PDA

View Full Version : ATT wavies 2a/2b with thick hair - which MP brush???

julliams
September 9th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I keep reading about MP brushes and whist I often read that curlies should never brush their hair, I personally like to brush so I was wondering which one I should get? I've noticed there are some with just the BB and others that seem to have longer bristles that I'm guessing are nylon? I'm just not sure what to get and being an expensive purchase, I want to get it right the first time.

Also the size of the brush. I'm often reading that people like their large or extra large brush best.

So, for those of you with thick 2a/2b hair and a MP that you love? Which one is it and why do you love it?

Thanks

silverjen
September 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I have the Popular size, which I think is the largest. I like it, but I think going down one size would have been fine. Mixed bristles are the bomb (to me). The BBB bristles polish the hair, while the nylon bristles get down to the scalp and give it a good massage.

lapushka
September 10th, 2011, 06:41 AM
I don't have a MP, but I do have a mixed BBB (can't remember where I got it, it's old). That means it's reinforced with nylon bristles. Only a mixed BBB gets through my hair. A pure BBB just *will* *not*, and my hair's not even that thick. I'm just about a quarter inch past 4 inches circumference.

I keep reading a BBB is for smoothing, and for giving the hair shine, not for actual brushing (as in: getting through the hair properly).

jojo
September 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I have a medium pure bristle BBB by MP and too have wavy hair. The brush does kill some of the waves but my hair is growing much quicker, looks shiner and I have less splits since using it. I use mine twice a day.

julliams
September 13th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Hi Jojo, so no nylon in yours?

lapushka
September 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I just came across mixed BB brushes from Kent. Apparently some of their mixed brushes have ball ends on the nylon or plastic, or whatever... that is:
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/Kent-NS02-Natural-Shine-Nylon-and-Bristle-Hair-Brush-/220763684338?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Hair_Care_Brushes _Combs_PP&hash=item33668a7df2

Madora
September 15th, 2011, 03:04 PM
[quote=julliams;1773327]I keep reading about MP brushes and whist I often read that curlies should never brush their hair, I personally like to brush so I was wondering which one I should get? I've noticed there are some with just the BB and others that seem to have longer bristles that I'm guessing are nylon? I'm just not sure what to get and being an expensive purchase, I want to get it right the first time.

Also the size of the brush. I'm often reading that people like their large or extra large brush best.

So, for those of you with thick 2a/2b hair and a MP that you love? Which one is it and why do you love it?

I have no experience with MP so can't comment.
Generally speaking, however, if at all possible, feel your brush..how stiff (or not) the bristles are (although the stiffness will lessen with usage), how many rows of bristles, how comfortable it feels in your hand.

Make sure it lies flat on its back. Rounded brushes are for short hair and will make a tangled mess of long hair.

Also, consider how heavy it is, if you're doing much brushing.

Sometimes the shape of the brush can play a role in how successful (or not) the brush is (I learned the hard way many years ago).

And for heaven's sake, steer clear of any brush that has those ghastly "balls" on the end of the bristles! They will kill your hair.