and friends got the brunt of it from me. :D
My hair.... was not happy at all though.

intothemist1999
March 31st, 2008, 07:20 PM
Today??? FRETTED!! :D

WritingPrincess
April 1st, 2008, 04:20 PM
I took a break from the longhair world, and spent a lot of time lurking at the NaNoWriMo forums. I just continued my daily routine, and my hair got to tailbone length. I never did make it over to TBB. :shrug:

DrkAngel
April 1st, 2008, 04:36 PM
I started preaching to my friends about haircare. :soapbox:

Michiru
April 2nd, 2008, 02:26 AM
I just remember that I went on Naturallycurly.com as well as TBB so I guess that would change the results a bit. I only voted on TBB

Strands
November 10th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Wow I didn't know that there were so many sites for hair forums. I feel like i am entering a whole new world lol

Strands
November 10th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Does this site go down frequently?