PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY getting my Implanon removed on Monday!

hototogisu
September 10th, 2011, 02:57 AM
So I'm taking the plunge and ending my 10 year relationship with the Implanon implant. Over those years I've started losing hair in a very hormonal pattern, and I'm determined to stop it. This is step one. I plan on starting essential oils and a vitamin regime as soon as, well, I get paid.

Has anyone had experience regrowing hair after hormonal loss?

kitten1986
September 10th, 2011, 03:53 AM
I only managed to keep my implanon for a year, I HATED it i was so hungry all of the time when I had it in and put on heaps of weight, also it made my skin break out really badly and crazy mood swings... not to mention my 'time of the month' was all over the place usually occuring 3x a month then nothing for 2 months yuk!
I didnt seem to have any problems with my hair while I had it in, but then again it was before I found LHC and became obsessed with my hair hahahahaha
Good luck with the removal! It doesnt hurt as much as the insertion. I hope your hair problems come back to normal when it is out!

hototogisu
September 10th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Thanks for the good wishes! I'm not concerned about the removal at all - this is my FOURTH implant. The really sad thing is, aside from the gradual hair loss, Implanon has been a dream for me. Based on the very scientific method of anecdotes from my friends, Implanon is either the worst or the best, with very, very little middle ground. I plan on getting an IUD after this.