PDA

View Full Version : Cut my hair! From BSL to Shoulder. So GLAD I did it!

kitcatsmeow
September 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Well since I'm having trouble posting pics in my albums I was able to change my profile and avatar so you can see how much I chopped off. I basically cut it to the shortest layer.

I finally realized that that layer was NOT going to catch up with the rest of my hair. Duh. lol. That's why I was fighting with my hair every day....I'm used to thick ends and since half of it was shoulder length (form a old cut and bangs growing out) the length was scraggly and thin. Now I can let my natural waves (yes those are my natural curls coming out to play!) come out and I don't have to curl/straighten, DAMAGE my hair. Air dry and go! :cheese:

I know I'll be back to BSL in no time and my ends will be thick and HEALTHY!

julierockhead
September 10th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Good for you! A hard choice but you made it bravely!

jasper
September 10th, 2011, 09:55 AM
It looks great!

Rocket22
September 10th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Looks great!!! and so much thicker. I struggle with this almost daily, I have super fine hair and thin, and have bleach breakage and I know it would look tons thicker if I take it up a bit but just not ready yet :)

Neneka
September 10th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I am also having troubles with posting pics in my albums today...

Your hair looks nice and thick!

alwayssmiling
September 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I can see why you are so happy, it looks so much thicker and I love your waves. I'm growing layers out too it takes forever!

Roseate
September 10th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I love the wavy texture you're getting with your new cut! Enjoy growing from here!

meganb990
September 10th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Your hair looks great very healthy! I'm thinking about doing the same thing actually.

irishlady
September 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Yay! :D I did the same thing recently, for lots of reasons but one of them was to get rid of layers, it feels good to be rid of layers, whoever told me that they'd make my hair look thicker was lying.

kitcatsmeow
September 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I forgot to mention...the night before I cut it I had a dream I cut it. Figured that was all the sign I needed and called my hairdresser the minute they opened. My girl, who is usually booked SOLID, had an opening in an hour. More than enough to convince me it was now or never!

slo2gro
September 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM
It looks great. Good call Im sure it will grow in no time. I have been really struggling with this decision myself as well.

xoxophelia
September 10th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I really like it. Recently I had a dream that my hair was only BSL.. maybe a sign also?

Maktub
September 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I think you took the right decision ! It does look much healthier and it will be gorgeous when you reach Bsl again !!!

Becky Safari
September 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Nice thick hemline!

woolyleprechaun
September 10th, 2011, 01:04 PM
It looks soooooo thick and healthy! Lucky thing!:)

CarpeDM
September 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I love it, congrats!!

Shelly
September 10th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I'm glad you like it. It looks a lot more healthy and more full. That's a much better start for your waist length journey. ;)

Lucky
September 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I'm so glad you're happy with your choice. I think your hair looks great, so healthy and I love the waves! You'll be back to bsl in no time and with nice thick, healthy ends!

Toiréasa
September 10th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Wow what a difference it looks so much thicker,love the waves too.

Foxy_Booker
September 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Wow that made such a difference! When I started growing my hair out I cut out all the layers and was happy with the result. Your natural wave its awesome too!

SilentGuardian
September 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
It looks great! It appears thick and healthy. I want to get rid of my layers eventually, to embrace my natural thickness, but I'm not ready yet. My hairs isn't even at APL yet.